The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

The nature of what you are discussing, could be termed 'dirty laundry'. Talking about it here could be considered to be putting that dirty laundry out in public.

Why would someone, purporting to be a Harps' man, who is a current member, be wiling to do that? Something like that can only put the Club in a negative light, would you not agree?

Would you be prepared to put your name up here on the forum against what you are saying, your real name that is, and not your psyeudonym? Then we can see that you really do have the courage of your convictions. Of course I couldn't ask you to do that and not be prepared to do the same myself - so let me go first.

Art McGinn.

Harps true

The nature of what you termed "dirty linen" are in the public, that's were I picked it up from Harps people, some members some not but opinions that have to be respected.

Totally agree with you about negative discussion, not good for club. But every club/ organization has it. What annoys me most is the tone and nastiness of some reporting to be club members. Would you agree?

As this is a discussion thread and thanks for revealing the biggest secret as to whom you are on this site, I'll follow when all poster's before me reveal there identity. Don't think this a good idea as there has being a lot of disturbing posts in the past, long long before I came along and my first post was not meant to offend. Agree?

el_cuervo_fc

He's obviously not from the Harps.  No self respecting member of a club would act in that way.  There is no chance that he'll out himself on here either. Most of the posters on here are known to each other, with the obvious exception of the few Wum's who act the hard man on here but hide behind their shroud of anonymity.   

rootthemout

good luck to b team and management tomorrow.

Rufus T Firefly

Well, I'm shocked that you choose to remain anonymous!!   ::)

Quote from: Harps true on November 12, 2010, 10:39:04 PM
The nature of what you termed "dirty linen" are in the public, that's were I picked it up from Harps people, some members some not but opinions that have to be respected.

Totally agree with you about negative discussion, not good for club. But every club/ organization has it. What annoys me most is the tone and nastiness of some reporting to be club members. Would you agree?

The tone that I picked up from you was that of someone looking to stir the sh!t. Have a look through this thread and there has been nothing of controversy in some considerable time - you chose to register in the shadow of an AGM and then referred to controversial details of that evening.

You also acknowldeged that what was being discussed that night, and what you raised here, was 'dirty laundry', and also said that 'negative discussion' was not good for the club. Add that all together now - you are parading dirty laundry here, which by it's very nature is negative in content, which in turn is 'not good for club' [sic].

And then you ask above if I agree with your notion that you are annoyed by the tone and nastiness of what is being discussed?

You're having a laugh mate!!

El cuervo fc - may be member of fierce local rivals, but understands exactly proper protocols in this regard - respect! 

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: rootthemout on November 12, 2010, 10:54:28 PM
good luck to b team and management tomorrow.

Hear hear. All the best to Egg and the lads. Will be a tough ask going down to Dromintee, but would be a great way to finish the season if we could sneak a win.

Harps true

You make me really have a good laugh!!! Way past my bed time. :-\ and not coming back you will be glad to hear as it "just gets funnier by the minute" :) sleep tight all.

Harps true

One more post. Just won the f..kin euro millions :D :D :D

Frank Booth

Typical. Join this site mainly for Harps discussion and then miss the crack the other night. First of all, life long Harps man. Not at home but keep in touch and get home at least once a year. Keep updated on all things Harps and I'd be sure I know all participants here.
Not surprising to see that the old Harps trait for shooting ourselves in the foot is still alive and well. Always disappointing never suprising. Never seems to happen at other clubs. Given Harps trues comments, it's not surprising to see his wish to remain unknown. However he has left any amount of clues as to his ID. I'm well sure that I know him, and as a member of what I would call a great Harps family, his contributions here are shameful. Rufus. You would do well to follow your own advice and ignore him as he does not care as much for the reputsation of the club as the rest of us.

Harps true

This reminds me of that sensational song "johnny be good" ;) well done on sat lads, there always next year :) good choice for man of match award, well done young Fields ::)

hound of ulster

Having read your posts , Im also reminded of a song" Simple Simon Says",   ;)

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: hound of ulster on November 19, 2010, 07:38:06 PM
Having read your posts , Im also reminded of a song" Simple Simon Says",   ;)

I wouldn't hide behind any user name unlike most of the wankers on this board......

put up or f**k off.....

my name is Simon Clarke....never hid from anyone...not going to start now...so lets see how brave all you other fucks are.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Hedley Lamarr

Right hound, frank and harps true....own up or f**k off!!
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

rootthemout

rufus should close this thread,to many wum on it.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: rootthemout on November 19, 2010, 11:39:40 PM
rufus should close this thread,to many wum on it.

Too many yellow f**kers hiding behind keyboards.