Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

QuoteDavid Allen Green

@davidallengreen
·
18m

Like many lawyers, this ain't the first 500 page legal document.

Any comments at this stage, even after the first read-through, by *anybody* will still be superficial.

Too much to digest too quickly

Not for Jamie Bryson. He has now read it twice and has moved onto gathering an army.  ;)

trailer

A 2nd referendum is most likely.
A GE is unlikely - due to the fixed term parliament act 2/3rds of MPs must vote a GE and Conservatives are unlikely to do that.
Changing the Leader of the Tory party ain't going to solve anything either. Even if someone like Rees-Mogg were elected (unlikely) Parliament won't allow a No-Deal Brexit. Therefore another vote - next summer is most likely.

Sheugh Water

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2018, 02:16:27 PM
Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 15, 2018, 02:08:00 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on November 15, 2018, 01:53:43 PM
Quote from: Franko on November 15, 2018, 01:30:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2018, 12:12:32 PM
Quote from: mouview on November 15, 2018, 11:39:27 AM
Quote from: seafoid on November 15, 2018, 10:00:41 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on November 15, 2018, 09:52:07 AM
The Brexit minister Raab has resigned.
It is rather alarming that he is using NI as an excuse, rather than his own stupidity.

The Tory party is going to tear itself apart

But what's going to fill the vacuum? Impossible to see it being Labour under Corbyn. Will a new centre-right group emerge?

According to Luciana Berger MP ,a new poll suggests 63% want a second vote. Corbyn doesn't. If he gets in the way he might be shafted. Labour would walk a GE.

Brexit as a process is like the « new GAA manager for a struggling county «
model. New hope, some of it unrealistic builds up. There might be an O Byrne cup win. Eventually the model meets reality. A hammering in Croke Park.

Would have agreed with this a few months back but now I'm not so sure.  Since he won the leadership, every fibre of me is willing Corbyn to do well as I feel he is a decent man.  But I now get the feeling that he's happy to let the UK go to ruin with a no deal Brexit so he can step in and rebuild it his way.  I'm afraid that's not something I could support.

And like I say, I started out as a fan.

I'd be fairly much of the same view in relation to Corbyn. He is in politics for all the right reasons but is he the man that is going to guard against the economic catastrophe that would ensue follwoing a no deal? I don't think so.

All we need to know about Corbyn is that he doesn't care at all about Ireland

Are you drinking that water!

Prove otherwise.

sid waddell

Brexit = Poochie.

Except this time the writers are refusing to kill Poochie off.

Worst episode in British politics EVER.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 15, 2018, 02:43:24 PM
It is rather alarming that he is using NI as an excuse, rather than his own stupidity.

But what's going to fill the vacuum? Impossible to see it being Labour under Corbyn. Will a new centre-right group emerge?

According to Luciana Berger MP ,a new poll suggests 63% want a second vote. Corbyn doesn't. If he gets in the way he might be shafted. Labour would walk a GE.

model. New hope, some of it unrealistic builds up. There might be an O Byrne cup win. Eventually the model meets reality. A hammering in Croke Park.

Would have agreed with this a few months back but now I'm not so sure.  Since he won the leadership, every fibre of me is willing Corbyn to do well as I feel he is a decent man.  But I now get the feeling that he's happy to let the UK go to ruin with a no deal Brexit so he can step in and rebuild it his way.  I'm afraid that's not something I could support.

I'd be fairly much of the same view in relation to Corbyn. He is in politics for all the right reasons but is he the man that is going to guard against the economic catastrophe that would ensue follwoing a no deal? I don't think so.

Prove otherwise.
Quote from: Sheugh Water on November 15, 2018, 02:43:24 PM

Prove otherwise.

Prove he doesn't care.

sid waddell

Get your souvenir Brexit mugs!

yellowcard

Brexit mugs, blue passports and Brexit memorative 50p coins. Throw a free pair of 'precious union' underwear in as a bonus.  That should be enough to keep the DUP and the hard Brexiteers happy.

Rossfan

Brits meet real world and can't handle it ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ronnie

There better not be any trouble at this NI v ROI match or I'll be pissed off.

Orior

Quote from: Ronnie on November 15, 2018, 03:41:36 PM

Or the next Derry v Donegal match.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Walter Cronc

Wheres it at? The huns wouldn't have the balls to start trouble in Dublin. Maybe an isolated GAA pitch on the way up the road

seafoid

sillygirl
@silygirl99
Replying to
@mikenesbittni
and
@ElaineYoung94
TM just made another mistake in House of Commons. she called Sammy Wilson an "honorable gentleman "....she mustn't know him too long...
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

yellowcard

Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 15, 2018, 03:56:01 PM

Wheres it at? The huns wouldn't have the balls to start trouble in Dublin. Maybe an isolated GAA pitch on the way up the road

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9tatN3UTJk

I'm sure there will be a few yobs attracted to this fixture tonight and not for footballing reasons, wouldn't want to be on a Translink train this evening anyway.   

yellowcard

This quote from Robert Harris just about sums it all up:

'No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy.'

I would also add to that a few media moguls with close ties to the Tory party. Let history be the judge of it. 

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on November 15, 2018, 04:19:51 PM
This quote from Robert Harris just about sums it all up:

'No group of politicians has done more damage to this country than the 50 or so hardline Tory Brexiteers. They have infected the UK with their poison, concealed their real aims, evaded all responsibility, & now knife their own leader for failing to deliver their fantasy.'

I would also add to that a few media moguls with close ties to the Tory party. Let history be the judge of it.
England basically got led down the garden path. For 2 and a half years. It is really incredible.
And the DUP was offered sweets by a man in a car wearing a union jack bowler hat. The DUP got into the car without telling its parents.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU