Official Irish Football Association Thread (Northern Ireland)

Started by Mentalman, September 04, 2007, 11:39:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 05:13:45 PM
Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 11:39:11 AM
Michaelg show us your norn iron passport to prove norn iron exists please, you cant, they dont exist, why you ask do they not exist, they dont exist because norn iron is not a country, it isnt even a province, it is 2/3rds of a province.

Who are "they"?

As for existing, I don't know who in the world holds the definitive list of "countries" but UEFA and FIFA definitely own the definitive list of international football teams and according to then Northern Ireland does exist.  In a soccer context that's all that matters. 

So I don't think michaelg dreamt the Northern Ireland matches he was at.

/Jim.

Of course in a soccer context that is all that matters ffs! It is not a nation, some of their fans, many of their fans believe it to be a country, an actual country /Jim, it is not an actual country /Jim.

Our wee country cant even make it as a province let alone a country but they did put up one hell of a fight in the WC playoffs, which is more than the Republic, a real country did in their playoff game.

/Kevin.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: stew on January 12, 2018, 06:46:06 PM
Michaelg show us your norn iron passport to prove norn iron exists please, you cant, they dont exist, why you ask do they not exist, they dont exist because norn iron is not a country, it isnt even a province, it is 2/3rds of a province.

Who are "they"?

As for existing, I don't know who in the world holds the definitive list of "countries" but UEFA and FIFA definitely own the definitive list of international football teams and according to then Northern Ireland does exist.  In a soccer context that's all that matters. 

/Jim.

Of course in a soccer context that is all that matters ffs! It is not a nation, some of their fans, many of their fans believe it to be a country, an actual country /Jim, it is not an actual country /Jim.

Our wee country cant even make it as a province let alone a country but they did put up one hell of a fight in the WC playoffs, which is more than the Republic, a real country did in their playoff game.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

Regardless of what entity it represents Fifa have a team called "Northern Ireland" .  If michaelg calls out that people here can't even refer to the team by it's name then I think it says more about them than him.

/Jim.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 07:25:52 PM

Who are "they"?

/Jim.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

Regardless of what entity it represents Fifa have a team called "Northern Ireland" .  If michaelg calls out that people here can't even refer to the team by it's name then I think it says more about them than him.

/Jim.

Honestly can't understand how someone who posts on a GAA board can have an affinity with the norn iron soccer team? Surely a contradiction of the highest level.

michaelg

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 12, 2018, 07:35:17 PM

Who are "they"?

/Jim.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

/Jim.

Honestly can't understand how someone who posts on a GAA board can have an affinity with the norn iron soccer team? Surely a contradiction of the highest level.
Do you understand what is meant by 'General Discussion'?

Milltown Row2

Who are "they"?

/Jim.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

/Jim.

Eh?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Therealdonald

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2018, 07:44:08 PM

Who are "they"?

/Jim.

/Kevin.

Good man Kevin,

/Jim.

Eh?

I just don't see why any Gael goes to Windsor Park to support the occupied 6?  Just an opinion but I feel it goes against being a Gael.

laoislad

I don't think michaelg is a gael!
I do think he is a decent poster though in fairness to him.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Who's said they go to Windsor other than Michaelg! But regardless of that if I went to Windsor I wouldn't feel less a Gael if I did!

If you look hard enough to be offended you will

Occupied 6! Brill nearly as good as free state
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

playwiththewind1st

I live in the "occupied 6", but I have a "free state" passport.  That's realpolitik for ya.

Milltown Row2

Im a Gael married to a prod with un-Christened children who's had both passports, lived in the Falls through the troubles, rioted as child (as was the norm) worked in the main prod Belfast industrial companies and survived!

I'm living proof you can make up you're own mind and understand others, (you don't havevto agree) . therealdonald has a problem with that

Therealdonald

I've no problem with anything. Everyone to their own. I'm just asking the question why anyone feels affinity to norn iron? Like lets not paper over the bigotry associated with the IFA. I'm only asking by the way.

BennyCake

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 12, 2018, 08:53:57 PM
I've no problem with anything. Everyone to their own. I'm just asking the question why anyone feels affinity to norn iron? Like lets not paper over the bigotry associated with the IFA. I'm only asking by the way.

It's not the IFA that stops me supporting Norn Iron. It's the fact that Norn Iron actually exists. It's an artificially created statelet that I have no connection or affinity to. What the IFA do or don't do, is irrelevant to me.

Jim_Murphy_74

As a Gael with no affinity to them, can you bring yourself  to call their team Northern Ireland or is that a step too far?

/Jim.

Therealdonald

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on January 12, 2018, 09:01:30 PM

As a Gael with no affinity to them, can you bring yourself  to call their team Northern Ireland or is that a step too far?

/Jim.

No i won't call them it.

/Donald

Milltown Row2

You're from Tyrone ya buck eejit! The north or N.Ireland, dropped by the south after the civil war, given up by your local politicians years ago.. deal with it