Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 02:30:51 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 01:52:53 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 12:53:13 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on September 11, 2015, 11:19:06 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 11:06:15 AM
Quote from: redhandefender on September 11, 2015, 08:41:19 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 10, 2015, 10:32:37 PM
Quote from: longballin on September 10, 2015, 09:41:19 PM
Not great for players profile either or chance of sponsorship deals. Why not let them speak and if Mickey doesn't want to speak to RTE so be it? I don't buy that players have decided, they know they can't step out of the line. Players speak to RTE after they leave the panel anyway

The players would seem to back their manager, I wouldn't imagine Sean Cavanagh would be too keen on giving RTE the time of day with the way he has been portrayed by some of their people over the years, nor would Tiernan McCann or Justin McMahon. Joe McMahon came out a couple of years back with a reminder to people the merits of why they don't speak.

The panel of players seem to be a very tight bunch and have a lot of respect and gratitude for Harte which is good to see. I'm pretty sure they're happy to be playing football and aren't too worried about dealing with RTE and would actually feel quite resentful towards them for how they have been depicted.

I think the nonsense being peddled by some here about pressure from sponsors is lads with some sort of axe to grind, I think Harte and the panel are doing the right thing on a matter of principle. RTE have treated the Harte family, Tyrone players and the wider Tyrone GAA community disgracefully so f**k them.

McAleer and Rushe have had plenty of exposure this year from a run to an All Ireland semi-final, I'm sure they're more than happy with that performance. Sad and disappointing to see some people using unconfirmed "sponsor pressure" as a proxy to push an agenda against Harte. How about they show some respect and understanding?

I think you will find I said Mickey is the man for the job and I fully support him staying put. But you are an absolutely deluded armchair fan if you don't understand the money needed today even at club level to compete.

Sponsors weren't happy, end off! You can say they got exposure....they got this.....they got that.... it doesn't matter! Sponsors are simply not lining up anymore and in order to get one a player needs to be available to speak to the media!

I am all for your "f**k the rest, c'mon tyrone" sentiments but in reality money talks and bulls**t walks. Start walking my friend

I am aware of the costs but I don't happen to believe all this "sponsor pressure" bluster that is being bandied about. I'm sure the sponsors are more than happy with the fact their logo and brand were carried by one of the top 4 teams in the country this year rather than missing out on a two minute air time after the game which most people have switched over.

I happen to believe there is no sponsor pressure and people are only using this to push their agenda against Harte.

So no matter how many people say that there is pressure from the sponsers and give reasons why they believe that to be the case, youre just adamant that its all made up. Nobody is arguing that Harte is the best man for the job in a footballing sense, but he cannot have the final say on everything within the county. As has been stated a lot of money is needed to run a county team, McAleer and Rushe are putting a lot of money forward and arent getting the exposure they signed up for. An agreement was made at the start of the year that players would speak to RTE, this never happened. Promises have been broken by the management. This is why a 1 year deal is the best option, if he tows the line then im sure another year wouldnt be a problem.

Yes, simply because there is nothing more than bluster behind it. What do you know about the money McAleer and Rushe are putting forward?

They are sponsoring the Tyrone GAA team, the best exposure they can get is by Tyrone being successful, All Ireland U21 champions this year, All Ireland Senior semi-finalists. 12 live telelived games across senior and u21 football during the year. That's been fantastic exposure for them. Meanwhile you and others are on here trying to concoct ructions between the sponsors and their view on the team. Why would two minutes of air time be such a major issue for them with one broadcasters they don't co-operate with. RTE only covered two of those games this year. 

So after a highly successful year for Tyrone during which McAleer and Rushe have received hundreds and hundreds of minutes of airtime with their brand and logo carried across TV stations, they are throwing the toys out of the prams because of the 5 minutes they would have lost to the two games covered on RTE this year?

Come back down to reality and look at what you're saying. If we do have sponsors who are behaving like that, which I don't for one second believe to be the case, then we're better off shot of them.

From what i hear they have already withheld some of the monies which they were due to pay as they feel contractual obligations have not been met. These 5 minutes of air time which you dismiss so easily are a big part of why the sponers would sign up in the 1st place, coverage of their name and Logo on the national broadcaster.

