Roscommon v Armagh

Started by illdecide, July 02, 2018, 10:06:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on July 19, 2018, 03:30:56 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on July 19, 2018, 03:28:53 PM
Club delegates have to tow the line or CB will just get revenge ,it's a balls of a system . Like most "democratic" systems they are not democratic.

Thanks for that Larry. Good to see you.

I just don't get what club delegates do except for turning up for CB meeetings and then get told what way it's going to go.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Tim’s Hero

Spot on analysis Larry , lack of debate at CB meeting in no way can be taken as support . The default position of Armagh CB historically is to keep the incumbent in position even if there no widespread support for them and the dogs in the street know the team is underperforming , this is at all levels.

Lazy leadership , saves a lot of hassle looking for a replacement.

Tim’s Hero

Succession plan is being put in place very similar to last one , Tony Mac to come in for a year with McGeeney to appease the Cross playing contingent and McGeeney detractors ,with McGeeney and co.departing at the end of 2019 regardless of results. McEntee then gets five year deal

Could be all speculation but you heard it here first , word from the West is that McEntee already gone from Mayo.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 08:33:27 PM
Spot on analysis Larry , lack of debate at CB meeting in no way can be taken as support . The default position of Armagh CB historically is to keep the incumbent in position even if there no widespread support for them and the dogs in the street know the team is underperforming , this is at all levels. Lazy leadership , saves a lot of hassle looking for a replacement.

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 09:31:00 PM
Succession plan is being put in place very similar to last one , Tony Mac to come in for a year with McGeeney to appease the Cross playing contingent and McGeeney detractors ,with McGeeney and co.departing at the end of 2019 regardless of results. McEntee then gets five year deal

Could be all speculation but you heard it here first , word from the West is that McEntee already gone from Mayo.

Just curious as to whether or not you see any sort of contradiction in your last two posts? I might go to the "dogs in the street" to see what they think! 

Tim’s Hero

To be honest Rufus I think the succession plan is only a rumour ,someone putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 , that kind of forward planning is way beyond the CB abilities imo.

But hey Rufus you keep sniping away there , analyse everybody else's posts and pass judgement on them without ever having an original thought of you own.

illdecide

Tim you're that blinded by your hatred for KmcG's managerial position that you'd give the job to anyone but him, I can agree that at times we have been naive in certain games and sometimes our tactics have not been ideal but no-one is perfect and as long as we learn from them and move on then great. We are a small County and traditionally have been mediocre for majority of our existence but for the noughties where we clicked on a really exceptional bunch of footballers at the one time and now people are getting carried away with themselves from that era and expect us to be competing for All Irelands every year...smell the bacon saan.
What makes Armagh as a County better than the other 31 Counties or the right to be better than the other 31? Tony MAC may well get his chance some day but i don't believe he'd do much better than what KMcG is doing, he may well get a few more Cross men on board but for me at this moment in time won't strengthen us much more than what we're currently at.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 20, 2018, 09:00:52 AM
To be honest Rufus I think the succession plan is only a rumour ,someone putting 2 + 2 together and getting 5 , that kind of forward planning is way beyond the CB abilities imo.

But hey Rufus you keep sniping away there , analyse everybody else's posts and pass judgement on them without ever having an original thought of you own.

Your thinking appears to be all over the place here Tim, as you put forward two posts last night, the second of which appeared to be at odds with the first, and now you have rowed back on that second post.

Whilst I would disagree that there is widespread opinion out there that McGeeney should go, nevertheless your line of argument and thinking - if indeed there is thinking - has little in the way of the originality that you accuse me of lacking. There are those who want Geezer to go, and they tend to be quite vocal on internet sites such as this - they tend to be less vocal though where it counts, and simply apportion blame on Geezer for players that are missing and have a misplaced view of the reality of Armagh's place in the Gaelic football world.

A lot of my responses to your posts are to ask questions which I hope will get you to think in more detail about the issue rather than repeating the  "McGeeney Out" mantra, ad nauseum.  If you're finding that too much of a challenge, just shout and I'll leave you well alone with the megaphone.

Tim’s Hero

Rufus you really cannot fathom that someone would have an opinion that differs to your own , but please try to keep up , your habit of selectively rubbishing a point from the previous post while ignoring the substantive issue is becoming boring.

I will go over it again for those somewhat challenged that they cannot get their head around the idea, Armagh do not have to be mediocre !!! For decades they have wasted the playing resources of the county by having no strategic planning on how to utilise great support base , good financial backers ,good players and good facilities. This pattern is broken once every 12 years or so when an individual or two decide to break the cycle and short term structures are put in place to allow progress , as soon as the individuals leave its back to square one .

My thoughts are that Armagh now have an ideal opportunity to put the planning in place to position all the county teams in a competive place for the next decade , what has gone on for the previous 10 years is not fit for purpose!!

Who fills to roles within the plan is another debate entirely.

Would you be able to handle that much change Rufus ?? Get off your knees !!!

Owen Brannigan

People telling Tim that they won't go and watch Armagh?

Anyone considered that it could be the horrendous increase in costs of travel, food and most of all entry to the games while seeing no increase in their incomes in real terms is a major factor.

Captain Obvious

Time for illdecide to lock this thread. Game over almost two weeks ago now.

seafoid

I can't understand how any Armagh fan would support Geezer continuing. Galway hurlers had a lot of poor managers over the last 29 years, drawing fans through the wringer again and again but none of them got 4 years plus on the back of such mediocrity. The  problem with serial managerial incompetence is what it does to the spirit of the players.  Armagh should be at the level of Roscommon at the very least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47w3PLgybEA
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

CornUladh02

Quote from: Tim's Hero on July 19, 2018, 09:31:00 PM

A mcentee geezer partnership won't work whatsoever even if it is for a year. Mcentee heavily linked with other intercounty jobs in ulster for 2019 but he may wait until the Armagh post becomes vacant again.

Orchard park

Is it based on mcentees results with Cross or his money grabbing years travelling to Dublin and Mayo tgst he is deemed the saviour

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on July 20, 2018, 06:42:45 PM
I can't understand how any Armagh fan would support Geezer continuing. Galway hurlers had a lot of poor managers over the last 29 years, drawing fans through the wringer again and again but none of them got 4 years plus on the back of such mediocrity. The  problem with serial managerial incompetence is what it does to the spirit of the players.  Armagh should be at the level of Roscommon at the very least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47w3PLgybEA

The players spirits seem to be fine