Previous topic - Next topic

Boycey

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 01, 2015, 08:46:56 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on September 01, 2015, 08:32:42 PM
This is getting tiresome at this point

http://www.rte.ie/sport/boxing/2015/0901/724983-andy-lee/

Obviously the ticket weren't moving in Manchester either

::)

It'll be a hard fight to sell for a third time.
I assume it'll just be added to the Crolla bill?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2015, 08:49:51 PM

That'll be a Matchroom event. I can't see Frank Warren giving up the fight to a Eddie Hearn card.
That was never a square ball!!

Boycey

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 01, 2015, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: Boycey on September 01, 2015, 08:49:51 PM

That'll be a Matchroom event. I can't see Frank Warren giving up the fight to a Eddie Hearn card.

Is it indeed, guess I'm out of my depth  ;D.

Declan

A long read but fascinating and really shows how corrupt elite level boxing is

http://www.sbnation.com/longform/2015/9/9/9271811/can-boxing-trust-usada

nrico2006

Boxing has been a joke for a long time with the way people avoid this fight and that one, but Mayweathers 'final' fight is taking the biscuit.  This is a man who usually runs his opponents down, brags about himself yet he has picked such an unworthy fighter that he has had to resort to trying to brag about his opponents achievements simply to make him seem like a credible opponent.  Unbelievable. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

muppet

Quote from: Declan on September 10, 2015, 07:59:38 AM

Shows what a joke boxing is.

But this sounds familiar in another sport and a recent statement: "USADA did later advise the NSAC that Mayweather's medical team told its agents that the IV was administered to address concerns related to dehydration."
MWWSI 2017

JimStynes

Quote from: muppet on September 10, 2015, 10:12:38 AM
Quote from: Declan on September 10, 2015, 07:59:38 AM

Shows what a joke boxing is.

But this sounds familiar in another sport and a recent statement: "USADA did later advise the NSAC that Mayweather's medical team told its agents that the IV was administered to address concerns related to dehydration.[/u]"

Only after posting that same link in the doping thread.  Mayweather has some cheek calling people out about doping when he is likely at it himself.

JimStynes

omaghjoe

Interesting stuff there about drugs and boxing... and Mayweather. While not an expert of boxing nutrition or rehydration methods I would have just have thought the drip was just a means of rehydration but apparently not a very effective one according to the article

Anyway I have an on going debate/ discussion with a fella about Mayweather v GGG. He reckons its stupid idea as Golovkin is way bigger naturally than Mayweather and that it would not be fair on Mayweather.  I always counter that while that may be true you fight what the challenge is and there is none out there for him, and besides Canelo hydrates to a heavier weight than Golovkin and Mayweather had no problem fighting him. He counters back that I only want it to see Mayweather get beat (which is prob true!). But I dont think that its as ridiculous as proposition as he is making out. The real BS going around at the moment is the Rhonda Rousey v a Man.

Anyway Mayweather has had his last fight he has declared (only no one believes it). So who is now the top P4P fighter then?? My vote goes to Roman Gonzalez.

tyroneboi

George Groves beat in his 3rd world title fight at the weekend as well! Is he just not up to that world level? Not sure what his options are now he will probably have to go crawling to James DeGale and take the fight on whatever terms he gives him. I can't see him beating DeGale. A move back to Adam Booth might be his best option too although not sure what the fall out was about there?

CiKe

Quote from: tyroneboi on September 14, 2015, 08:52:27 AM
George Groves beat in his 3rd world title fight at the weekend as well! Is he just not up to that world level? Not sure what his options are now he will probably have to go crawling to James DeGale and take the fight on whatever terms he gives him. I can't see him beating DeGale. A move back to Adam Booth might be his best option too although not sure what the fall out was about there?

Nope, doesn't seem up to it at highest level. Doesn't have the engine and without truly concussive power he seems is always likely to struggle in the championship rounds

BennyHarp

Quote from: CiKe on September 14, 2015, 10:45:44 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on September 14, 2015, 08:52:27 AM

Nope, doesn't seem up to it at highest level. Doesn't have the engine and without truly concussive power he seems is always likely to struggle in the championship rounds

Hasn't been the same since he was cobra'd in front of 80,000 people at Wembley  ;)

BennyHarp

Apparently strong rumours that Quigg v Frampton is close to being announced! Fingers crossed!

WT4E

I see the Klitchko Fury fight is off - apparently to do with an injury to Klitchko.

Is there any chance Klitchko wanted out as the conference descended into such a farce he can't be bothered beating Fury?

nrico2006

Quote from: WT4E on September 25, 2015, 02:04:08 PM
I see the Klitchko Fury fight is off - apparently to do with an injury to Klitchko.

Is there any chance Klitchko wanted out as the conference descended into such a farce he can't be bothered beating Fury?

Either that is the case or he is afraid of losing, or he is actually injured.  Is there any impartial verification of injuries in the cases when fights are called off?  It will be rescheduled anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'