Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: otbar on October 12, 2018, 12:04:18 PM
Fair play to creggan???? They have spent 250k in past 12 years on managers for seniors lol. Bound to hit a bit of success with one. Biggest spending club in Antrim. Which they are fully entiltled to do but don't come this story of senior players giving back when a number have went to other clubs to manage for money.

Like who? The only one I can think of his Adrian Dougan.

Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 08:58:44 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 08:39:07 AM
Quote from: farset on October 11, 2018, 10:28:49 PM
I take it you South West hillbillies will be wanting this fixture v Tyrone or Derry played in Ahoghill 😂

As long as it aint in Belfast I dont mind. Will save the car from getting broke into.

Bullshit

Sorry should have added 'if I dont throw somebody a few quid to mind it'.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 11, 2018, 09:59:54 PM
The good news is we have a home draw in Ulster this year but:

Antrim v Tyrone/Derry

Home draw?, you haven't a ground to take the crowd. It will be moved to a neutral venue due to the support Tyrone will carry for them, no facilities for a game of this level.

BigBallWeeBall

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 12, 2018, 12:50:46 PM
Fair play to creggan???? They have spent 250k in past 12 years on managers for seniors lol. Bound to hit a bit of success with one. Biggest spending club in Antrim. Which they are fully entiltled to do but don't come this story of senior players giving back when a number have went to other clubs to manage for money.

What's the salary these days for a club manager. Admire LD for not paying their own guys on principle

NAG1

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on October 12, 2018, 01:37:23 PM

What's the salary these days for a club manager. Admire LD for not paying their own guys on principle

If you have to admire a club for this then we are all up the creek.

Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 12, 2018, 01:31:54 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 12:53:22 PM
I take it you South West hillbillies will be wanting this fixture v Tyrone or Derry played in Ahoghill 😂

As long as it aint in Belfast I dont mind. Will save the car from getting broke into.

Bullshit

As much as you'd love that to be true because it would help you with your stereotyping, that has never happened around Corrigan and 'paying someone to look after your car' is not a thing. You are no better than the people around Corrigan despite what you might believe.

You, my friend, are a ballbag.

Lol you are some humpy bollox. Happy enough to throw a bit of slagging but cant take it back. Ok Im a ballbag lol.

The Gs Man

Bullshit

As much as you'd love that to be true because it would help you with your stereotyping, that has never happened around Corrigan and 'paying someone to look after your car' is not a thing. You are no better than the people around Corrigan despite what you might believe.

Jaysus lad, if you're throwing out stick about SW Hillbillies and stereotypes, you're gonna have to take some stick back in return.

You'll need a thicker skin round these parts!  :)
Keep 'er lit

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Hectic on October 12, 2018, 01:46:32 PM

Bullshit

Lol you are some humpy bollox. Happy enough to throw a bit of slagging but cant take it back. Ok Im a ballbag lol.

Great exchanges.  Would read again.

otbar

Quote from: NAG1 on October 12, 2018, 01:45:13 PM

Teams pay for strength and conditioning and no complaints. Why is it an issue paying a manager to supply a service. Antrim is an unsuccessful county and have not to many experienced managers but more a case of pass the baton to a club man who wants to give it a go.  Teams are fully entitled to covers a managers cost and this is not entirely a negative but more so they want to prosper and make their club better.  The gaa on a whole does not run on air. Plenty of people outside of managers are getting big salaries for little effort and at least a manager can be held accountable. Maybe if we paid an outsider to push the casement bid from the start we would be getting places.

BigBallWeeBall

I admire that the men involved were club men, doing it for their own club and for FREE. They weren't lured away but their greed

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on October 12, 2018, 02:06:04 PM

I admire that the men involved were club men, doing it for their own club and for FREE. They weren't lured away but their greed
dont think St. John's r paying or st galls or St. Paul's or st Teresa's or rossa

imtommygunn

Where has the 250k figure come from? Who came up with that?

otbar

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 12, 2018, 02:13:54 PM
Where has the 250k figure come from? Who came up with that?

From their main contributor over the years. 

NAG1

Literally dont know where to start on replying to a couple of the comments above so maybe just best to bow out at this stage.  :-X

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on October 12, 2018, 03:11:27 PM
Literally dont know where to start on replying to a couple of the comments above so maybe just best to bow out at this stage.  :-X

Thought that myself!