Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Applesisapples

Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2015, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 16, 2015, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 15, 2015, 07:00:08 PM
Disgraceful decision to allow this.
Wise up times have moved on.

Very short memories....
Not at all, there was a conflict a truce was called and we move on. Like Wales and Scotland the Irish involvement with the British Army was not so straight forward in the past, but those days are gone for good hopefully. This type of attitude is why the Unionists are where they are.

foxcommander

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 16, 2015, 03:01:55 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2015, 02:22:39 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 16, 2015, 09:26:46 AM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 15, 2015, 07:00:08 PM
Disgraceful decision to allow this.
Wise up times have moved on.

Very short memories....
Not at all, there was a conflict a truce was called and we move on. Like Wales and Scotland the Irish involvement with the British Army was not so straight forward in the past, but those days are gone for good hopefully. This type of attitude is why the Unionists are where they are.

It's that type of attitude that allows foreign forces to occupy a country.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Eamonnca1

omaghjoe

Had to laugh when I read a news article a while back about the fact that most German's never heard of this match

armaghniac

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 16, 2015, 08:44:10 PM
Had to laugh when I read a news article a while back about the fact that most German's never heard of this match

Did the British win that one then? 1914 and 1966, a noble record.

Out of curiosity, I have never had the impression that the First World War loomed large in German consciousness, at least compared to Belgium, France and Britain. The Germans had other issues after that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hardy

It loomed large enough in their consciousness to make its outcome their main motivation for starting Word War Two.

omaghjoe

Quote from: armaghniac on September 16, 2015, 10:36:14 PM

Out of curiosity, I have never had the impression that the First World War loomed large in German consciousness, at least compared to Belgium, France and Britain. The Germans had other issues after that.

Well that's exactly the point that more recent historians where trying to make, that it wasnt really a match at all, more of a messin session, nobody won, they werent even competing.

..But thats not what people believe....which is more important that the facts.

....Take Darren Hughes recent attempted take down by the hair, he tried to pass it off as a hair toss via twitter and was largely successful in doing that...but the evidence is right there in a video, most choose to ignore it.

tonto1888

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 16, 2015, 11:17:30 PM

Well that's exactly the point that more recent historians where trying to make, that it wasnt really a match at all, more of a messin session, nobody won, they werent even competing.

....Take Darren Hughes recent attempted take down by the hair, he tried to pass it off as a hair toss via twitter and was largely successful in doing that...but the evidence is right there in a video, most choose to ignore it.

Yup. The evidence is there in the video though certainly not as you portray it

omaghjoe

Quote from: tonto1888 on September 19, 2015, 06:29:44 AM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 16, 2015, 11:17:30 PM

Yup. The evidence is there in the video though certainly not as you portray it

I suppose you will have no bother telling him how you can ruffle someones hair with a clenched fist?

stew

Quote from: Hardy on September 16, 2015, 11:15:34 PM
It loomed large enough in their consciousness to make its outcome their main motivation for starting Word War Two.

And the fact that the brits and their allies hamstrung them via reparations had nothing to do with the rise of their mad fuhrer. ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Denn Forever

Potential new candidate for the Mayo manager's job if they are good enough.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...