Longford Football (& Hurling) Thread

Started by North Longford, November 17, 2006, 09:47:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaurelEye

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 05, 2012, 09:12:05 PM
I see Mostrim are well represented  :-\

I wouldn't fret if I were you. We had the largest contingent on the panel last year and feck all good it did us.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

The Insider

U-21s beat Leitrim today. Largely made up from 2010 Leinster minor winning team. Paddy Collum ,Barry O Farrell,Marty Mulvey, Sean Flynn,Diarmuid Cooney, Ronan Keogh, Darren Farrelly, John Keegan, Darren Gallagheer, Padraigh Mc Cormack, James Mc Givney, Barry Mc Keon, Robbie Smyth, Mark Hughes and James Noonan,  . Jason Kelly and Connor Keegan were amongst the subs who came on . Others who will be in contention for championship team start should be Gareth Higgins, Danny Keogh, Michael Mc Hugh,Paddy Thompson , Darragh Bennett,Dylan Quinn Patrick Fox, Simon Kiernan Darren Quinn.

Student Dissertation

Hi, I'm a final year student in the University of Ulster compiling my dissertation on Sports Nutrition. I'm doing a survey on the GAA.

If you could please just take two minutes to fill out the survey,it would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/SC5MD9F

Thanking you in advance of your co-operation.

TangFC

I agree Longford have a pretty good lineup but I have a feeling somehing will go wrong :-\

eachaidh

Hi everyone,

Sorry to hijack the thread but please bear with me!

I have been made aware of a study that the University of Ulster are currently carrying out into defibrillators in the GAA. It's an all-Ireland study that is based on line.

As this is such an important and emotive subject for many of us Gaels I thought that I should try to get the word out so that as many of us as possible participate in order to make the results more reliable. The link is below and I would encourage everyone to take the 5 minutes and complete the form. The idea is to get a picture of where we are at as an organisation with the provision of this life saving equipment.

I should state that this is not my study and I am not involved in it other than that I know the people carrying it out. But on their behalf I would like to thank everyone who does fill it out in advance. Your help will be greatly appreciated and hopefully will help the GAA and all of our members. Getting this information may eventually even help to save lives.

Go raibh maith agat!

Link Below:

https://edu.surveygizmo.com/s3/971431/CRP-Defibrillators-Survey

LaurelEye

First shock of the senior championship tonight with Colmcille recording a big win over Abbey. Would any of our posters who were at the match (*cough*NorthLongford*cough*) care to comment?
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

North Longford

Well we wouldn't be inclined to call it a shock down our way!!!! Played fairly well particularly in second half. 1-04 each at half time but Abbey had a bit of a breeze. Their goal was a penalty "earned" by big niall but he didn't have much impact on the game mostly because Colmcille dominated the middle 3rd to a large degree. Colmcilles so called big names performed significantly better than abbeys. 2 McKeons (or 3 by the end) kicked some good scores (and there were probably 7 or 8 scorers altogether which helped, and I believe in general all the locals are happy enough. As the luck of the draw would go Colmcille now have another extremely tough encounter on thursday night against Dromard....we'll see how the locals are Friday morning!! Laurel will have to reciprocate with some details of Clonguishs shock win over the half parish

LaurelEye

Quote from: North Longford on July 30, 2012, 10:55:56 AMLaurel will have to reciprocate with some details of Clonguishs shock win over the half parish

Not sure how it would constitute a shock either. Not going well at the moment; struggled to beat Carrickedmond last weekend. We were poor in the first half when we had the wind, and after fifteen minutes of dominance at the start of the second half we were as far behind as we had been at half-time because of endless missed chances. Friday night against Drumlish in Abbey will be sh:t or get off the pot time.

LaurelEye

Quarter-final draw:

Clonguish v Fr Manning Gaels
Mullinalaghta v Longford Slashers
Killoe v Abbeylara
Colmcille v Dromard

More repeats than the RTÉ winter schedule.

I would put money on Killoe at this stage, probably after a Killoe/Slashers final.

LaurelEye

Quote from: LaurelEye on August 20, 2012, 02:59:39 PM
Quarter-final draw:

Clonguish v Fr Manning Gaels
Mullinalaghta v Longford Slashers
Killoe v Abbeylara
Colmcille v Dromard

More repeats than the RTÉ winter schedule.

I would put money on Killoe at this stage, probably after a Killoe/Slashers final.

Should I ring up Irish Psychics Live to see if they have any vacancies?  ;D

Billys Boots

Well done Laureleye, and well done Killoe!  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Pragmatist

I am now convinced that the naysayers have been right all along. For years I tried to promote the idea that we can improve players' decision-making on and off the ball, their movement off the ball, their positional sense, their timing of runs and their abilities to adapt to different game plans and attacking options. The truth is that for 90% of players we cannot!!
They bring with them their own inbuilt cerebral limitations for these skills and we can labour for as long as we want and convince ourselves we see glimmers of hope, but the fact is that they will revert to type more often than not.
Just get them as fit as possible, as well-conditioned as possible and as technically proficient as possible and forget the rest.

Billys Boots

Nice result for Killoe against the Wexford lads - anyone see it?  Who's next?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

North Longford

Navan O'Mahonys Sunday week I think.