Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hectic

Jaysus lads lets get behind our county champions. They are representing us all at this stage.

country bumpkin

Cargin back training tonight.....

paddyjohn

Could we all have a look at ourselves here. 4 south west teams are representing our fine county in Ulster, let's get behind them these next load of weekends and cheer them on.

Spread the love ladies & gents.

bogieman

Quote from: farset on October 23, 2018, 06:02:06 PM
Jesus could you all not quote every conversation?

+1

I was also getting close to asking the same thing...  8)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

Not long home from SW annual dinner presentation in Dunsilly Hotel. Gaa thriving in country areas, probably getting stronger every year. Teams winning and clubs getting their facilities in order....Moneyglass Glenavy Cargin latest three clubs to have large capital projects ongoing, which will result in superb facilities for future generations.

Michael Hasson reported a very positive upbeat report on new Casement Park project, all Antrim Gaels need this sooner rather than later. But good to hear that our Ulster President feels that we are moving solidly in right direction with the project.

From where it was 20 - 25 years ago, SW Antrim Gaa in rude health. Lisburn now making very positive strides....a huge city with massive potential, and the other large town Ballymena brought home a lot of underage silverware, so those are good barometers too. Dunloy thriving, Aghagallon thriving. Well done to everyone in these clubs making it happen.

Well done SW. 2018 was truly a great year. 

Gold

Are St Pats Lisburn promoted  ?

Have they ever got out of the bottom rung before?
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

imtommygunn

Bs I stopped when I read Lisburn is a huge city ;D

I was wondering that myself gold. I read Lisburn promoted but not sure they have been out of bottom tier.

bannside

Lisburn promoted to division two Gold for I think the first time ever.

For those old enough to recall the "O Hara Report" which was delivered around 1996, there were some strong recommendations, the biggest was the development of our games in certain areas - and the development of proper facilities . One was South Belfast and St Brigids have admirably ticked that box. The other big area was Lisburn.....a town with hundreds of "nationalist" families but with a large soccer tradition. This can be a big area of progress too, now that the ball is starting to roll there.

The lower Falls needed a proper facility and now Davitts have obtained that. That's a great asset in a massive soccer playing area. And St Endas are doing a great job too on and off the pitch, in their large catchment area.

Two decades later I think Paddy O Hara would be very happy with the way our county us positioning itself for future growth and prosperity, as many of his strongest recommendations are coming to fruition.

bannside

LOL ITG. Does it have a cathedral and all that! Ok there was a bit of artistic licence taken there...but you know what I mean.

imtommygunn

Quote from: bannside on October 24, 2018, 09:14:05 AM
LOL ITG. Does it have a cathedral and all that! Ok there was a bit of artistic licence taken there...but you know what I mean.

I know :D

I admire your optimism bs and lisburn improving can only be good for us but we are stI'll in a mess with a long way to go.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: bannside on October 24, 2018, 12:18:22 AM
Not long home from SW annual dinner presentation in Dunsilly Hotel. Gaa thriving in country areas, probably getting stronger every year. Teams winning and clubs getting their facilities in order....Moneyglass Glenavy Cargin latest three clubs to have large capital projects ongoing, which will result in superb facilities for future generations.

Michael Hasson reported a very positive upbeat report on new Casement Park project, all Antrim Gaels need this sooner rather than later. But good to hear that our Ulster President feels that we are moving solidly in right direction with the project.

From where it was 20 - 25 years ago, SW Antrim Gaa in rude health. Lisburn now making very positive strides....a huge city with massive potential, and the other large town Ballymena brought home a lot of underage silverware, so those are good barometers too. Dunloy thriving, Aghagallon thriving. Well done to everyone in these clubs making it happen.

Well done SW. 2018 was truly a great year.
Yes genuine congratulations to SW Antrim gaels on their achievements on and off the pitch. If Snailfast, sorry I mean Gaelfast, ever gets moving we could have a very strong county overall in the future

The Gs Man

Was it last year that Belfast won everything?

I seem to recall some healthy jesting.
Keep 'er lit

Hectic

Lisburn improving year on year and I will watch them with interest next year in Div 2. Was Antrim town i.e. Comgalls included in this plan? They had made good progress for a number of years there but have fallen well back this year and took an absolute hammering from Lisburn last day out so maybe have to measure these things over a longer period.

bannside

Both regions need to be performing in order to develop a mutual respect and that needs to be earned. The county needs both regions pulling their weight.

I don't know if it's the social media thing but there definitely seems to be a helluva lot more underage activity, blitz competition, challenge competions, go games  etc and more of a coaching focus across the board than say a decade ago. Anyone else see that or am I imagining it?

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on October 24, 2018, 04:32:34 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on October 24, 2018, 01:24:35 PM
Was it last year that Belfast won everything?

I seem to recall some healthy jesting.
Yes.
That came after SW won everything the year previous and some serious obituaries posted about Belfast GAA.
It's all guff.

Hi HS mate.. City GAA is finished  :P