Has Brolly been fired?

5 Sams

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 21, 2014, 09:00:53 AM
Has Brolly been fired?

I think he is on his jollies in France.
The Aristocrat Years

joemamas

meathie

I actually can't believe there wasn't more about mulligan on this thread!! Shocking stuff, shocking!  :)

Asal Mor

I thought the hurling analysis was very good again. It helps that they were both at the game(Waterford v Wexford). Duignan was quick to let us know that he's been at all of Wexford's games this year but that's why he's able to tell us some things we don't know about them. I think Donal Og is a living legend, too. Knows his stuff.

DoireGael

Is it just me or is anyone else finding the Football Championship quite dull this year? (Maybe its just the fact Derry were put out so early)

Jinxy

It was no better last year.
Only gets going at quarter final stage, the same as every other cup competition in sport.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aristo 60

Quote from: meathie on July 21, 2014, 06:03:57 PM
I actually can't believe there wasn't more about mulligan on this thread!! Shocking stuff, shocking!  :)

Agreed, shocking - he's no Brolly or Stephen Fry or anything like it.

The best he could do for himself is to dream up some premeditated paragraph like Cantona did and just trot that out. At least then some of the punters wouldn't immediately know he's completely out of his depth.

He sounded virtually unprepared and inarticulate to boot but I've no experience of what it's like under the glare of the camera and spotlight. No doubt he can see the plays on the pitch better than most of us on here but you wouldn't think it with all the mumbly speak.

Dermot Early does very well and maybe with time Mugsie could reach his standard. It would be a big big maybe but.

Mind you Mugsie has the edge with his simply gorgeous tresses and for that alone he's a decent counterfoil to Early!

DoireGael

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2014, 04:29:53 PM
Only gets going at quarter final stage, the same as every other cup competition in sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxU9aCiLW3o

BennyHarp

Quote from: meathie on July 21, 2014, 06:03:57 PM

Sunday Game in shite pundit shocker!!
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on July 22, 2014, 04:29:53 PM
One of the reasons the hurling championship is so much more exciting etc is that it's limited to the top 12 Counties. It helps that of the 9 best of them any of them is capable of beating one of the other 8.
Football has 32 - about 12 no hopers and 12 more hoping to get a good run or maybe make a Provincial Final. Of the remaining 8 - 4 appear to be at a higher level.
So there are a lot of games but most of them have no relationship with winning shiny cups.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Minder

Any chance Donal Og could get his point across a bit quicker ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

BartSimpson

Quote from: Minder on July 27, 2014, 10:28:23 PM
Any chance Donal Og could get his point across a bit quicker ?
He's from Cork. No
guwan the parish

From the Bunker

Nasty dig by Brolly to O'Rourke as to him spending Nama money at the Galway Races. O'Rourke clearly not pleased by the comment! No love lost there?

Dinny Breen

Tommy Carr! Why Sunday Game why?
#newbridgeornowhere