Pubs to watch games in San Francisco?

Started by DickyRock, May 28, 2012, 10:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DickyRock

Over this weekend for two weeks and looking to watch the Tyrone v Armagh match on the 10th. Anyone know of any good bars that will be showing the match?

Eamonnca1

Been a while since I watched a game in a pub in SF but I when I did I always went to the Kezar.

AZOffaly

Is that the one opposite Kezar stadium? I played football up there, the same pitch as the famous 49ers used to play in years ago. That bar across teh road was mental. I watched games in Foley's Irish house on Union Square as well. Nice spot.

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 29, 2012, 12:27:30 PM
Is that the one opposite Kezar stadium? I played football up there, the same pitch as the famous 49ers used to play in years ago. That bar across teh road was mental. I watched games in Foley's Irish house on Union Square as well. Nice spot.

Yeah thats the one - used to play there myself - the Kezar was some spot on a Sunday after the games. Is Irelands 32 still going on Geary? I used to go there to watch the games - often after an all nighter! Good times!  :D
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

I only visited San Fran, never played with a club up there, so my experience of the pubs is blurry visits and weekends. I do remember madness in Fiddlers Green down on the Wharf though.

Walter Cronc

Try the Irish Times bar. Was in it last year for the N.A.C.B finals. Great spot and barman is a sound fella from Galway!!

Eamonnca1

That's the one.  Used to play hurling in Kezar myself; used to be deadly crack in the pub afterwards when all the teams would mingle.

DickyRock

Cheers lads. Staying in Nikko on O'Farrell street so will try Foleys first as she'll be handy.

Wil use this weekend to scout out the others too.  ;D

angermanagement

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 29, 2012, 12:30:26 PM

Yeah thats the one - used to play there myself - the Kezar was some spot on a Sunday after the games. Is Irelands 32 still going on Geary? I used to go there to watch the games - often after an all nighter! Good times!  :D

Irelands 32 still going strong more of a younger crowd now I believe. There was many a man done the all nighters and still had the stamina to do the Blarney Stone on the Sunday night. Oh to be 21 again

Orior

Would you be trying to watch it live in San Fran?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Puckoon

Check out Foleys alright, great spot if a bit pricey. You'd want to call ahead or pop in a day or two before and make sure they are open for the games. I'm not sure they open for breakfast any more. If they aren't open I imagine the Irish Bank (just a block or two off O'Farrell) should be able to sort you out, if I recall correctly.

Irelands 32 is an awful kip of a spot. Drank a jar right and quick and moved on sharply a few months back when I dandered into it.