American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Gmac on October 13, 2021, 07:27:47 PM
Quote from: J70 on October 12, 2021, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Capt Pat on October 12, 2021, 01:11:31 PM
Jon Gruden has resigned as head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. He made racist and homophobic comments in e mails about 10 years ago that were published in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times.

Not that it matters, but his emails and pronouncements go from 2010 to 2018.

At least he felt sufficient shame to resign.
victimless crime how many wife/ girlfriend beaters are still playing?
One well known qb has 24 sexual assault allegations against him and is still eligible to play .
Thought crimes by a white coach are much worse

Should have known you'd be the one to jump to his defence. ;D ::)

First, he put his "thoughts" into words. Repeatedly, over many years. Second, who are you to say there were no victims? Can you say Gruden didn't deny opportunities to or unfairly treat players and staff over the years on account of his racist and homophobic attitudes?

As for the whataboutery, fair point. The NFL, like so many major organizations and corporations, has double standards and only moves, very slowly and belatedly, on these types of issues when societal attitudes and pressure reaches a certain point. You'll get absolutely no objection from me, only laudatory applause, if and when the NFL starts reacting appropriately to all kinds of player misconduct off the field.

One is forced to wonder, however, why the two dozen charges of sexual misconduct don't bother you when it comes to certain other individuals?

Capt Pat

What is wrong with the Chiefs this year? They were just about the best team over the last three years with the amazing Pat Mahomes at quarterback. Now they are about to go to 3-4 losing badly to the Titans.

gallsman

Derrick Henry's broken foot is a tragedy for the league and football fans. Didn't break 100 yards the last couple of weeks but back to back 2,000 yard seasons and the single season record were definitely on the line.

He could be back for the playoffs if the Titans make it.

Capt Pat

Jameis winston the saints qb is gone for the season too. That should be the end of them as a threat. Although they did ok against the Bucs without him.

The vikings who couldn't beat the cowboys with Cooper Rush at quarterback will now be without Danielle Hunter their standout defensive end. He tore his pectoral muscle.

smort

Saints just did OK against the bucs?? They bloody beat them!! Watching Brady throw that pick 6 at the end was beautiful!  ;D

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 01, 2021, 09:11:59 PM
Jameis winston the saints qb is gone for the season too. That should be the end of them as a threat. Although they did ok against the Bucs without him.

The vikings who couldn't beat the cowboys with Cooper Rush at quarterback will now be without Danielle Hunter their standout defensive end. He tore his pectoral muscle.

Their threat so far this season has been quality defence and getting the ball to Kamara.  I think even i might jus be able to get the ball 5 yards to Kamara. That being said, they arent good enouh to be considered a threat in my opinion. And i hope i am incorrect.

gallsman

Raiders' disappointing 2020 first round pick WR Henry Ruggs III to be charged with DUI resulting in death.

Capt Pat

Ruggs has now been cut by the raiders. It looks like he will be serving a few years in prison.

Gabriel_Hurl

Maybe we all owe seanie an apology

An absolute car crash of an interview from Aaron Rodgers

https://twitter.com/benbbaldwin/status/1456669682686218256

Capt Pat

Rodgers has gone down in my estimation because of the latest covid non vaccination/immunisation controversy. I spend time on a minnesota Vikings fan message board and they never liked Rodgers and are always putting him down as a character or player. I assumed this was because he was the rival Green Bay Packers quarterback and he wasn't really all that bad and a top player. After this latest controversy I am beginning to think Rodgers is the lousy character some diehard viking fans claim he is.

Gmac

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 06, 2021, 06:42:09 PM
Rodgers has gone down in my estimation because of the latest covid non vaccination/immunisation controversy. I spend time on a minnesota Vikings fan message board and they never liked Rodgers and are always putting him down as a character or player. I assumed this was because he was the rival Green Bay Packers quarterback and he wasn't really all that bad and a top player. After this latest controversy I am beginning to think Rodgers is the lousy character some diehard viking fans claim he is.
he's back tomorrow

RealSpiritof98

Typical capt ppat.The left lovers will have us all down the covid pass route where your have no anaminity over your own medical status. Southern America is thriving just like Sweden but yet the euro Nazis want you in masks and needling yourself 4 times a year plus poisoning your kids who are low and behold zero.zero zero 9 % of dying yet they have a 5% of enlarged heart

Gabriel_Hurl

Capt Pat

The Texans beat the number one seeded Titans in Tennessee in the upset of the year in the AFC.

The Vikings beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers 34-31 in a thriller in Minnesota.

lurganblue

Quote from: Capt Pat on November 21, 2021, 09:55:15 PM
The Texans beat the number one seeded Titans in Tennessee in the upset of the year in the AFC.

The Vikings beat Aaron Rodgers and the Packers 34-31 in a thriller in Minnesota.

No Henry, no party.