Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuperDee

Sorry Ziggy. Did not mean to offend regarding Greencastle. Just jealously since we are finished up for a few weeks. Congratulations and well done. When is the next round? Is there a break now until after Christmas. Oh an by the way I had asked about managers and movement for next year. I dont suppose there is much chance of getting Sean Teague. Only joking!!!!!!!!

ziggysego

Don't worry about it DuperDee, I was in a grumpy mood that day and you just happened to be in the firing line!

As for getting Sean.... no chance, we're holding onto him! :P
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ClosetotheHarte

Heartiest congratulations to Greencastle. So delighted for Sean and everybody else associated with the club. What a first season in management!

ziggysego

Pictures of Greencastle's victory over Noamh Brid (Donegal) in yesterday's Ulster Junior Championship Final at Casement Park are now available to view on Greencastle's website. Almost 100 pictures to see!
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

I see the County board have handed down suspensions of  between 32 weeks and 48 weeks to those involved in the 'fighting' at the Errigal/ Coalisland U21 final and the div 2 game between Urney and Augher.

4*Coalisland
4*Errigal
3*Augher
0*Urney.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

WeeDonns

3*Augher
0*Urney.

I'm sure there'll be a few things said about this! I wasn't at this game, but from what i heard, it was Urney players that started it??
Maybe that was just a biased opinion i got, but how do they get away with having absolutely no players suspended? surely it wasnt just Augher players involved?

Considering the reports of dirty play in a number of Urney's home games before this match (e.g. players being dismissed, and then returning to the field to strike the opposition) surely the County Board would have noticed the pattern and come down a little harder on them to try and discourage this sort of thing?

EC Unique

Anyone know the names of who was suspended ???

giveherlong

FROM HOGASTAND:

The Ulster intermediate football club championship is unlikely to be completed in the calendar year as a result of the fall out from incidents at the end of the Stewartstown v Ballymacnab quarter final.

The Ulster Council set up an official investigation into those incidents and the special committee has now completed its deliberations and reported back to the Activities Committee of the Council.

The next stage is that named Individuals and both clubs will be summoned to a disciplinary hearing which will be convened within the next two weeks, where stiff penalties may be handed out. No decision has been made as to whether that drawn quarter final will be replayed or not. That decision will be made when the disciplinary process is completed.

There is still some time though to sort those matters out as the Ulster champions are not in All Ireland action until February 18th 2007.

King Chancer

what are the team talk teams for people in this board.  8) hard to know who is goin to get them but here is my team.

big oz - carrickmore
fabian oneill -  dromore
cathal mccarron - dromore
cormac mcginley -errigal ciaran
ciaran mcaleer - carrickmore
paul quinn - errigal ciaran
davey harte - errigal ciaran
gaby mccallan - carrickmore
philip toner - coalisland
ronan mcnally - carrickmore
enda clarke - greencastle
enda mcginley - errigal ciaran
niall mcginn - donaghmore
peter canavan - errigal ciaran
peter armour - stewartstown

tieroan

There seems to be a very high Carrickmore representation on that team. Big Oz and Ronan McNally will be lucky to recieve awards. McCallan and McAleer perhaps desrve but what about McGarrity. Are him and Quinn up against other directly? Armour? I have seen Tintown on a number of occasion this year and to me he looks one paced. Cormac McGinley would be an automatic at full back in my opinion. His handling of Gerard Toner in the semi final was out of this world. I also dont think that Enda Clarke played centre forward all year for Greencastle.
These awards are typically biased towards the glamour clubs so Carrickmore and Errigal probably will share the majority of the awards with a tocken junior or intermediate player through in.
1. John Devine
2, Ciaran McAleer
3. Cormac McGinley
4. Davy Harte
5. Conor Bayne
6. Ronan McGarrity
7. Paul Quinn
8. Enda McGinley
9. Gaby McCallan
10. Eoin McCusker
11. Phillip Toner
12. Kevin Corey
13. Peter Canavan
14.big lad from Greencastle
15.Gareth Devlin

supersarsfields

Would switch Peter Armour with Gareth Devlin anyway King Chancer.

ONeill

Only when the All-Ireland is won will the Greencastle folk even talk about football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

King Chancer

i have picked my team on the clubs that progressed which is the way they be picked. no disrespect. errigal have post then carrickmore. off course mcginley is 1st choice full back. I do find it rather strange that you have placed the two best wing half backs in the county in corner back. paul quinn has been phenomal but i see mcgarrity is in there before him. conor bayne is not nominated and im sorry for my earlier post with armour in it. he is also not shortlisted i meant gareth devlin. enda clarke played midfield on sunday for the castle but i feel the two positions are filled in mccallan and toner as mcginley played in the forwards for errigal all year with an odd positional switch to midfield.

ziggysego

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on December 06, 2006, 07:03:08 PM
Was up in Greencastle today and you would never think that just three days ago they won an Ulster Championship. No bunting, no flags, not even anything at their grounds!

Ziggy, what is up?

I wish I knew Fionntamhnach. It's terrible!
Testing Accessibility