2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

O moore parklife

Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 03:34:59 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 16, 2017, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 16, 2017, 07:13:40 PM
Kingston is a massive loss  :'(

Looking at where a primary scoring forward will emerge from will be intriguing.

I think Sugrue made some good choices in picking his back room team.
I think paul Kingston Gary walsh and Alan farrell will step up
Besiides eoin Kearns and stack who else is in there???

Sorry but your talking of replacing Donie with 2 players who were not regular starters under the previous 3 managers, And another who spent the majority of his time with Laois in his own half working (obviously in a role he was asked to play by the previous manager)????

Paul Kingston- Talented footballer, Incredible at times. but hasn't the same physical presence or scoring volume of his sibling

Gary Walsh- Good, But wont contribute the scores Donie has.

Alan Farrell- A workhorse forward, Good skillset but not a prolific scorer.

Maybe this system will suit them, and allow them to flourish.

Kearns could have took any of the other Laois gigs on his own merit.

Stack knows that group, and will have better guidance on the direction of the team than he had with his previous time with Laois

Brendan Delaney-Reportedly very good, and has previously worked with John, It must be said trust in any managerial setup is key !!!

The S&C guy has come from left of field, so I cant comment, as I know very little on him

Think that's the lot.

Good info thanks for that a lad on trials said there was one more in there fella from cork supposed to be very good.
God no im not on about replacing donnie cause you cant really but i think those lads could step up and do a job. They wont score as much but will work.

The Monument Road

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 17, 2017, 12:50:03 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:05:13 AM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 17, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Some interesting rumours around regarding transfers of some Laois footballers. One out of Laois and a couple of moves inside the county.
Fire them up there buddy
One to Athy and another one to make a short move to Josephs I heard. Don't know its true but they both have come from a lad who knows more than me about these things.
Sensational transfer request is in the pipeline i hear. It is jaw dropping but to be fair to the individual i cannot say anything further. Letting the name onto a public forum would probably allow grumblers to begin a campaign to immobilize the individuals chances of the transfer succeeding. I hear the chances of the transfer going through is almost 100% certain. 

O moore parklife

Quote from: The Monument Road on November 17, 2017, 06:27:20 PM
Some interesting rumours around regarding transfers of some Laois footballers. One out of Laois and a couple of moves inside the county.
Fire them up there buddy
One to Athy and another one to make a short move to Josephs I heard. Don't know its true but they both have come from a lad who knows more than me about these things.
Sensational transfer request is in the pipeline i hear. It is jaw dropping but to be fair to the individual i cannot say anything further. Letting the name onto a public forum would probably allow grumblers to begin a campaign to immobilize the individuals chances of the transfer succeeding. I hear the chances of the transfer going through is almost 100% certain.
You cant say who it is but can you say who it isn't.
Kingston brothers can you say its not them

The Monument Road

Quote from: O moore parklife on November 17, 2017, 06:38:09 PM
Fire them up there buddy
You cant say who it is but can you say who it isn't.
Kingston brothers can you say its not them
Before this gathers momentum can i clarify this,i am referring to a solitary individual transfer being sought. Transfers to my knowledge can only be sought on an individual basis, not in group form.

Don Draper

Fire them up there buddy
Incredible to think Zach would be coming back, and to Stradbally no less, Jesus that's unbelievable news.

Target Man

Well at least Zach to Stradbally would be jaw dropping. I'm not sure a Kingston transfer anywhere would even register mild surprise unfortunately

redsetanta

No a Kingston transfer wouldn't be a surprise but still big news.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

brandyandPORT

Quote from: O moore parklife on November 17, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

Sorry but your talking of replacing Donie with 2 players who were not regular starters under the previous 3 managers, And another who spent the majority of his time with Laois in his own half working (obviously in a role he was asked to play by the previous manager)????

Paul Kingston- Talented footballer, Incredible at times. but hasn't the same physical presence or scoring volume of his sibling

Stack knows that group, and will have better guidance on the direction of the team than he had with his previous time with Laois

Brendan Delaney-Reportedly very good, and has previously worked with John, It must be said trust in any managerial setup is key !!!

The S&C guy has come from left of field, so I cant comment, as I know very little on him

Think that's the lot.

Good info thanks for that a lad on trials said there was one more in there fella from cork supposed to be very good.
God no im not on about replacing donnie cause you cant really but i think those lads could step up and do a job. They wont score as much but will work.

Was talking to one of the lad I know that was in for trials, Seemingly it's Brian Breen, I'd say he's only in to Ref the in house games, as he would be barely capable of that let alone any other task!!!

Well if we can't replace Donie's scores, We will be in a world of bother in the championship, as he scored the majority of our scores last year!!!!!!

On the transfer saga, are we looking at a big name down that side???

Keyser Söze

Its fairly obvious that Monument Road wants it "out there" that this player/players is/are SEEKING a transfer.
The club they are seeking to transfer to ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT out looking for them to transfer.

Reminds me of a scene from Fr Ted
***NOT A RACIST***NOT A RACIST***NOT A RACIST***
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

BallyroanAbu

High Fielder

I'll take a stab at Meaney to Josephs. Lives in the area and known to be unhappy with set up in Kilcruise. Just a guess but lacks the jaw drop factor. Kingstons to Athy would hardly loosen your jaw either. Kingstons to Kildare? You'd need surgery to mend that jaw. You gotta love the close season . Much better craic than the real thing

O moore parklife

Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 17, 2017, 11:38:56 PM
Quote from: O moore parklife on November 17, 2017, 06:02:13 PM

Think that's the lot.

Was talking to one of the lad I know that was in for trials, Seemingly it's Brian Breen, I'd say he's only in to Ref the in house games, as he would be barely capable of that let alone any other task!!!

Well if we can't replace Donie's scores, We will be in a world of bother in the championship, as he scored the majority of our scores last year!!!!!!

On the transfer saga, are we looking at a big name down that side???
Ah brian breen na i doubt he is in reffing saw mousey moore myself doing a few of those matches he was moving well to be fsir. Thats Brian breen from o Dempseys i presume 2 good years under the belt promotion and leage pleasant to deal with from all accounts im guessing with PORT being in your username its local rivalry. Lets be positive give lads a chance before cutting the legs from under them

Pablo Escobar

Kingston to Athy has been a rumour for a The last seven off seasons. I'll believe it when I see it. Josephs involves in transfer rumours?? No way ! I know if I was a josephs man it would sicken my b***x. It's basically telling your players ok your not good enough. We will bring in this other  fella.

Anyway does anyone have a list of lads training with Laois at the moment . I read today Ben Conroy is involved.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 18, 2017, 12:29:49 AM
Its fairly obvious that Monument Road wants it "out there" that this player/players is/are SEEKING a transfer.
The club they are seeking to transfer to ARE NOT, I repeat ARE NOT out looking for them to transfer.

it's Saturday morning and I can't hold it back any longer...Cora Staunton to Kileen..

Keyser Söze

Quote from: The Monument Road on November 18, 2017, 11:07:25 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 18, 2017, 12:29:49 AM

it's Saturday morning and I can't hold it back any longer...Cora Staunton to Kileen..

Brilliant!  ;D
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......