Previous topic - Next topic

crossfire

Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 10:08:20 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 07, 2009, 10:01:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 09:21:36 PM
Quote from: 689908 on August 07, 2009, 09:16:53 PM
What's your club?
Quote from: corn02 on August 07, 2009, 08:58:00 PM
Crossmaglen bate us oput the door, think there was 30 or 35 in it at the end.

Dromintee.

Final score: Cross 6-20 Drominte 0-05

Unbelievable scoreline. Can this scoreline to be taken at face value or had Dromintee a ladies team out?

We had a few young lads out alright, but i'm sure Cross did too.

Big gap at the moment.

Side will be taking Granemore incredibly serious and an upset is possible.

While Cross were short 5 or 6, this was almost a Dromintee B team. Some of the Dromintee lads are not even on their senior panel. The only recognizable face was Barry Shannon, so i am sure that any Granemore men in attendance at the game will not be fooled by this charade. ???

fitzroyalty

Quote from: illdecide on August 08, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
Quote from: IVEDECIDED on August 08, 2009, 10:32:18 AM
Mullaghbawn have dromintee and culloville left so winable games for them, Clans have st.pats at home and cruppen away, winable games for them who does killeavy play in their last game??

Sarsfields saan i think Sarsfields are at home but not 100%
Highmoss away. In any case I have a suspicion that dromintee will again field a weakened side when they play Mullabawn to make life difficult for their friends in killeavy.
I think Clans need 1pt from their last two games to stay up. If Cullaville win their last 3 games they stay up. Mullabawn need a win and a draw from their last two games to stay up. Killeavy need to win their remaining game to have any chance and may need to rely on other results to go their way, namely Clans to lose both their remaining matches and for Mullabawn to lose at least once to force a play off. Any two of the mentioned teams can still go down  :o

Candyman

Quote from: qub la la la on August 08, 2009, 10:53:39 AM
It has no bearing on Cruppen's season but could be key for Culloville and Killeavy. Cruppen won last night by a point but somewhere a long the line the referee missed a score and awarded a draw 1 - 9 to 2 - 6. scoreline was actually 1-10 to 2-6. Cruppen, the crowd, the scoreboard, people from other clubs and prob even Mullaghbawn (though they'll never admit it now - and why would they!), and the umpires knew the score. One clown in the middle couldnt count and that could be key in who stays up or goes down. Like I said, Cruppen already safe and it didnt matter but the point is if this had been two points we needed there would have been big implications. The referee was clearly not up to it and is def not div 1 standard. The county board need to look at ensuring that the referees asigned to games are at least able to count and are up the the challenge of refing at the level they are asigned to.

In any case we were shocking in the second half. That must be the biggest win for cross this year - didnt see it coming against Dromintee.

Happened Na Clairsigh lastyear against Culloville when EVERYONE knew we had won by a point, it was even broadcast on the local radio station that we'd won!! Ref gave it as a draw and we got relegated. Don't get me wrong that alone didn't put us down but I do think it had a bearing on matters...

Skiddybadoo

[/quote]

Happened Na Clairsigh lastyear against Culloville when EVERYONE knew we had won by a point, it was even broadcast on the local radio station that we'd won!! Ref gave it as a draw and we got relegated. Don't get me wrong that alone didn't put us down but I do think it had a bearing on matters...
[/quote]
But weren't we relegated by a point.  Crucial.  Even an aquired recording of the game at which every score was accounted for did nothing to change the ref's/county board's mind.  But we had some very poor performances last year in games tha were very winable.

Smokin Joe

Keady beat Ballyhegan by 2 in the Intermediate Championship.

Joxer

Cullaville 1-7  Sarsfields 0-2 at Half time

EDIT:  5 Left.  Sarsfields 2-7  Cullaville 1-9

crossfire

How did the culloville / sarsfield game end ?

fitzroyalty

Smokin Joe

Are there any Championship games on tomorrow?

crossfire

Silverbridge play St Michaels in Cullyhanna at 2.00pm. IFC

slievegullion

Was that Cullaville Sarsfields game in the league or IFC?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Championship. Big result for Culloville. Should go on and the championship now. Would be heartbreaking for them to lose another final. Certain to be one, and possibly 2, divison 1 teams in the IFC next year again. Its a farce.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

nutsy--1

was at the two championship games yesterday, a different quality in the two matches, Cullaville will have the favourites tag for the championship. Number 14 for sarsfields had a great game won every ball put near him and took a few scores and cullaville number 17 done well coming on.

fitzroyalty

Sarsfields contributed to their own downfall by not showing in the first half, 2 pts i think they managed while cullaville blitzed them scoring something like 1-7. good fightback in second half though too little too late, they missed richie stevenson too much and playing two big men in full forward didn't really work. i'd say tones will fancy their chances against culloville but they would be the favourites now for the title.

crossfire

Quote from: slievegullion on August 09, 2009, 12:49:54 AM
Was that Cullaville Sarsfields game in the league or IFC?

You are really on the ball.!! ::)