West Belfast Festival

Started by Square Ball, August 07, 2007, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

been to a few of these over the years, a good craic all round, OK there will be a few things that will annoy certin people, if you get a chance do the graveyard tour, fasinating.

then theres this
Coiste Political Bus Tour of West Belfast and
Shankill
Starting Point: Art Shop, Falls Road.
Monday 6th, Wednesday 8th, Friday 10th and Saturday 11th August.
1pm (lasts approx 3 hours)
Coiste Political Tours, in conjunction with EPIC loyalist ex-prisoners,
provide in-depth tours of West Belfast and the Shankill. See the
authentic sites of historical and political interest in West Belfast with
members of the Irish republican ex-prisoner community as trained
guides. Swap to a Loyalist ex-prisoner tour guide at Lanark Way
Peace Line for a tour of the Shankill area. £10 per person. Booking
preferred but not essential.

http://www.feilebelfast.com/
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Donagh

Went to the drive-in movie last night (The Shinning) which was a pretty good experience – The Commitments this evening. Will be in the Duke of York tonight for '30 years of Belfast Punk', and looking forward to meeting SammyG. Opps, forgot Sinn Fein, IRA, sectarian, Fenians only, yawn...

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on August 07, 2007, 02:48:28 PM
Will be in the Duke of York tonight for '30 years of Belfast Punk', and looking forward to meeting SammyG.
Would love to be there but I'm stuck in Swanea at the minute. You'll see me on the big screen, in Shell Shock Rock, I'm near the stage in the Pound when SLF are playing and a couple of rows back for the Undertones (if it's the full uncut version).
Opps, forgot Sinn Fein, IRA, sectarian, Fenians only, yawn...

Yawn indeed. Or total mis-representation wouldl be another way of putting it.

laceer

went to see the undertones back in march.was happy to add them to my list but a little disappointed in the performance.the singer looked like he was fucked on drugs

SammyG

Went to the drive-in movie last night (The Shinning) which was a pretty good experience – The Commitments this evening. Will be in the Duke of York tonight for '30 years of Belfast Punk', and looking forward to meeting SammyG. Opps, forgot Sinn Fein, IRA, sectarian, Fenians only, yawn...

How did it go?

Donagh

Quote from: SammyG on August 10, 2007, 10:25:06 PM

How did it go?

Just back from the Gangsters followed by Lee (Scratch) Perry. Cool night, started off with a bit of Ska and then a bit of old style Reggae. Strong smell of ganga about the place... ;)

Will give an update on the Duke of York tomorrow.