Roscommon v Clare - AIQ R4A [23/07/16]

Started by Syferus, July 18, 2016, 08:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

Duine Eile

Quote from: JoG2 on July 23, 2016, 05:54:28 PM
Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 05:48:53 PM
I think it's an open draw if Derry win. Great opportunity for Galway whatever the opponent.

Unbelievable opportunity as Conor Lane is already down to ref the game! How many Galway games has he officiated these last 2 seasons?  No other ref's appointment thus far
He's reffed 2 out of 3 and he was linesman for the 3rd I think. Clare play Kerry again Benny.

Mac2

Are Ross any further on than they would've been with Evans, I think not.

seafoid

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 06:44:11 PM
2 seasons of what? Roscommon can have very few excuses. Clare hurlers would have a few lads who can play football, not mention Tipp who have just beaten Derry. You need to reassess your view of Connacht football. It seems to be quite weak this year though I think Mayo can still go with the best even if there's little to suggest they'll go all the way.
I think the football is very open this year. The Dubs are 3vens but there may be rich pickings in the FB line. A qf is progress for Galway with potential for upside. I don't think any of the top 4 are fantastic

seafoid

Quote from: Mac2 on July 23, 2016, 07:00:38 PM
Are Ross any further on than they would've been with Evans, I think not.
Stayed up in D1. First year under new mgt. Lost in last 12 like Galway last year. They can build on it.

manfromdelmonte

It really has been a downward trajectory for Roscommon since the league game v Mayo

Fair play to Clare. They are a good team and played well.

Podge Collins should be ashamed for the dive to get Mullooly yellow carded.
the red card for Clare was never a straight red

Zulu

I think Dublin are fantastic, Tyrone are improving quickly and Kerry will still beat most teams in the country. Mayo are improving but bar DOC and Boyle they don't seem to have too many lads pulling up trees which they'll need to change if they are to get over the best. It will probably be a Galway Kerry semi final and Galway may just find out how far away they are from the top teams then.

By the way, I think Ros and Galway are improving teams but the evidence so far indicates that Galway may have caught Mayo and that they are still a division 2 team. Good to see them back but Roscommon's performance today puts a real asterix beside their Connacht final performance.

macdanger2

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 07:12:27 PM
I think Dublin are fantastic, Tyrone are improving quickly and Kerry will still beat most teams in the country. Mayo are improving but bar DOC and Boyle they don't seem to have too many lads pulling up trees which they'll need to change if they are to get over the best. It will probably be a Galway Kerry semi final and Galway may just find out how far away they are from the top teams then.

By the way, I think Ros and Galway are improving teams but the evidence so far indicates that Galway may have caught Mayo and that they are still a division 2 team. Good to see them back but Roscommon's performance today puts a real asterix beside their Connacht final performance.

Galway are in the same side as tyrone, kerry will likely play Dublin in the SF

seafoid

I thought it was munster Leinster and Connacht ulster this year.
Ros had the curse of the provincial replay losers.

Zulu

Ah right, I thought it was winners of Kerry and Galway QF's against each other. So if Mayo and Galway win they'll meet each other in the SF?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 07:20:53 PM
Ah right, I thought it was winners of Kerry and Galway QF's against each other. So if Mayo and Galway win they'll meet each other in the SF?

Yep, and a rather big IF!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Zulu on July 23, 2016, 07:20:53 PM

Not necessarily, Zulu.

If Donegal beat Cork, it is Donegal v Dublin in a QF game, with the winner playing Kerry or Clare in the semifinal.  The other QF will be Mayo or Westmeath v Tyrone, winner of that play Galway or Tipp.

If Cork beat Donegal and Mayo beat Weatmeath, it will be an open draw to see who meets Tyrone or Dublin. 

The only way Galway and Mayo meet in a semifinal is Galway beating Tipp, and Mayo getting past Westmeath and drawing (and beating) Tyrone in the QF.

The easiest way to look at semifinal match ups is this:

Aug 21.  Galway or Tipp  V Tyrone or the team that beat them;

Aug 28.  Dublin or the the team that beats them V Kerry or Clare.

Zulu

Maroon Manc

Who are the 8 best teams in the Country then?

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 23, 2016, 07:56:17 PM

Who are the 8 best teams in the Country then?

Dublin
Tyrone
Kerry
Mayo
Donegal
Monaghan
Galway
Cork