Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

What's the story with Emlyn anyways? He must be living in Dublin if he switched to St. Brigid's but given he's working in Longford and has to travel to Lovely Leitrim for county training that doesn't seem to make much sense.

Great lad and a great talent. Leitrim would probably have steam-rolled London this year if he was fit.

North Longford

Lads what's the story with Sean mccormack and Shane mulligan. ....temporary break or completely gone?

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on January 03, 2014, 01:59:24 PM
Lads what's the story with Sean mccormack and Shane mulligan. ....temporary break or completely gone?

I think both are taking a break.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Insider

Would expect both to be back sometime during league, a lot of work needing to be done with U-21's especially in the back line.Team v Mayo
Garreth Higgins Carrickedmond, Brain Collumb Fr Manning Gaels, Andrew Farrell Cashel, Cian Farrelly, Shane Clarke both Killoe, Stephen Mc Loughlin Clonguish Og, Cormac Hughes, Fergal Sheridan both Colmcille ,Andrew Dalton Slashers, Rory Connor Kenagh, Ross Mc Nerney Dromard, Liam Connerton Rathcline,  Robbie Smyth Abbeylara, Barry Mc Keon Colmcille and James mc Givney St Columba's. subs used while I was present Anthony Mc Brien Abbeylara, Mattie Gorman Ballymore and Cillian Lynn Mostrim and Paudge Gill Fr Manning Gaels. Paddy Thompson Killoe and Martin Mulligan Colmcille unavailable to join panel at present . John Gill unavailable due to Army duty . Barry O Farrell injured . Some of the others togged out yesterday included Liam Sullivan Granard, Connor Shields Clonguish Connor Hawkins Colmcille ,Eoin Sorahan Rathcline , Brian Walsh Slashers , Gavin Kelly Cashel Shane Fitzpatrick Killoe , Emmet Noonan Fr Manning Gaels

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Insider on January 05, 2014, 08:55:49 PM
Would expect both to be back sometime during league, a lot of work needing to be done with U-21's especially in the back line.Team v Mayo
Garreth Higgins Carrickedmond, Brain Collumb Fr Manning Gaels, Andrew Farrell Cashel, Cian Farrelly, Shane Clarke both Killoe, Stephen Mc Loughlin Clonguish Og, Cormac Hughes, Fergal Sheridan both Colmcille ,Andrew Dalton Slashers, Rory Connor Kenagh, Ross Mc Nerney Dromard, Liam Connerton Rathcline,  Robbie Smyth Abbeylara, Barry Mc Keon Colmcille and James mc Givney St Columba's. subs used while I was present Anthony Mc Brien Abbeylara, Mattie Gorman Ballymore and Cillian Lynn Mostrim and Paudge Gill Fr Manning Gaels. Paddy Thompson Killoe and Martin Mulligan Colmcille unavailable to join panel at present . John Gill unavailable due to Army duty . Barry O Farrell injured . Some of the others togged out yesterday included Liam Sullivan Granard, Connor Shields Clonguish Connor Hawkins Colmcille ,Eoin Sorahan Rathcline , Brian Walsh Slashers , Gavin Kelly Cashel Shane Fitzpatrick Killoe , Emmet Noonan Fr Manning Gaels

Shouldn't there be a few more from FMG seeing as they won the under-21 A title, or are many of that team over age for this season? (Our problem is the opposite; half of our under-21s from last year are still minors.)
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Insider

Core of that U-21 team now overage , Paddy Collum, Dylan Quinn, Darren Farrelly,  Diarmuid Cooney , James Noonan plus Darren O Reilly all on minor panel in 2010. 1st 4 in training with senior panel earlier in December .Will be their last U 21 for a while

The Insider

Core of that U-21 team now overage , Paddy Collum, Dylan Quinn, Darren Farrelly,  Diarmuid Cooney , James Noonan plus Darren O Reilly all on minor panel in 2010. 1st 4 in training with senior panel earlier in December .Will be their last U 21 for a while

North Longford

On a slightly different note is there any reason the Longford website appears to have have died a death with the exception of results/fixtures. Living on the other side of the world means  i make more use of it than I'd like. Surely to God having a full time paid secretary might at least guarantee that there would be a modicum of keeping it up to date??

Shamrock Shore

NL.

Email Peter O'Reilly at secretary.longford@gaa.ie to find out.

