Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Jablue on March 12, 2020, 09:31:25 AM
Heard Ryan Grey has been called into the Tyrone senior squad, he played some McKenna cup last year?
Strange first post, Ryan Gray, welcome to the board

skeog

Time for hibernation a ball may not be kicked for a considerable amount of time.Staying safe the priority for us all over the while and look out for our neighbours etc.

OurKid

Last time GAA matches postponed must have been the foot and mouth outbreak in the early 2000s?MacRory cup was shared that year I recall? F**k I was raging those st michaels clampets went on to play in the hogan.Hopefully doesn't last long all the same.

Localexpert

Can any of the clonoe posters tell me if stevie mcdoll$r got his money upfront from clonoe or is he still taking small group sessions to get some cash?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Localexpert on March 15, 2020, 03:12:12 PM
Can any of the clonoe posters tell me if stevie mcdoll$r got his money upfront from clonoe or is he still taking small group sessions to get some cash?
I'll tell you what, I'll contact John McKeever and Conleth Gilligan and ask them how they think Coalisland would have dealt with them in this situation. They'll help us with our final decision, and we'll get back to you asap

Localexpert

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on March 15, 2020, 04:07:39 PM
I'll tell you what, I'll contact John McKeever and Conleth Gilligan and ask them how they think Coalisland would have dealt with them in this situation. They'll help us with our final decision, and we'll get back to you asap

So you're not going to answer my question then  ::)

Club boi

Quote from: Localexpert on March 15, 2020, 04:57:45 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on March 15, 2020, 04:07:39 PM

So you're not going to answer my question then  ::)

Ye have to laugh at Coalisland folk obsessed with Clonoe managers, acting all innocent as if they have never paid anyone before and never will in the future again. Sure what ever floats your boat to get a rile outa people among all your toilet roll in Isolation

WT4E

Looks like the current situation is going to go on for a while - was interested to hear what the options would be this year?

No League - Just Championship?
League played on a weekly basis double weekend rounds mid summer and no starred games?

GlenMan

Quote from: WT4E on March 19, 2020, 10:47:31 AM
Looks like the current situation is going to go on for a while - was interested to hear what the options would be this year?

No League - Just Championship?
League played on a weekly basis double weekend rounds mid summer and no starred games?

Under 21 and perhaps Reserve Championship will have to be scrapped to free up time in the Calendar. Other competitions will no doubt be cancelled/reduced as well.

League would have to be completed if they were to go ahead with plans to introduce four divisions next season.

WT4E

Could we see a Rugby style approach? Club and county be playing same weekend and clubs are without there county player or at least the county regulars.

Be tough on some clubs like Galbally and Pomeroy but I can't really see anyone being able to oppose whatever comes as these are unprecedented times.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: WT4E on March 19, 2020, 11:54:24 AM
Could we see a Rugby style approach? Club and county be playing same weekend and clubs are without there county player or at least the county regulars.

Be tough on some clubs like Galbally and Pomeroy but I can't really see anyone being able to oppose whatever comes as these are unprecedented times.
Could we see the league played out in the old style Frank O'Neill League cup formats? Would cut the amount of games to be played in half.
Groups of 4 (play each team once or home and away depending on when it starts up again) then quarter final, semi final and final.
Then championship after this?

GetOverTheBar

I think you would be hard to get an argument about that format right now from anyone. We would all take it, if it was iron clad certainty.

Taylor

I genuinely dont think there will be anything played this year from a club perspective.

The cash cow that is the county game will take priority over anything IF this bastard subsides over the next 6 months

Onthe40

tend to agree, if anything only a championship without relegation and promotion...
underage will be biggest hit... lads with no football could drop off..
its the knock on effect for clubs having a year of no activity, fund raising..the lifeblood of the community etc

will affiliation fees be wavered?

Jimbop

If left with a choice of playing no league games or playing them alongside county games surely club players would prefer to play. Even if it means finishing in a lower league position than usual. Only playing championship isnt an option. What would be the point training for potentially only 1 game. Play away...once this is over.