Steroids in sport

Started by heganboy, August 08, 2007, 03:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balboa

Quote from: screenexile on August 09, 2007, 10:30:56 AM

As for him speaking out about drug use all the time, he strikes me as being a fairly intelligent fella so it wouldn't make much sense for him to go around berating people for taking drugs if he's doing it himself and given his persona if he were to be caught it would completely ruin the man's reputation and credibility forever... too big a risk I would say!

Linford Christie ring a bell? Everytime he was interviewed he said he was clean, it turned out he doth protest too much.....

ludermor

but thats the main point about armstrong, the fact that everyone else was on steriods and he still beat them is just too much to believe.

imtommygunn

Was it not the case that Armstrong had EPO in some o his blood samples but these samples were taken pre EPO being banned?

I don't believe for one second Armstrong was clean - I think he just knew how to avoid failing the tests. Maybe that's the cynic in me but I just think that the cycling game is dirty and to be at the top you need to be taking part in that.

There is the theory that Armstrong was a supreme athlete - much better than the rest. In that case though why did he need EPO before it was banned?