Attendances

Started by slippery dodger, January 18, 2018, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Quote from: full moon on May 30, 2022, 11:19:54 PM
Leinster final attendance?

Anyone notice its harder to find attendances released when they are below expected!

Yeah, they usually put it up on the big screen at Croke Park at half-time.

They've losing money playing game/qualifiers/finals in CP, when the teams competing are 2/3+ hours away.

Then they complain about losing revenue - I wish they would come out and state their reasoning.

naka

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on June 09, 2022, 10:46:52 AM
Was there an official attendance given for the match in Armagh? I didn't see one given. I'd have guessed around 16-17,000.
just over 16k

Rossfan

I saw 16,292 on some publication.
Munster Hurley stuff final 43,118.
They'll do well to pass 20k in Croke Park Saturday while Cork v Limerick will hardly exceed 3k.
Armagh v Donegal 15k?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Armagh18

Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2022, 11:25:23 AM
They'll do well to pass 20k in Croke Park Saturday while Cork v Limerick will hardly exceed 3k.
Armagh v Donegal 15k?
serious buzz about Armagh at the minute I'd say Clones will be packed. Don't know about Donegal ones though.

Probably will depend on weather and the fsct its on TV will draw plenty to the high stool/sofa to watch it instead

J70

Quote from: Armagh18 on June 09, 2022, 11:35:30 AM
Armagh v Donegal 15k?
serious buzz about Armagh at the minute I'd say Clones will be packed. Don't know about Donegal ones though.

Probably will depend on weather and the fsct its on TV will draw plenty to the high stool/sofa to watch it instead

If Clones is packed, that will down to Armagh.

I can't see Donegal bringing much of a crowd.

The Ulster Final crowd looked at least 5:1 Derry.

Farrandeelin

Armagh v Donegal 15k?

Will Ros bring much of a crowd?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Most people I'd know are going......but then a lot of them would be going to most League games too.
I'd hope the usual 5k Championship crowd but won't be many bandwagoners.
Saturday and live on TV doesn't help.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on June 10, 2022, 09:26:56 AM
Most people I'd know are going......but then a lot of them would be going to most League games too.

Do you think that will have a big sway on things? I mean I love my GAA but watching Roscommon play Clare won't be a big draw for the armchair spectator. ....
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

I'm talking about the casual Ros supporter who turns out in the Summer.
Things like it being Saturday and game on TV would be a good reason for them not to travel.
Neutrals don't really shell out to go to games (football especially) these days.

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 10, 2022, 12:53:15 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 10, 2022, 09:26:56 AM

Do you think that will have a big sway on things? I mean I love my GAA but watching Roscommon play Clare won't be a big draw for the armchair spectator. ....
Probably people that would like to see the game but aren't bothered whether they go to it or watch it at home/high stool. Maybe they'd have went if it wasn't on tv.

snoopdog

Price of fuel and 25 euro a ticket it's no real surprise neutrals don't go as much qnymore. 25 euro is way too much to pay. The GAA are pricing people out. Sit at home for free and watch on TV or go to clones. Its a no brainer unfortunately. 

full moon

Fans voting with their feet today against Croke Park with rising fuel and accom costs and inflation.

Sad to witness a virtually empty Croke Park for a last 12 championship double header. GAA HQ need to get their act together, no respect for supporters and getting their response today.

Turf

Quote from: full moon on June 11, 2022, 04:11:20 PM
Fans voting with their feet today against Croke Park with rising fuel and accom costs and inflation.

Sad to witness a virtually empty Croke Park for a last 12 championship double header. GAA HQ need to get their act together, no respect for supporters and getting their response today.
Might have a few more turn up for Mayo Kildare. Roscommon vs Clare was never gonna draw a crowd really, no one outside of the two counties involved will care about the game.

full moon

Quote from: Turf on June 11, 2022, 04:16:44 PM
Quote from: full moon on June 11, 2022, 04:11:20 PM

Might have a few more turn up Mayo Kildare. Roscommon vs Clare was never gonna draw a crowd really, no one outside of the two counties involved will care about the game.

There's a tweet saying Gardai stated only 11k tickets sold between the counties and that's what they're expecting! Seemed to be a lot of anger in Mayo about it and Kildare don't travel to Croker

full moon

https://mobile.twitter.com/SkySportsGAA/status/1535628864852049920

McGuinness and Canavan criticise Croke Park for the games. Also interesting they suggest Mayo could not find a hotel in Dublin and will be traveling up and back to Mayo tonight