Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

champion1981

Quote from: downjim on September 30, 2019, 02:17:37 PM
Gaa clubs all have a brand, a legacy you might say, regardless of what a certain club might win this year or any year, their reputation will forever be tarnished with the crap that they take to games. The GAA means much more than this, will this certain club be releasing a statement or hope it just goes away
does the south down select make a statement every time a certain mr magill or mr ryan hits juvenile player's? Or indeed when they're firing abuse at their own under age players? Twice this year magill was forced to apologise to under age players from his adopted club😂, but yous wont talk about that ,it might bring the reputation of the great burren down ! #a**hole

Last Caress

Quote from: champion1981 on September 30, 2019, 03:30:26 PM
Quote from: downjim on September 30, 2019, 02:17:37 PM
Gaa clubs all have a brand, a legacy you might say, regardless of what a certain club might win this year or any year, their reputation will forever be tarnished with the crap that they take to games. The GAA means much more than this, will this certain club be releasing a statement or hope it just goes away
does the south down select make a statement every time a certain mr magill or mr ryan hits juvenile player's? Or indeed when they're firing abuse at their own under age players? Twice this year magill was forced to apologise to under age players from his adopted club😂, but yous wont talk about that ,it might bring the reputation of the great burren down ! #a**hole
well said champion1981. Like I posted sometime back I witnessed this for myself.  Downjim has just come out of hibernation and is still not fully awake. But no doubt he will come alive over the next 2 weeks.

terrifictommy

the Referees done a good job at the weekend, let's not make them the most important part of the final. It's the match ups that will possibly decide this and whether Pount can keep that free flowing football going.

champion1981

Tommy, point and kilcoo 2 good attacking teams if and when the go at it,point have couple of good footballers ,but honestly cant see them beat kilcoo ,kilcoos know how to win and grind out results will get them over the line

yewtree

Some people are not brought up they are dragged up if some of the sledging and verbals,a certain club think this passes as being competitive.

One club in The East in particular needs to take a look at themselves.

Burren in fairness would not be a club renowned for unsporting behaviour if anything I feel they and their seniors are fantastic role models.

champion1981

Quote from: yewtree on September 30, 2019, 07:36:23 PM
Some people are not brought up they are dragged up if some of the sledging and verbals,a certain club think this passes as being competitive. Yewtree 😂 did you attend last years sfc final, throwing balls on to field to kill time?? Great role models all right,  when yous got it done few weeks back yous wernt to happy, and that east down club you refer 2 is the most decorated club In this fine county, jealously will get you no where 😉😂

Burren in fairness would not be a club renowned for unsporting behaviour if anything I feel they and their seniors are fantastic role models.

Hedgehunter

Some people are not brought up they are dragged up if some of the sledging and verbals,a certain club think this passes as being competitive.

Burren was the 1st place I seen that shite of booting the balls onto the pitch to waste time in a league game a few years ago during the Ward era.

Last Caress

Go on. Be a proper keyboard warrior and just name that club.

Hedgehunter

Quote from: Last Caress on September 30, 2019, 09:27:40 PM

Why, do ya not know who it is?

Last Caress

Quote from: Hedgehunter on September 30, 2019, 09:47:04 PM
Quote from: Last Caress on September 30, 2019, 09:27:40 PM

Why, do ya not know who it is?
Fair Idea. Not brave enough for yewtree to name?
Be careful. I hear they dabble in witch craft and satanic rituals. All part of the dark arts. You would never know what they could do to us on this board.

guevara

Relax Wobbler!  Did The Referee leniently allow Ballyholland away with a number of late "tackles" , third man tackles and various off the ball incidents?  Yes. It had no impact on the game.
However you are missing the point. The job of a Referee is too apply the rules of the game. Anytime I've seen Paul Falloon (and it's been a fair few) he fails to to do his job, and instead is selective of when to and when not to call the cynical off the ball shite that has no place in our game.

My point was that in my opinion Kilcoo will use similar tactics and it will take a strong Refereeing performance to call them on it.
"Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen"

Michael Jordan

elk

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 19, 2019, 03:32:43 PM
Don't know upandwin, you could be right about Ballyholland, they are dogged , committed and coming into a bit of form at the right time, Kilcoo may have too much for Burren, and if that's the case then it's theirs to win with Ballyholland possibly facing them in the final. The wannabe s from that supposed sporting hub have no chance , if they aren't careful they could be dragged into a relegation play off and wouldn't that be terrible - not
At least you got the Kilcoo bit right!

KeyboardWarrior645

Quote from: upandwin on September 30, 2019, 02:39:09 PM
Quote from: guevara on September 30, 2019, 01:37:08 PM
A strong Referee will be required if we are to come out on top. On Friday Night Paul Falloon blatantly ignored three or four off the ball incidents that would have seen Ballyholland punished.

Kilcoo will be well aware of The Point's main threats and will do whatever it takes to nulify them. If the Referee allows them to hold, drag and foul it will undoubtedly curtail our running game. However if he Referees the game based on the laws of the game then I honestly think bar a seriously poor display, we will have too much for Kilcoo.

Aw now Guevara, I was at the game with a number of Point people who I'm friendly with and all of them would tell you Paul Falloon was very good the other night and didn't help Ballyholland in the slightest. Thought he did the game very fairly and was a very decent display of referring IMO. Tiarnan Rushe should've been black carded first half but that was the linesman (Darren O'Hare I believe) who should've called that, not Falloon. Other than that there was very little he got wrong...

Kilcoo seem to have most of the referees on their side this last six or seven years...most of whom are doing in house games for them. Adrian Sharvin probably get the final. Surely Ciaran Brannigan can't get the final?
How can ciaran Brannigan honestly be considered to referee kilcoo games??? He is a relative of the Brannigans on the kilcoo team. A disgrace over the years he has got to referee kilcoo with them playing.

Leftmidfield

Quote from: guevara on October 01, 2019, 09:39:58 AM
Relax Wobbler!  Did The Referee leniently allow Ballyholland away with a number of late "tackles" , third man tackles and various off the ball incidents?  Yes[/font]. It had no impact on the game.
However you are missing the point. The job of a Referee is too apply the rules of the game. Anytime I've seen Paul Falloon (and it's been a fair few) he fails to to do his job, and instead is selective of when to and when not to call the cynical off the ball shite that has no place in our game.

My point was that in my opinion Kilcoo will use similar tactics and it will take a strong Refereeing performance to call them on it.

+1

thewobbler

Quote from: guevara on October 01, 2019, 09:39:58 AM
Relax Wobbler!  Did The Referee leniently allow Ballyholland away with a number of late "tackles" , third man tackles and various off the ball incidents?  Yes. It had no impact on the game.

Yeah but the point is you're only seeing it in one direction.

Rushe should have got a black card.

But if we are letter of the law-ing it then John Boyle could have taken a black a few times for drag downs, and the flying tackle on Paul Murphy was, well, a red card in most field sports in the world.

The ref was more than fair to CPN Friday night.