Worst GAA club team in Ulster

Started by general_lee, July 21, 2015, 10:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

maybe the biggest underachivers would be a better way to go . like Knockmore in mayo who have never won a club all-ireland
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

delgany

Themac23  just to clarify  thanks for support  for lisburn gaels.      Points  to note :  money wise : self sufficient!  Two new kits for senior ladies & mens teams in 2015  sponsored by local businesses.   We are supported by local council and representatives.   We have lost some players to bigger clubs-but we are standing up to this ! Biggest problem is lack of commitment  from u16 to 18s- most clubs are experiencing the same.     2015  is the 50th anniversary of formation of st patricks gfc  .a new club history dating back to origins of gaa in lisburn will be published later this year. ( the 2nd ulster football final was played in lisburn in1890)   were not setting the gaa world alight with success  but se are working hard to develop our games in local primaries and in partnership with other clubs in the area.

StGallsGAA

General Lee, you are on the wrong board.   Your school mates will be on the Hogan Stand.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: themac_23 on July 21, 2015, 12:59:08 PM
these are the real heroes of the GAA the people with pride in their own community, a committee who probably do everything from was the kit to cutting the grass to taking teams all this with little or no money in terms of sponsorship, everything coming out of player and member pockets to keep the club ticking over year after year with little or no chance of any real glory. They are the people i really admire in the GAA and when its all stripped back, for me thats what the GAA is about, keeping the pride in the community going,

This - a thousand times this.

I know Mullabrack got mentioned, and one of the heroes of the GAA for me was the late, great Iggy Mallon, who along with a few others kept the GAA flag flying in a corner of our County against overwhelming odds. I recall a good number of years ago bumping into the Mullabrack Senior Team after yet another early Championship exit, and they were being treated to a couple of sodas by the Club. With a few beverages in me, I told Iggy that he was an absolute hero for keeping it going. "Well you've got to do your bit" was his unassuming and modest response. 

I'd like to think by the way that the General's idea for the thread was more ill-thought than actually attempting to be sneering in manner.

Christmas Lights

Quote from: delgany on July 21, 2015, 03:07:06 PM
Themac23  just to clarify  thanks for support  for lisburn gaels.      Points  to note :  money wise : self sufficient!  Two new kits for senior ladies & mens teams in 2015  sponsored by local businesses.   We are supported by local council and representatives.   We have lost some players to bigger clubs-but we are standing up to this ! Biggest problem is lack of commitment  from u16 to 18s- most clubs are experiencing the same.     2015  is the 50th anniversary of formation of st patricks gfc  .a new club history dating back to origins of gaa in lisburn will be published later this year. ( the 2nd ulster football final was played in lisburn in1890)   were not setting the gaa world alight with success  but se are working hard to develop our games in local primaries and in partnership with other clubs in the area.

Good to hear this, Im based in Lisburn at present.  Encouraging to hear that the GAA club in Lisburn is trying to promote the GAA through the primary schools.  That's they key, get the interest going early.

themac_23

Quote from: delgany on July 21, 2015, 03:07:06 PM

Delgany i wasn't having a go at Lisburn at all, was just an example that sprung to mind of a club which is doing great work without the so called glory that people think, what i was saying was clubs like yourselves, to me are what its all about and not clubs who have everything at their feet, if you thought i was having a go i apologise.

general_lee

Jesus some boys would need to lighten up a wee bit. Is the menstrual cycle synchronised on this board?  :-*

It's a simple question. Who are the worst teams in each county. Worth noting being crap ≠ being a small struggling club. Not having a swipe at good GAA folk who keep the flag flying.

Quote from: StGallsGAA on July 21, 2015, 03:14:07 PM
General Lee, you are on the wrong board.   Your school mates will be on the Hogan Stand.
and you comment on this thread without a hint of irony, fair play. If your club didn't poach all round it the world would be a better place!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

Quote from: general_lee on July 21, 2015, 10:20:32 AM
Was having this discussion with a few lads last week after Armagh were bate. Trying in jest to think of a club that would take one of our more portly acquaintances. We reckon in Armagh right now it is probably O'Hanlon's, with honourable mentions for Corrinshego, Mullabrack, phelim bradys and Killeen. The last 3 have all folded. The overall standard of football in Armagh is at best average so we think we might have a contender. I've heard tales of dromintee-esque attire in games in Co Down, though they possibly face stiff competition from Co Antrim?

That's Poyntzpass for the uninitiated. The current Pass club has been on the go since 1977 as far as I know, which is pretty good going. Whilst we haven't reached the senior league yet, we're expecting other big names to join us. At which point we will rocket to Armagh and Ulster glory.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Nigel White

Was having this discussion with a few lads last week after Armagh were bate. Trying in jest to think of a club that would take one of our more portly acquaintances. We reckon in Armagh right now it is probably O'Hanlon's, with honourable mentions for Corrinshego, Mullabrack, phelim bradys and Killeen. The last 3 have all folded. The overall standard of football in Armagh is at best average so we think we might have a contender. I've heard tales of dromintee-esque attire in games in Co Down, though they possibly face stiff competition from Co Antrim?
What a load of uninformed shite. Corrinshego have just built a new pitch and have massive development plans built on proposed population increases in their catchement area as new housing is built. If you're going to start spouting, at least do it from a position of understanding

general_lee

Quote from: Nigel White on July 21, 2015, 09:56:54 PM
What a load of uninformed shite. Corrinshego have just built a new pitch and have massive development plans built on proposed population increases in their catchement area as new housing is built. If you're going to start spouting, at least do it from a position of understanding
See, even the big clubs like Corringshego get a touch.