OWC neantderthals being left further behind

Started by T Fearon, August 09, 2007, 01:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/article2849552.ece

Important that this should be brought to the attention when the GAA is on the receiving end of flak by OWC bigots it is genuinely reassuring to observe that their small mindedness is not shared by all unionists, and quite possibly, not shared by even a majority of unionists

T Fearon

Anyone know anybody working in Mc Culla Transport that I can scrounge tickets off? ;D

PS Ashley Mc Culla could well be a future GAA President. :D

Evil Genius

"McCulla's, who have numerous business links with the Republic, say the deal is all about getting their name out in front of new customers"

All that publicity and for a fraction of the cost of sponsoring a crap county like Antrim. Clever guys those McCullas, I'll give them that!  ;)

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day who had been trying to secure sponsorship for a local soccer venture in NI. They were talking to a prominent Catholic businessman in the area, to see whether he might help. It seems he was not at all averse, but in the end declined, since he is already a sponsor of GAA in the same area, and he made it clear that the shit he'd get from certain quarters in the GAA (i.e. for supporting a "garrison" sport) made it more trouble than it was worth.

Oh well.
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

nifan

QuoteOWC bigots

tony can you define what is meant by the term OWC bigots.
Im always confused as to the exact grouping your aiming for with it

Donagh

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 02:40:05 PM
"McCulla's, who have numerous business links with the Republic, say the deal is all about getting their name out in front of new customers"

All that publicity and for a fraction of the cost of sponsoring a crap county like Antrim. Clever guys those McCullas, I'll give them that!  ;)

Funnily enough, I was talking to someone the other day who had been trying to secure sponsorship for a local soccer venture in NI. They were talking to a prominent Catholic businessman in the area, to see whether he might help. It seems he was not at all averse, but in the end declined, since he is already a sponsor of GAA in the same area, and he made it clear that the shit he'd get from certain quarters in the GAA (i.e. for supporting a "garrison" sport) made it more trouble than it was worth.

Oh well.

You were talking to someone who was talking to someone else? Aye righto...  ::)

BallyhaiseMan

what was that you were saying about whatchaboutery in the other thread EG? ::)

you just displayed it in full with that post there mate.

Jim_Murphy_74

Good man,  Aerlik tried to pan a story off yesterday full of easily testable facts and got caught out.  You are cute enough to go with I was talking to someone who was chatting to someone who was let know by someone else.  All very convenient.

Must try harder: D minus.

/Jim.

Evil Genius

Quote from: Donagh on August 09, 2007, 02:45:35 PM

Oh well.

You were talking to someone who was talking to someone else? Aye righto...  ::)

I was speaking to someone who had been speaking to a reasonably well known sponsor of GAA. It's hardly akin to tracing ones ancestry back to Brian Boru.

Beyond that, I'm not going to compromise the identity of the sponsor in question by being any more specific, so I don't care whether you accept my word or not.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Evil Genius

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on August 09, 2007, 02:46:07 PM

No "whataboutery" at all.

Fearon posted an item about GAA sponsorship. I responded with one of my own about GAA sponsorship. That's how threads work.
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 03:00:29 PM

Fearon posted an item about GAA sponsorship. I responded with one of my own about GAA sponsorship. That's how threads work.
tit for tat comes to mind
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Evil Genius

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 09, 2007, 03:04:04 PM

No, "whataboutery" is where someone tries to excuse his own failings by pointing to the failings of others and "tit for tat" is where one person has a go at someone else, who immediately replies in kind.

When Fearon originally opened the thread, I didn't feel attacked or threatened in any way, so I felt no need to respond accordingly.

Rather, as I tried to explain to another of your intellectually-challenged fellow posters, in response to someone pointing out an item on a given topic, I added one of my own. As I say, that's how threads work.

You may question my motives for contributing, or even my integrity, but I don't care (which is another feature of Message Boards like this)

Chill  ;) 
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Evil Genius on August 09, 2007, 03:12:36 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 09, 2007, 03:04:04 PM

No, "whataboutery" is where someone tries to excuse his own failings by pointing to the failings of others and "tit for tat" is where one person has a go at someone else, who immediately replies in kind.

When Fearon originally opened the thread, I didn't feel attacked or threatened in any way, so I felt no need to respond accordingly.

Rather, as I tried to explain to another of your intellectually-challenged fellow posters, in response to someone pointing out an item on a given topic, I added one of my own. As I say, that's how threads work.

You may question my motives for contributing, or even my integrity, but I don't care (which is another feature of Message Boards like this)

Chill  ;) 

cool as ice eg ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Evil Genius

Quote from: Jim_Murphy_74 on August 09, 2007, 02:52:57 PM
Good man,  Aerlik tried to pan a story off yesterday full of easily testable facts and got caught out.  You are cute enough to go with I was talking to someone who was chatting to someone who was let know by someone else.  All very convenient.

Must try harder: D minus.

/Jim.

Shouldn't it be Aelik who deserves the D-? (As in Dunce, or Dickhead?)

Whereas, if I'm as astute as you imply, that should be worthy of an A+

Anyhow, it's up to you whether you accept my anecdote or not, I'm hardly as bothered as you appear to be from our earlier exchange on another thread... :-*
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

his holiness nb

Funniest thread in a while this.
EG, you really do believe your own hype dont you  :D :D :D :D

p.s. no more lectures about playing the ball not the man please, it would be hypocritical at this stage  ;)
Ask me holy bollix