Down versus Mayo

Started by SamFever, June 10, 2019, 10:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 11, 2019, 09:01:30 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on June 11, 2019, 08:38:03 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 11, 2019, 07:45:02 PM
Munster final on June 22nd also. Throw in time not confirmed yet for that game and will be live on RTE. Could be 5pm then one of the 7pm round 2 ties will be live on SKY, this game or the Monaghan v Armagh one.

Munster Final 22 June in Páirc Uí Chaoimh:  Minor final 4:30pm, Senior final 7pm...both games Cork v Kerry

GAA.ie need to update their website so.

Munster GAA run the fixtures, not Croke Park.

Take a look here for the fixture:

https://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/senior/

kerryforsam19

Quote from: fearsiuil on June 11, 2019, 10:42:18 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2019, 11:25:30 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 10, 2019, 11:04:15 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 10, 2019, 11:02:51 PM
Don't really care about this.

You're always in with a shout, Down's home form is nothing to write home about  ;D

We could both pretend this is a turning point in our season and who ever wins will be serious All Ireland contenders.
You are the single most joyless individualon on this board.

Personally looking forward to how the team takes shape and responds to the Ross loss. Will enjoy the journey for what it is and where it takes us however short or long.

Another "divisive and mean spirited" comment!

highorlow

I see Newry train station is a handy 50 minute walk from the field. WTF?  - are there shuttle buses into the City Centre?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

OgraAnDun

Quote from: highorlow on June 12, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
I see Newry train station is a handy 50 minute walk from the field. WTF?  - are there shuttle buses into the City Centre?

Thanks to the Brits building train stations on the outside of towns so their troops could organise at the train station without being ambushed in a town centre.

There's a shuttle bus to the bus depot. You can walk (10-15 mins) from there or get another bus.

Farrandeelin

Is the canal court hotel near the ground?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

under the bar

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 12, 2019, 12:56:35 PM

Yes. Just a 40 min walk!

johnnycool

Quote from: under the bar on June 12, 2019, 12:58:19 PM

Yes. Just a 40 min walk!

40 minutes?

I'd have thought it was much shorter than that unless you've a feed of drink in you.

Rossfan

The Rhubarbs will lose some flab getting to this match :D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

LOL-like the time in Limerick the "shuttle busses" dropping people off a mile from the stadium and then nowhere to be found after the game

Redhand Santa

Quote from: johnnycool on June 12, 2019, 01:17:15 PM
Quote from: under the bar on June 12, 2019, 12:58:19 PM

Yes. Just a 40 min walk!

40 minutes?

I'd have thought it was much shorter than that unless you've a feed of drink in you.

I've done it a few times before and would have thought from memory it was more like 15/20 minutes.

highorlow

QuoteThere's a shuttle bus to the bus depot. You can walk (10-15 mins) from there or get another bus.

Thanks, just in case, is there by any chance a Newry Bikes scheme?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Lazer

Quote from: highorlow on June 12, 2019, 02:29:05 PM
QuoteThere's a shuttle bus to the bus depot. You can walk (10-15 mins) from there or get another bus.

Thanks, just in case, is there by any chance a Newry Bikes scheme?

It's 1.2miles - so about 20 min walk

Down are in the final of the Christy Ring cup at 2pm in Croke Park - could be the reason for the 7pm game in Newry?
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

meatsy86

For then Armagh match in the Ulster Championship at Pairc Esler there were shuttle buses running from the train station to the ground and also from the Quays/Buttercrane car parks to the match. I'm sure with the crowd expected they will be running something similar.

armaghniac

Quote from: highorlow on June 12, 2019, 11:53:13 AM

This used to be called Bessbrook station, a touch of the Ryanair there.
The real Newry station closed in 1965.
In any case the walk would be downhill on the way in, it is coming back you need the bus.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

Anyone travelling by public transport from Dublin is as well get the coach as far as I can make out unless you're staying the night .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .