All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Syf there's more to underage success than having half the County on the Minor back room team.
Need to have a lot of work done before lads reach 17/18.
If your basic level of young Ladeen's is raised then you have a higher level of player coming through to County teams.
No surprise that our last few U 16s and Minor teams were poor.
Awful to see a set up that worked so well being run down.
You can't sit back and think a good Senior County team will inspire young lads.
See Meath for instance.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ONeill

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 19, 2015, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 08:20:24 AM
Tyrone will now face the irresistible force that is Tipperary.  Having taken out the Dubs and Cork, they are a serious outfit with the momentum to win that all ireland. If Tipp can cope with the title of being massive favourites they will be very difficult to beat.  Cant wait to see their star players.  What a great story it could be...
Tyrone are actually favourites with the bookies, 8/11.

This has been coming down Tipp way. Multiple Munster minor finals recently, an All-Ireland minor, 7 Munster finals in the last 9 years at U21....they're on the cusp of something.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 11:38:28 AM
Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 19, 2015, 09:17:03 AM
Quote from: rrhf on April 19, 2015, 08:20:24 AM
Tyrone will now face the irresistible force that is Tipperary.  Having taken out the Dubs and Cork, they are a serious outfit with the momentum to win that all ireland. If Tipp can cope with the title of being massive favourites they will be very difficult to beat.  Cant wait to see their star players.  What a great story it could be...
Tyrone are actually favourites with the bookies, 8/11.

This has been coming down Tipp way. Multiple Munster minor finals recently, an All-Ireland minor, 7 Munster finals in the last 9 years at U21....they're on the cusp of something.

Good to see Tipp fuball on the up
The clubs seem to be all different to the hurling.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Make no mistake, the Tipp U21s are a serious footballing outfit, and our lads will need to banish any ideas of being favourites for this one; 'twould be a fatal assumption.

The bookies are full of shite! :)

Having said that, one might, just might expect our lads to prevail if they go at the final with the same clinical intent and industry, but it ain't going to be straightforward, make no mistake.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

imtommygunn

Is it not basically a north south split?

Wouldn't know their clubs but recognise moyle rovers due to declan browne.

If dubs had won they'd be favourites yet tipp won due to being the best team and aren't favourites. I guess a factor for odds must be tradition.

orangeman

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2015, 12:03:54 PM

If dubs had won they'd be favourites yet tipp won due to being the best team and aren't favourites. I guess a factor for odds must be tradition.

Would agree with that.

Tipp have now beaten Cork and Dublin. So it's no fluke.

Tipp should be favourites in my book.

AZOffaly

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 19, 2015, 12:03:54 PM

Football dominates in the south but part of the development work is to increase the numbers from north and mid especially. Stephen o brien is Ballina and young halloran is portroe. Both north clubs. At minor and below you have more lads again but as we know at adult level its hard to play both. O Riordan I'd jk brackens which is mid.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 12:32:49 AM
Just back. Roscommon U21 are like Mayo senior - they have a weakness there in terms of winning mentality. Not to mention manliness but they'll improve on that.

Not a vintage Tyrone U21 team but enough physical presence to dominate a weaker side. Roscommon were disappointingly defensive and didn't really know how to play that game.

Stay classy, O'Neill.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 12:32:49 AM
Just back. Roscommon U21 are like Mayo senior - they have a weakness there in terms of winning mentality. Not to mention manliness but they'll improve on that.

Not a vintage Tyrone U21 team but enough physical presence to dominate a weaker side. Roscommon were disappointingly defensive and didn't really know how to play that game.

;D

Captain Obvious

Tyrone played that game yesterday on their own terms, helped in no small part by some very naive Roscommon defending. Conor McShane was lucky he didn't see red losing him could have swung the contest however the number 6 for Roscommon was also lucky to stay on.

I watched the highlights of the Munster final and feared the worst for Tipperary however they greatly improved in defence and if they produce a similar performance in the final they will win this All Ireland.

ONeill

There was n incident in the second half when a Roscommon forward and McGeary were codding about and handbagging. The Ros defender then fell like a sack of spuds, holding his face. He tried to get the Tyrone man sent off. Luckily the game played on around him and after looking at this through his hands he sprung up and played on. It was a despicable act. Real Premier League stuff.

INDIANA

Quote from: ONeill on April 19, 2015, 06:58:52 PM
There was n incident in the second half when a Roscommon forward and McGeary were codding about and handbagging. The Ros defender then fell like a sack of spuds, holding his face. He tried to get the Tyrone man sent off. Luckily the game played on around him and after looking at this through his hands he sprung up and played on. It was a despicable act. Real Premier League stuff.

You lot wrote the book on play acting. Pot and kettle

ONeill

Syferus

Oh, do not open that can of worms.

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

You won fair and square, why engage in that shite?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 19, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
Oh, do not open that can of worms.

McNulty essentially assaulted Ronan Daly for over a minute, choking, pushing, pulling, wrestling him to the ground nevermind a few jabs. This happened near the end when Tyrone had the match as good as won and he was clearly taunting Daly too. All he wanted was for the ref to see it and spend an age trying to figure out what happened. It went on so long other Roscommon players had to go over to Daly to get the joker off him and he still didn't stop until the referee finally noticed what had become a five or six person melee. Genuinely one of the most pointlessly prolonged dirty acts I've seen on a football field.

You won fair and square, why engage in that shite?

So he just picked on him for no reason, when the game was in the bag and the Roscommon player let him push, pull, punch and wrestle him whilst passively standing there? That's awful stuff! Poor old Roscommon, the definition of restraint. Maybe you'll win the fair play league?
That was never a square ball!!