80 million pound player gets knocked out of champions league.

Started by Capt Pat, March 11, 2010, 12:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Pat

You know who I mean. Mr Greasy from Madeira. Bringing a great club down with his overratednes not greatness. They have 2 of the worlds 4 best players, Messi, Ronaldinho, being the best 2 Kaka and Ronaldo like to pretend that they are. Look at how good Man Utd were tonight with a proper footballer Rooney leading the way. Ronaldo held them back.

Minder

The same Ronaldo is averaging almost a goal a game for Madrid the last I looked. United fans must really be glad to see the back of Ronaldo after the poor few years they had when he was there.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

full back

Quote from: Capt Pat on March 11, 2010, 12:15:10 AM
You know who I mean. Mr Greasy from Madeira. Bringing a great club down with his overratednes not greatness. They have 2 of the worlds 4 best players, Messi, Ronaldinho, being the best 2 Kaka and Ronaldo like to pretend that they are. Look at how good Man Utd were tonight with a proper footballer Rooney leading the way. Ronaldo held them back.

Is this the biggest load of sh1te ever posted on the board??

Ronaldhino - one of the worlds 4 best players :D :D
Ronaldo bringing a great club down :D
Ronaldo held Utd back :D

I hope the fcuk this is a WUM

RealSpiritof98

Capt is obviously on the wind up, but it still has to be up there in the category for most useless posts of the year, Ronaldo was simple awesome for United, and even though he has had the pressure of the 80million price tag and struggled with a few injuries he has banged them in for Madrid as well.

PS, i have a funny feeling we could see Ronaldo in a Red shirt within the next 5 years,

Hardy

Greasy? If this appeared in a British tabloid we'd be hearing all about it.

Billys Boots

The important part of the story is that the French League is now producing decent sides capable of competing with those in the English and Spanish Leagues - Lyon aren't even the best side in France.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebigfella

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 11, 2010, 09:07:24 AM
The important part of the story is that the French League is now producing decent sides capable of competing with those in the English and Spanish Leagues - Lyon aren't even the best side in France.

Hmmmmm big statement there, they were very lucky in the first half to not be more than 1 down and they rode their luck in the first leg. Leeds beat Man Utd in the FA cup but no one would say they are capable of competing with the Premier League clubs consistently.

As for the initial post by Capt Pat. I cannot be even bothered to bite or personally abuse him over clearly a wind up. Where did the top 2 player Ronaldinho go last night though  :D

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: thebigfella on March 11, 2010, 09:21:49 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 11, 2010, 09:07:24 AM

Hmmmmm big statement there, they were very lucky in the first half to not be more than 1 down and they rode their luck in the first leg. Leeds beat Man Utd in the FA cup but no one would say they are capable of competing with the Premier League clubs consistently.

As for the initial post by Capt Pat. I cannot be even bothered to bite or personally abuse him over clearly a wind up. Where did the top 2 player Ronaldinho go last night though  :D

Initial reports from Greater Manchester police is that Darren Fletcher has been arrested, he was seen leaving old trafford with a huge bulge in his ass pocket.

ross4life

Can't see why Ronny would get the blame for this?

watching back the highlights Higuain  was the Reason why Madrid didn't get through

Sure Madrid have spent loads of Cash on a new team but Lyon spent a fair bit themselves

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Billys Boots

QuoteHmmmmm big statement there, they were very lucky in the first half to not be more than 1 down and they rode their luck in the first leg. Leeds beat Man Utd in the FA cup but no one would say they are capable of competing with the Premier League clubs consistently.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's no quick fix (as Real Madrid seem to think) to making a successful club - Lyon have been steadily building that club up for the last 10-15 years; they're spending money now, as they've acquired it through spending 10 years as a feeder club, developing talent and selling it quickly.  Now (in the last year or two) the French League seems to be able to keep its talent.  The other factor, in my view, is the amount of time and effort that has been put into the game's development at grass roots in France, over many, many years - they now seem to think that their clubs can do the business, and players appear to be staying in France, rather than 'moving' to the bigger leagues for success.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AFS

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 11, 2010, 09:51:39 AM
QuoteHmmmmm big statement there, they were very lucky in the first half to not be more than 1 down and they rode their luck in the first leg. Leeds beat Man Utd in the FA cup but no one would say they are capable of competing with the Premier League clubs consistently.

The point I'm trying to make is that there's no quick fix (as Real Madrid seem to think) to making a successful club - Lyon have been steadily building that club up for the last 10-15 years; they're spending money now, as they've acquired it through spending 10 years as a feeder club, developing talent and selling it quickly.  Now (in the last year or two) the French League seems to be able to keep its talent.  The other factor, in my view, is the amount of time and effort that has been put into the game's development at grass roots in France, over many, many years - they now seem to think that their clubs can do the business, and players appear to be staying in France, rather than 'moving' to the bigger leagues for success.

Benzema?

bingobus

Xavi Alonso was the key buy they made and he was missing last night.

thebigfella

bingobus

Quote from: thebigfella on March 11, 2010, 11:58:22 AM
Quote from: bingobus on March 11, 2010, 11:30:35 AM
Xavi Alonso was the key buy they made and he was missing last night.

Seriously  :D

I thought it was in keeping with the general tone of the thread  ;)  ;D

Shrewdness

You often hear about small teams being worth more than the sum of their parts, but surely Madrid as a team are worth less than the sum of their parts.