Ulster Final: Tyrone v Down 16/07/17 14.00 Clones

Started by omagh_gael, June 22, 2017, 10:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAULD123

If Down can produce  a similar performance to the Monaghan game then we will be close. I think that is a fair statement. We would be close enough to have a chance to take the game if we get the breaks. That performance was easily good enough to live with Tyrone.

The key question is IF?

Down produced a great display which proves only that they have the talent to do that. It does not prove that they can do it regularly. That is what makes Tyrone a better team. The fact that consistently Tyrone reach that level again and again. I deeply believe that man for man Down and Tyrone are very close in talent (S. Cavanagh is an exception)

Even with the same display as the Monaghan game we won't have any confidence of winning, just that we will be at least close enough to have a better than fair chance.

But we could easily revert to early season form and take a whupping. This is well possible.

lenny

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 12, 2017, 10:15:40 AM
If Down can produce  a similar performance to the Monaghan game then we will be close. I think that is a fair statement. We would be close enough to have a chance to take the game if we get the breaks. That performance was easily good enough to live with Tyrone.

The key question is IF?

Down produced a great display which proves only that they have the talent to do that. It does not prove that they can do it regularly. That is what makes Tyrone a better team. The fact that consistently Tyrone reach that level again and again. I deeply believe that man for man Down and Tyrone are very close in talent (S. Cavanagh is an exception)

Even with the same display as the Monaghan game we won't have any confidence of winning, just that we will be at least close enough to have a better than fair chance.

But we could easily revert to early season form and take a whupping. This is well possible.

Drew wylie had a complete off day v down and that was probably because he was involved in a car crash on the way to the game. If he had been himself monaghan would've won that game comfortably. Tyrone will win this by 10 points plus. Down will be hungry and motivated but at the end of the day they don't have the quality.

Taylor

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 12, 2017, 10:15:40 AM

The key question is IF?

Are you being serious? :o

nrico2006

This Down side is seriously lacking in quality and man for man isn't close to the Tyrone team. If they were anyway decent, the run from the past few years wouldn't have happened
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 12, 2017, 09:34:30 AM
Your right anyone could have delivered what we won in last 6 years. 1 ulster and 6 mc Kenna cups. Yipee. Ah well at least the football was exciting to watch.lol

But what if they win on Sunday and do back to back ulsters for only the 4th or so time in history for a Tyrone team. Would that not be a decent achievement? And you also ignored the fact that Tyrone reached the All Ireland semi final twice in the last 6 years.

Also the man you want to replace him with won two games all year and suffered a very poor championship exit. What makes you think he'd do better?

There could off course be a fair chance that you don't have a clue yourself. After all you did tip Derry to beat Tyrone in the first round.

armaghniac

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 12, 2017, 10:38:41 AM
This Down side is seriously lacking in quality and man for man isn't close to the Tyrone team. If they were anyway decent, the run from the past few years wouldn't have happened

While I think Tyrone have better men, a team can improve if new management organises them properly, as Donegal 2011 shows very clearly.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ONeill

Down midfield cudnt catch a cold.

Harrison won't get a sniff and be subbed off after 25 mins.

That Johnston lad will be turned over 10 times in the first 10 mins. Can't remember the names of any other Down player. Don't even know if those I mentioned are correct. Mickey to empty the bench at HT.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2017, 10:56:19 AM
Down midfield cudnt catch a cold.

Harrison won't get a sniff and be subbed off after 25 mins.

That Johnston lad
will be turned over 10 times in the first 10 mins. Can't remember the names of any other Down player. Don't even know if those I mentioned are correct. Mickey to empty the bench at HT.

The big question is, which one?

ONeill

The bastketbally one. Thin lad, holds on to it too long.

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2017, 11:02:54 AM
The bastketbally one. Thin lad, holds on to it too long.

That doesn't really narrow it down too much for me, but I suppose you're talking about Ryan.

Redhand Santa

It'll be interesting to see what the referee lets Down away with this weekend. They were lucky enough the last day and got away with a few late hits. I can see Bradley being targeted early. Hoping Tyrone push up on the kickouts again. With the 2 Cavanaghs Donnelly and McCann around that area we should be more than capable of competing. Big day for Conall McCann on Sunday. He did really well against Derry but was quieter the last day.

ONeill

Some crowd heading in from Monaghan town way, and getting away too. Prepare for big delays.

omagh_gael

Quote from: ONeill on July 12, 2017, 11:29:36 AM
Some crowd heading in from Monaghan town way, and getting away too. Prepare for big delays.

Hard to bate heading over fivemiletown mountain and down through Aughadrumsee. Takes you right up to the ground. Get a sneaky pint and a burger after the game and you've feck all traffic. You even get to stop off at Sean South's memorial and say a wee prayer.

snoopdog

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 12, 2017, 11:06:18 AM
It'll be interesting to see what the referee lets Down away with this weekend. They were lucky enough the last day and got away with a few late hits. I can see Bradley being targeted early. Hoping Tyrone push up on the kickouts again. With the 2 Cavanaghs Donnelly and McCann around that area we should be more than capable of competing. Big day for Conall McCann on Sunday. He did really well against Derry but was quieter the last day.
That's rich considering Tyrone are the most cynical dirty team in the game. The black card was invented because of you boys.

Taylor

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 12, 2017, 11:06:18 AM

As long as he punishes 'tackles' like dropping the knees into someone on the ground we will be happy enough