Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristo 60

Is it not possible for Derry, Longford and Down to all finish up with 9 points?

wobbller

Quote from: Aristo 60 on March 06, 2020, 09:16:53 PM
Is it not possible for Derry, Longford and Down to all finish up with 9 points?
I stand corrected.

Aristo 60

No worries we all get a little ahead of ourselves when we are showing signs of improvement!

Truth hurts

Would anyone have the team and scorers from Saturdays league game in Tullylish? PR for underage football in Down is brutal when you look at likes of Antrim, Tyrone etc

On another note, well done to Kilcoo on organizing East Down sevens yesterday. I thought sevens was a dying game but I really enjoyed yesterdays games.

Too many steps

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2020, 02:36:21 PM
Would anyone have the team and scorers from Saturdays league game in Tullylish? PR for underage football in Down is brutal when you look at likes of Antrim, Tyrone etc

u17s starting lineup:

1. A Murdock
2. F McEvoy
3. P McCarthy
4. O McCrickard
5. C Rogers
6. R Magill
7. W Kelly
8. O Murdock
9. J Howlett
10. J Morgan
11. N Toner
12. O Cunningham
13. J Duggan
14. O Savage
15 Z Murdock

Can't recall all the scorers.

Didn't see much of the u16s so couldn't give you the team.

SamFever

Quote from: Too many steps on March 09, 2020, 06:08:09 PM

u17s starting lineup:

1. A Murdock
2. F McEvoy
3. P McCarthy
4. O McCrickard
5. C Rogers
6. R Magill
7. W Kelly
8. O Murdock
9. J Howlett
10. J Morgan
11. N Toner
12. O Cunningham
13. J Duggan
14. O Savage
15 Z Murdock

Any idea what Clubs they are all from?

Truth hurts

u17s starting lineup:

1. A Murdock
2. F McEvoy
3. P McCarthy
4. O McCrickard
5. C Rogers
6. R Magill
7. W Kelly
8. O Murdock
9. J Howlett
10. J Morgan
11. N Toner
12. O Cunningham
13. J Duggan
14. O Savage
15 Z Murdock

Thanks for this, a lot of them names look like from Ulster U16 champions Burren, going by last years u16 league and championship they look unbeatable.

On another note, results already from reserve leagues looks bad already with numerous DNF across two sections, there are teams in premier reserve now who could not win the East Down reserve league, surely you need to win a sectional league to go up. Loughinisland reserves not fielding at home, like WTF
If its bad now with no senior games on then wait to see what happens when they do

Too many steps

Quote from: SamFever on March 10, 2020, 09:20:28 AM

u17s starting lineup:

1. A Murdock - Burren
2. F McEvoy - Saval
3. P McCarthy - Burren
4. O McCrickard - Liatroim
5. C Rogers - Kilcoo
6. R Magill- Burren
7. W Kelly - Clonduff
8. O Murdock - Burren
9. J Howlett - CPN
10. J Morgan - Kilcoo
11. N Toner - Burren
12. O Cunningham - RGU
13. J Duggan - Burren
14. O Savage - Loughinisland
15 Z Murdock - Burren

Any idea what Clubs they are all from?

Think that's right - apologies in advance if I've got any wrong.

manwithnoplan

Any confirmed instances of this virus having an impact on any club preparations? As in training or friendly matches cancellations?

SamFever

Quote from: manwithnoplan on March 12, 2020, 08:21:10 AM
Any confirmed instances of this virus having an impact on any club preparations? As in training or friendly matches cancellations?
Yes.

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: SamFever on March 12, 2020, 04:11:51 PM
Quote from: manwithnoplan on March 12, 2020, 08:21:10 AM
Yes.

Well, everyone is same boat now anyway.
i usse an speelchekor

Aristo 60

I heard Benny the Great has suggested that once the pandemic has run its course the gaa should revert to knock out championship for this year. Winner takes all. Forget the 2 Tier nonsense

I would LOVE that.

Truth hurts

It would be a great idea but at the minute i would be happy to see an u10 friendly before September. GAA is the last thing on peoples minds at present. If in Down we can get back to Football around August, I would forget about the leagues for the year and have 4 groups for the SFC with Round robin games. The top team into the QF and 2 and 3 are in a play off with the other groups to try and get into QF. They play a similar system in Armagh at present. I do not think we are going to be able to complete a full round of league fixtures and I cannot see clubs agreeing to one round of fixtures to determine a league title or relegation.

Mourne Red

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 24, 2020, 09:38:22 AM
It would be a great idea but at the minute i would be happy to see an u10 friendly before September. GAA is the last thing on peoples minds at present. If in Down we can get back to Football around August, I would forget about the leagues for the year and have 4 groups for the SFC with Round robin games. The top team into the QF and 2 and 3 are in a play off with the other groups to try and get into QF. They play a similar system in Armagh at present. I do not think we are going to be able to complete a full round of league fixtures and I cannot see clubs agreeing to one round of fixtures to determine a league title or relegation.

I know player burnout people are going to cry but maybe have games on Mondays and Fridays? if we do get back to being able to tog out and play this year

imtommygunn

More games than training. I like it.

In fact don't train just play lol.