Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2020

Started by G@@, March 03, 2020, 09:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Cassidy

Surely didnt realise it would be aired considering the language both used. Brennan doesnt come out of it well as not the best platform for airing your grievances. Wooly might have problems getting Eddie on again.

Keyser Söze

Is it gone? I listened to the end of his segment and there wasn't anything in it?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

burdizzo

Keyser Söze

It may have been edited since. But nothing in what's there at the moment.

beano

Could you take down that link ? Anyone with a love of Laois hurling would not be posting this up . He is 100% correct in what he says about county board but posting the interview up only guarantees that he won't be there next year !!

HURLING1

No need to take it down
Gone through all the WhatsApp groups already.
Every gaa person hurling and football in Laois should listen to it.

burdizzo

Ok, I've took it down. But let's face it - anyone with half a brain will be able to find it, with or without the link. Maybe we should take down this whole discussion?! It's the only thing that got me listening to it!

Keyser Söze

I'm obviously missing something here. He didn't say anything he hasn't said already and I didn't hear anything of a sensitive nature. Are the controversial bits now cut?

burdizzo

No, but I think he was hinting that the county board wasn't as proactive as it might be in finding solutions - ie. setting up a supporters club. Hardly explosive stuff!

BallyroanAbu

Should be asked to leave immediately, I presume a lot of you will argue for him to stay.  But this outrageous, completely undermined our County Board who were appointed by the clubs.  This is not a dictatorship we vote them in they do not need to be slandered by anyone.  If any of you want their jobs put your name in the hat and good luck to you.

Blow-in

HURLING1

It sounds like he is too ambitious for our county.

Zooming around

Quote from: HURLING1 on November 09, 2020, 08:06:08 PM
It sounds like he is too ambitious for our county.

He's not too ambitious for our county but he is too ambitious for our county board. Very good honest interview which will hopefully lead to action but I won't hold my breath for our county football board to do anything for hurling.

Giovanni

I don't see anything at all explosive in what he said and honestly if county board members are going to be offended by this interview, then maybe they should consider their positions. We remember that Cheddar walked away for similar reasons so there is clearly an issue there and it's not one that's invented by Eddie Brennan.

Surely to God, it shouldn't be beyond the Laois GAA community to create a decent supporters club, with a proper fundraising capability in the UK, US and Australia? This is not so difficult any more. There are also eminent Laois people in large multi-national organisations and have shown a willingness to help and advise. I don't know how much would be needed but I can't imagine that it should be beyond the wit of the GAA community in Laois to generate sufficient funds to improve the environment for the players and the management team. Does the County Board have to sanction a supporters club or can it be done independently?

Zooming around

Quote from: Giovanni on November 09, 2020, 09:01:48 PM
I don't see anything at all explosive in what he said and honestly if county board members are going to be offended by this interview, then maybe they should consider their positions. We remember that Cheddar walked away for similar reasons so there is clearly an issue there and it's not one that's invented by Eddie Brennan.

Surely to God, it shouldn't be beyond the Laois GAA community to create a decent supporters club, with a proper fundraising capability in the UK, US and Australia? This is not so difficult any more. There are also eminent Laois people in large multi-national organisations and have shown a willingness to help and advise. I don't know how much would be needed but I can't imagine that it should be beyond the wit of the GAA community in Laois to generate sufficient funds to improve the environment for the players and the management team. Does the County Board have to sanction a supporters club or can it be done independently?

They will be offended. They treat it like their communion money.