Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigarsedkeeper

I didn't think Utd were that bad but West Ham just went out to stop Utd. Was Moyes plan to go for penalties - didn't look like he had another plan.

Felt sorry for Van Der Beek - never got a chance to do anything last night with how WH set up. How Fred stayed on I'll never know. His passing range is shocking. Everything is so unassured with him. Someone needs to tell him to piss off standing over free kicks and trying long range shots. I know he has done well in some games but he's nowhere near the level you would want in there.

BennyCake

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on February 10, 2021, 09:19:21 AM
I didn't think Utd were that bad but West Ham just went out to stop Utd. Was Moyes plan to go for penalties - didn't look like he had another plan.

Felt sorry for Van Der Beek - never got a chance to do anything last night with how WH set up. How Fred stayed on I'll never know. His passing range is shocking. Everything is so unassured with him. Someone needs to tell him to piss off standing over free kicks and trying long range shots. I know he has done well in some games but he's nowhere near the level you would want in there.

Fred reminds me of the erratic Anderson.

Whatever happened to him btw?

oakleaflad

Thought Fred played reasonably well myself, certainly not one i'd be highlighting for being poor, and can pass more comfortably off either foot than any of the other midfielders.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: oakleaflad on February 10, 2021, 10:20:59 AM
Thought Fred played reasonably well myself, certainly not one i'd be highlighting for being poor, and can pass more comfortably off either foot than any of the other midfielders.
Maybe I'm being harsh on him but I thought he was very wasteful, especially in the 1st half. I wasn't the only one that pointed it out going by twitter. Saying that someone had him in the list for man of the match.

I don't think he can be a regular starter if you want to challenge for league titles again.

Milltown Row2

It was a poor game and West Ham had no intention of going for it and could have stole it with a set piece, that's it.

Liverpool and City have had to break teams down all the time, clubs set out like that and sometimes it works.

I'd take it as a complement that The Hammers set their stall out like that as they have been playing pretty well of late.

Utd did have to dip into their better players to get over the line but they did.

City are 13/8 to win the FA cup, 4/9 for the League Cup, 1/4 for the league and 7/2 for the Champions league... the Quad?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trailer

Warming to Fred myself. Game last night was dire. WHU hard to play against.

NAG1

Fred was really wasteful on the night, the fact that he is busy means he is on the ball a lot but takes an extra touch when a quick forward pass was needed.

I thought the game was crying out for DVB to drop back into Fred's position and start to dictate the game from there, has better vision and passing range than Fred. DVB was being crowded out in the middle and was getting lost in the game.

Good result in the end with a significantly worse performance than the weekend, but will take it and move on.

nrico2006

Agree on Fred, its a bit like the Lindelof situation now too in that he was that bad so frequently that now when he has a 6/10 game its seen as if he has done brilliant.  In reality, both are not players that should be playing for United or any of the top sides.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

An Watcher

Declan Rice was the best player on the pitch but let himself down then for the goal

pbat

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 10, 2021, 11:00:33 AM
Agree on Fred, its a bit like the Lindelof situation now too in that he was that bad so frequently that now when he has a 6/10 game its seen as if he has done brilliant.  In reality, both are not players that should be playing for United or any of the top sides.

I dont get why Lindelof gets so much of a hard time and Maguire gets a free ride.

nrico2006

Quote from: pbat on February 10, 2021, 01:51:27 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on February 10, 2021, 11:00:33 AM

I dont get why Lindelof gets so much of a hard time and Maguire gets a free ride.

I wouldn't have thought Maguire gets a free ride, constantly focused on by everybody. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Cunny Funt

Leicester away in FA Cup quarter final. Drawing City would be the only tougher fixture to get.

Dearg

I always laugh when I hear Manchester United fans talking about the United Way and getting Manchester United to 'where they belong'.
There is no United Way, it's a myth. What there was though was a Fergie Way.
Where United are now, and I don't just mean their current league position, where United are now as a club is exactly where they have been for the vast majority of their history.
That is, not winning leagues and maybe competing for one every now and then and winning the odd domestic trophy.
Before Ferguson came along this is what Manchester United were, it was the norm,and that's what they have reverted back to since he went.
So there is no United way, there is no getting Manchester United back to 'where they belong' Manchester United are now exactly where they have been for much of their history.
Winning league titles is an anomaly for Manchester United not the norm. It's an anomaly that happened for a very brief period in their 140 year history.
The Fergie way was very real, the United way is a myth.

Cunny Funt

A performance that deserved no more than a point. Huffed and puffed throughout and the West Brom keeper underworked. Although Maguire header almost nicked all 3 points deep into injury time.

The Maguire, Lindelof Centre back partnership was dreadful again. With Bailly back fit one of those two needs dropping.

With Chelsea, Man City  away coming up shortly a real real battle on Uniteds hands to secure a top 4 finish now.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Dearg on February 13, 2021, 08:17:58 AM
I always laugh when I hear Manchester United fans talking about the United Way and getting Manchester United to 'where they belong'.
There is no United Way, it's a myth. What there was though was a Fergie Way.
Where United are now, and I don't just mean their current league position, where United are now as a club is exactly where they have been for the vast majority of their history.
That is, not winning leagues and maybe competing for one every now and then and winning the odd domestic trophy.
Before Ferguson came along this is what Manchester United were, it was the norm,and that's what they have reverted back to since he went.
So there is no United way, there is no getting Manchester United back to 'where they belong' Manchester United are now exactly where they have been for much of their history.
Winning league titles is an anomaly for Manchester United not the norm. It's an anomaly that happened for a very brief period in their 140 year history.
The Fergie way was very real, the United way is a myth.

They do have the most titles. Blackburn winning the title was an anomaly (something that deviates from the standard)

They have won the title in 7 different decades

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea