OnePlus Mobile phones

Started by Solo_run, June 22, 2018, 03:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

My Sony Xperia Z3 has died after 4 years of use and for the past few weeks I have been using an Iphone but the phone isn't for me.

I have decided to go back to android and I have looked at reviews on the latest version of this phone OnePlus 6. I would sayabout 98% of the reviews I have read have said it is a fantastic phone. They have thrown quite a lot into this phone giving it the latest snapdragon processor and 8gb of ram but it seems to keep up quite well with the Iphones X and Samsung S9 but for half the price.

Has anyone purchased one and if so what do you think of it?

Boycey

After 10 years of being an iPhone 'fanboy' I bought myself a oneplus 6 about a month or so ago. Very impressed with it, solid, very quick, good camera, good battery life. Dual SIM also although I've not put a 2nd one in yet.

Still struggling a bit with the slight differences in the way an Android OS works compared to iOS but that's me not the phone   :)

gallsman

I have purchased five OnePlus phones since the first one came out in 2014. They are absolutely brilliant.

The 6 is the fastest phone on the market. OnePlus's proprietary dash charging technology is the best out there. Miles ahead of your Z3. Camera is middling compared to an iPhone or top end Samsung of that's a deal-breaker for you.

They cut corners to achieve the selling price (camera, no wireless charging etc) but if you can live with those I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

FL/MAYO

I went from the Nexus 5x to the One Plus 6, I'm very happy with it so far. As advertised it's very fast, has a great battery life and charges extremely fast compared to my old phone. I find the camera very good also. The dual SIM will be come in handy when I'm back in Ireland this summer. The O.S is very similar to my Nexus, I found the transition from my old phone very easy.

Jim_Murphy_74

I got one plus 5T last year after always using Sony/Sony Ericsson.

Find it brilliant. Dash charge excellent.  I run mail , social media, Spotify for car, sat nav. I use it also for work so run an encrypted VM for work stuff. Others with Samsung phones have performance issues with that but I never do.

I travel with work so dual sim very handy to get a local sim when staying on extended trip abroad.

Would definitely recommend it.

/Jim.

Solo_run

I have went out and bought myself the OnePlus 6 - it is insanely fast, especially when unlocking the phone with facial recognition. Haven't had a chance to test it properly but I am really liking it and feels a lot faster than the Iphone I have been using.

Has anyone taken out insurance on it? - I have been looking at insurance2go and have full cover for £7.49 a month but an excess of £75.

Boycey

I turned the facial recognition off it drove me nuts for some reason  :)

gallsman

Just be aware that facial recognition isn't as secure as the fingerprint, which isn't as secure as code etc

laoislad

That notch on the top of the screen on the One Plus 6 would annoy me.

I had one of the previous versions though and loved it.
Picked up a Moto G6 the other day. Very impressed with it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

They're that clever u can turn it off.. I'd forgotten it had one til u said

Jayop

I've had the OnePlusTwo for a good few years now and it's been a brilliant phone. I think if you're coming from iPhone the camera might be a slight disappointment as the camera even on the best androids doesn't tend to be as clear for some reason but they are excellent value for money.

LooseCannon

Quote from: Jayop on June 22, 2018, 09:09:41 PM
I've had the OnePlusTwo for a good few years now and it's been a brilliant phone. I think if you're coming from iPhone the camera might be a slight disappointment as the camera even on the best androids doesn't tend to be as clear for some reason but they are excellent value for money.
So, really you've had the three!

take_yer_points

I'm on my second, had a OnePlus 2 and now onto a OnePlus 5T. Deadly phones, highly recommended

Jayop

Quote from: LooseCannon on June 22, 2018, 11:22:34 PM

Wasn't it the four they skipped because 4 is an unlucky number in India.

Solo_run

Quote from: Jayop on June 23, 2018, 05:46:20 PM
Quote from: LooseCannon on June 22, 2018, 11:22:34 PM

Wasn't it the four they skipped because 4 is an unlucky number in India.

4 is unlucky in China and I think 8 is unlucky in India