I think I know the reason but by posting it up here may get me into hot water.

LaurelEye

Presumably the county secretary is the one keeping the fixtures up to date. Whoever it was that was updating the news part seems to have lost interest once Slashers got knocked out of Leinster.

The Insider

The PRO won't name him, it's on the contacts page of website (legal reasons) assumed sole responsibility for posting news items on the website and strongly resisted any assistance from anyone . The state of the website has been raised to no avail at a couple of executive meetings and by a St Columba's delegate at convention , who made the club's disappointment at the failure to acknowledge their Leader cup success known to the PRO. Who replied that he would update later that night. With the fixtures , the secretary uploads all 1st round league draws onto the Servasport system, it creates the rest of the league using a set matrix depending on the number of teams . referees are appointed to these games and inputted into  this system .The ref them gets a text message from Servasport asking is he available to ref this game or not. 2 hours before a throw in he will get a reminder about game and a request to fill out the score from game. If score is not recievied by system 30 mins after the game another request will be sent to ref for the scoreline .For championship games the secretary will upload fixtures after each draw and same procedure is followed for refs and scores . Nothing at all to do with the PRO . Although to be fair to Slashers the PRO is not from there ! Also complaints about few if any updates on any of the recent counties games on twitter

LaurelEye

Quote from: The Insider on January 07, 2014, 11:06:02 PM
The PRO won't name him, it's on the contacts page of website (legal reasons) assumed sole responsibility for posting news items on the website and strongly resisted any assistance from anyone . The state of the website has been raised to no avail at a couple of executive meetings and by a St Columba's delegate at convention , who made the club's disappointment at the failure to acknowledge their Leader cup success known to the PRO. Who replied that he would update later that night.

We were always troublemakers...

QuoteAlthough to be fair to Slashers the PRO is not from there !

Who could forget the days of the Longford GAA website's front page featuring reports of 21st birthday parties in the Spiral Tree?

North Longford

SS I think i know what you were referring to but I did think we had moved on from there..parties and all. Insiders story is a lot more plausible but I can't understand how one individual can be allowed to control it like this. Its a poor reflection on the co. board. When I was back in dear old ireland I had with work the need to visit the leitrim and cavan websites quite frequently and up until about a year ago Longford would have been the best of the 3 for having things up to date. Right now its so far behind the others its embarrassing.....anyway shur I'll get all the news here I suppose..

The Insider

Minors commence their competitions shortly in both the Leinster and Connaught minor leagues , play Tipperary at home on the 8th of February and travel to Louth and Wicklow on the 15th and 19th for the Leinster competition . Play all the Connaught teams starting with Galway on 14/15th of March ,Roscommon on the 17th , Mayo 22nd , Leitrim on the 29th and Sligo 5th of April. The Wicklow game on the 19th of Feb will clash with the U-21 game v Westmeath , with the U-21's management looking for a number of the minor panel (up to 4 Reynolds , Mc Givney, Rabbitte and Kenny) to join their panel . From the minor team who made the Dubs fight hard for win in 2011, Barry O Farrell a major doubt with injury . John Gill unavailable as he has army duty till April , Connor Clarke and Martin Mulligan both unavailable. Good to see Daniel Mimnagh back on Saturday eve work out . looked in great shape for someone who broke his leg in October . Liam Sullivan also struggling with injury.

LaurelEye

Senior Championship draw:

Longford Slashers v Fr Manning Gaels
Clonguish v Dromard
Killoe v Mostrim
Colmcille v Granard
Ardagh v Ballymahon
Abbeylara v Mullinalaghta 

Intermediate Championship draw:

Seán Connollys v Carrickedmond
Ballymore v Grattans
Moydow v Killashee
Rathcline v Legan
Cashel v Kenagh

Both of these are the same arrangement as last year, except that the quarter-finals will be an open draw rather than based on position after three rounds of matches.

Junior Championship draw:

Group 1: Forgney, Kenagh, Longford Slashers, Granard
Group 2: Fr Manning Gaels, Grattans, Cashel, Seán Connollys
Group 3: Shroid, Killoe, Mullinalaghta, Ardagh
Group 4: Ballymahon, Carrickedmond, Dromard

Questions were asked by the usual suspects about the state of the website and reassurances were given that everything was sorted. We trust that everything is indeed sorted.