The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on February 06, 2018, 12:54:34 AM
This forum is very lucky to have pro-Trump posters who educate everybody with articles from such reputable sources as The Daily Jot and the American Mirror.

Theyre about as credible as CNN or the NY Times

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on February 06, 2018, 12:57:09 AM
This forum is very lucky to have pro-Trump posters who educate everybody with articles from such reputable sources as The Daily Jot and the American Mirror.

Sure they are. I'm sure they're "centrist", or something, eh.

Keep it up, as you like to say yourself.

In the meantime, here's an article with actual research about how Republicans are using bots to distort the news landscape for their own ends.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/04/trump-twitter-russians-release-the-memo-216935

whitey

Quote from: sid waddell on February 06, 2018, 01:04:40 AM

In the meantime, here's an article with actual research about how Republicans are using bots to distort the news landscape for their own ends.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/02/04/trump-twitter-russians-release-the-memo-216935

Who cares.....whatever it takes to defeat the DNC and the Clintons is just fine with me

Harry Reid accused Mitt Romney from the floor of the senate of not having paid taxes for over a decade......do you remember what Harry he said when it was pointed out to him that it was all a lie?   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/15/harry-reid-lied-about-mitt-romneys-taxes-hes-still-not-sorry/?utm_term=.b8c9ab6bcc92

Gabriel_Hurl

Did you hit your head recently?

heganboy

Stew and whitey. Need to do better lads, That was poor
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

seafoid

Trump.is the master of distraction

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy-and-politics/2018/2/5/16966726/trump-show

"Like many American political journalists, I spent much of last week entranced by the drama surrounding Devin Nunes's memo about the origins of court-ordered surveillance of Carter Page. Then when the memo's text was finally revealed, I found myself surprised by what a pile of risible nonsense it was. And then I found myself moderately surprised that I'd been surprised about this — somehow suckered into believing for a minute that there was a shred of merit to this dog-and-pony show.

Meanwhile, Friday evening I got around to reading the Wall Street Journal's exhaustive review of FBI agent Peter Strzok's text message exchanges with government lawyer Lisa Page, which concluded there was no anti-Trump bias or conspiracy there after all.

When I caught up on the rest of my tabs from the week I noticed something else. There were a bunch of articles published recently about things happening in American politics that are making a real difference in actual people's lives. Stories that haven't attracted nearly as much discussion as the GOP's bad-faith pushback on Robert Mueller and the counter-pushback from Democrats, but that have the virtue of not being total nonsense. Stories that, frankly, paint a frightening picture of the direction in which the country is heading."

But a huge number of stories about things that have a real, concrete impact on people's lives came to light.

Ben Penn reported that Labor Department political appointees spiked an internal economic analysis of a new rule governing the handling of tips received by millions of workers in the food service industry. If the suppressed report is correct, the rule the Trump administration is promulgating could cost workers billions of dollars in lost income.The Centers for Disease Control reported that flu hospitalizations in the United States are taking place at a record pace, while Vox's own Sarah Kliff reported on how Congress's defunding of Community Health Centers is creating a crisis of health care access for 26 million Americans.In separate CDC news, Lena Sun of the Washington Post reported that CDC efforts to halt new outbreaks of exotic infectious diseases abroad are headed for an 80 percent cut.Kriston Capps reported for CityLab that the Department of Housing and Urban Development is considering new work requirements for recipients of public housing assistance, measures that would impose hardship on some of the most deprived people in the country.Separately, Rachel Cohen and Zaid Jilani of the Intercept reported on HUD consideration of proposals to raise rents for public housing users.Yet another HUD story has reporters from both the Washington Post and CNN uncovering considerable evidence that HUD Secretary Ben Carson's son, who does not work at HUD, is nonetheless intimately involved in HUD business mostly in ways designed to benefit himself personally.Mick Mulvaney, who is still serving as acting director of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau while Trump fails to nominate anyone at all to fill the job on a permanent basis, stripped the CFPB's fair lending office of enforcement powers.Alan Rappeport of the New York Times reported that not only has the payday lending industry won a number of regulatory favors from the Trump administration, they'll be repaying the president personally by holding their annual retreat at the Trump Doral Golf Club.We had two significant train derailments, even as Trump revealed his infrastructure "plan" to be essentially a giant magic asterisk.

seafoid

The NYT like the other newspapers is regulated. It cannot print any old  shite . Facebook.is not regulated. It makes a lot of money because of this.
And the GOP allied with Russia. FFS.
The biggest issue is the death of the GOP. .There is no party for Conservatives.

Hardy

It's terrifying that you and people like you actually believe this. And have votes.

Hardy

Quote from: whitey on February 06, 2018, 01:30:10 AM

Who cares.....whatever it takes to defeat the DNC and the Clintons is just fine with me

Harry Reid accused Mitt Romney from the floor of the senate of not having paid taxes for over a decade......do you remember what Harry he said when it was pointed out to him that it was all a lie?   

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/15/harry-reid-lied-about-mitt-romneys-taxes-hes-still-not-sorry/?utm_term=.b8c9ab6bcc92

Equally terrifying.

whitey

Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2018, 07:33:54 AM

The NYT like the other newspapers is regulated. It cannot print any old  shite . Facebook.is not regulated. It makes a lot of money because of this.
And the GOP allied with Russia. FFS.
The biggest issue is the death of the GOP. .There is no party for Conservatives.

Generic ballot had tightened considerably and Republicans have a pretty significant money advantage going into November........this is far from a foregone conclusion that they are going to get hammered in the Mid Terms.   

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/372101-gop-growing-optimistic-about-midterm-chances

seafoid

Quote from: screenexile on February 05, 2018, 10:41:33 PM
But stew's 401k has never been better and it was all down to Trump??

I'm confused!! :o
Stew's 401k has lost momentum just like Armagh in the Fermanagh match in 2004.

Share prices never fall. Fermanagh never beat Armagh.

stew

Quote from: seafoid on February 06, 2018, 10:05:36 AM

Has it f**k!

It all depends on what you invest in. )
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

sid waddell

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 10:59:13 AM

Has it f**k!

Fake news websites?  ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/06/sharing-fake-news-us-rightwing-study-trump-university-of-oxford

Low-quality, extremist, sensationalist and conspiratorial news published in the US was overwhelmingly consumed and shared by rightwing social network users, according to new study from the University of Oxford.

stew

Quote from: sid waddell on February 06, 2018, 11:18:37 AM

Has it f**k!

Fake news websites?  ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2018/feb/06/sharing-fake-news-us-rightwing-study-trump-university-of-oxford

Low-quality, extremist, sensationalist and conspiratorial news published in the US was overwhelmingly consumed and shared by rightwing social network users, according to new study from the University of Oxford.

Thats bullshit, utter bullshit, the left control the vast majority of the US Media, I dont buy that for one minute!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Hardy

Quote from: stew on February 06, 2018, 12:06:05 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 06, 2018, 11:18:37 AM

Has it f**k!

Fake news websites?  ;D

Thats bullshit, utter bullshit, the left control the vast majority of the US Media, I dont buy that for one minute!

QED