Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Sammy, considering how ye all keep reminding us how thick Tony is and how he has no credibility, ye spend a huge amount of time repsonding to his posts.
What gives?
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 30, 2007, 09:43:43 AMBecause u mentioned Brazil and Croatia...Can you explain how Eduardo was born in Brazil and plays for Croatia?
Off the top of my head (from memory so I could be wrong) I think he took Croat citizenship and qualifies as he's been resident in the country for years and hadn't previously played for Brazil (although he might even have qualified under the old rules).

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 30, 2007, 09:45:55 AM
Sammy, considering how ye all keep reminding us how thick Tony is and how he has no credibility, ye spend a huge amount of time repsonding to his posts.
What gives?
Very simple, every tme Tony posts lies and shite about me or my fellow fans, I will respond and point it out. If he posts about Spurs or some other shite, I never bother as it's feck all to do with me.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: SammyG on November 30, 2007, 09:47:42 AM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 30, 2007, 09:43:43 AMBecause u mentioned Brazil and Croatia...Can you explain how Eduardo was born in Brazil and plays for Croatia?
Off the top of my head (from memory so I could be wrong) I think he took Croat citizenship and qualifies as he's been resident in the country for years and hadn't previously played for Brazil (although he might even have qualified under the old rules).
So then why can't anyone who holds a Irish passport(takes Irish citizenship) not play for ROI?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

his holiness nb

Quote from: SammyG on November 30, 2007, 09:48:50 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on November 30, 2007, 09:45:55 AM
What gives?
Very simple, every tme Tony posts lies and shite about me or my fellow fans, I will respond and point it out. If he posts about Spurs or some other shite, I never bother as it's feck all to do with me.

Fair enough, however you are the exception from OWC boys, they could explain similarly, but they seem to have taken an unusual interest in Spurs too!
I find it so amusing how Tony can get you so riled up, most people on here put no pass on him.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on November 30, 2007, 09:51:14 AMSo then why can't anyone who holds a Irish passport(takes Irish citizenship) not play for ROI?
They can if they fulfill the other criteria (either born in the RoI, residency, grandparents or parents) and they haven't previously played for any othert international team.

nifan

QuoteFair enough, however you are the exception from OWC boys, they could explain similarly, but they seem to have taken an unusual interest in Spurs too!

I have no unusual interest in spurs, id say i post less on spurs than in the liverpool or man u threads

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on November 30, 2007, 09:55:56 AM
QuoteFair enough, however you are the exception from OWC boys, they could explain similarly, but they seem to have taken an unusual interest in Spurs too!

I have no unusual interest in spurs, id say i post less on spurs than in the liverpool or man u threads
Its the nature of the posts though.
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

what is the nature of the posts? if its taking the piss out of tony i usually do so in a response to something hes written. Its not like he doesnt leave himself open to it - as evidenced by the fact its a hell of a lot more than the owc guys who respond.

any shite he talks about something that interest me i respond with a serious post.

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on November 30, 2007, 10:27:20 AM
what is the nature of the posts? if its taking the piss out of tony i usually do so in a response to something hes written. Its not like he doesnt leave himself open to it - as evidenced by the fact its a hell of a lot more than the owc guys who respond.

any shite he talks about something that interest me i respond with a serious post.

Just find it interesting that the nature seem to be slagging Tony rather that the post. An unhealthy obsession I reckon. Its mainly EG in fairness, although by even saying that he will probably call me gay  ::)
You know what I mean, for every thick thread he starts you can be sure someone from the OWC contingent will reply, without fail.
Ask me holy bollix

SammyG

Quote from: his holiness nb on November 30, 2007, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: nifan on November 30, 2007, 10:27:20 AM

Just find it interesting that the nature seem to be slagging Tony rather that the post. An unhealthy obsession I reckon. Its mainly EG in fairness, although by even saying that he will probably call me gay  ::)
You know what I mean, for every thick thread he starts you can be sure someone from the OWC contingent will reply, without fail.

The problem is that if somebody doesn't correct Tony's rants, then people believe them. There have been a number of occaisions were people have quoted storeis about NI supporters, which were actually made up by Tony a few months previously and never happened.

nifan

if i started as many stupid, offensive or plainly incorrect threads as tony id expect ot be corrected/debates/have the piss taken out of me as well.

You are entitled to your opinion, but many people often indulge in arguing with tony - if you notice many owc ones perhaps its because you notice us more, or because we are so often the butt of fearons crap.

And the threads actually started to take the piss out of him are more often than not started by non owc sorts.

his holiness nb

Sammy, I have no issue when you reply to correct lies about nifans. I would expect you to defend your side.
What I find amusing is when ye post on spurs threads or the likes to personally ridicule him about being thick / fat or the likes.

"if you notice many owc ones perhaps its because you notice us more"

Not at all Nifan, many people on here slag off Tony, but as I said, you can guarantee that one of ye will reply to almost every thread he starts.

That cant be said about anyone else.

I dont want to get into a whole debate over this, my whole point is that its getting a little boring at this stage. Ye dont like him, we get it  ;)

Ask me holy bollix

nifan

QuoteThat cant be said about anyone else.

of course it can
i can think of several people on here, who if you where able to lump into a group, would take the piss out of tony every bit as much as owc ones

QuoteWhat I find amusing is when ye post on spurs threads or the likes to personally ridicule him about being thick / fat or the likes.
The only reason we are aware he is fat is die to the amount of slagging he got on here about it when we joined.
It is actually notcieably a lot less than it was 3 or 4 years ago

his holiness nb

Nifan, i disagree but thats straying from my point about the OWC obsession.

I honestly dont see why you are denying it when its being admiitted previously that several OWC boys joined this board to argue with Tony  ::)
Ask me holy bollix