And if you seriously think i sit about and think of stories to concoct to somehow cause ructions (as you put it) then you are an extremly deluded individual. Maybe we just talk to different people.

From what you're hear, so loose talk and innuendo is what you're basing this one?

There has been nothing concrete at all to these murmurs about and I am of the firm belief they are only in place to somehow undermine Harte.

Tyrone had 12 televised games this year between u21 and senior, that's 10 matches of 70 mins + of their logo being all over the screen, 2 matches of 60 mins + of their logo being all over the screen. The broadcaster Harte doesn't speak with only covered two of the games. Instead of cribbing over the five minutes or so they missed out on RTE they should be delighted with the performance of Tyrone and coverage they have received as a result of their extended run in the Championship, the bonus of being associated with a winning U21 teams.

How many other sponsors have got the same level of exposure as McAleer and Rushe have got this year? 2 or 3 at most in the football season, it makes absolutely zero sense that the sponsors should be making such a big deal of a minute matter, they have got a very good return for their money.

Here's James Horan being interviewed by RTE. Where is there any sign of Elverys?

Here's Jim Gavin, where does AIG feature?

You are completely clueless and have the business acumen of Del Boy Trotter. Concocting stories? wise up, you are the sensationalist one on here hyperventilating about the county board wanting to talk to a manager prior to giving him the hot seat for another year. There is no conspiracy theory or anyone making up anything. This issue is widely known in the media. As you clearly don't have a commercial brain cell out of the 2 you possess myself and a few others have tried to point out the singular glaring issue which needs addressed.

Its clears now it is not going in however so by replying I am adding to you blowing this thing out of proportion. Thanks God you aren't involved with the County Board.........or maybe you are....that would explain a few things

You seem to be the one completely clueless.

There is no concrete evidence that there is any problem with the sponsor, just loose talk from psuedo corporate honchos like yourself.

I would imagine the sponsors are much more concerned with other aspects of the business that micro-managing the cost effectiveness of a sponsorship deal they have. What you are effectively saying is that the sponsors are throwing their toys out of the pram because over four or five minutes of coverage they missed out on, which in a lot of cases don't even bear the sponsor logos of the team members being interviewed.

I am the one looking at this from a logical point of view, I would say McAleer and Rushe are happy enough with the exposure they have gotten off Tyrone this year for the money they have paid. I would not say they would be cribbing over five minutes of coverage with one broadcaster where their logo would probably not even be displayed.

But seeing as you envisage yourself as some sort of rural Donald Trump I will await your next corporate lesson.

redhandefender

are you thick? Concrete evidence, they aren't going to wash their dirty laundry in the public domain. You seem to be the only one in the county who doesn't know what's going on. Try buying something other than farmers weekly or your subscription to "conspiracy theories today".

Its a simple issue, but vital to the sponsor for a number of reasons. If you don't understand you don't understand fair enough. Its 4pm on a Friday I'm already on my computer too long, time to get a rub down from the secretary and crack open the bubbly. I'm sure its time for you to go and watch the X-files the truth is out there!

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: redhandefender on September 11, 2015, 03:52:47 PM
are you thick? Concrete evidence, they aren't going to wash their dirty laundry in the public domain. You seem to be the only one in the county who doesn't know what's going on. Try buying something other than farmers weekly or your subscription to "conspiracy theories today".

Its a simple issue, but vital to the sponsor for a number of reasons. If you don't understand you don't understand fair enough. Its 4pm on a Friday I'm already on my computer too long, time to get a rub down from the secretary and crack open the bubbly. I'm sure its time for you to go and watch the X-files the truth is out there!

I think you're the one who has been watching too much X-Files when you're the one taking something without a shred of evidence as fact. You haven't been able to make any cognitive points as to why the sponsors would be putting so much pressure on in this regard.

- Tyrone had 12 games this year televised live, two of which were on RTE
- They won the All Ireland U21 Championship and reached the semis of the senior Championship

Is that not great exposure for McAleer and Rushe? Why would they be throwing the toys out of the pram over a probable sum total of five minutes of interviews with RTE where their logo in most likelihood won't even be visible as I've illustrated above? How about you address these points rather than passing off unqualified bluster as facts.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 06:09:27 PM

I think you're the one who has been watching too much X-Files when you're the one taking something without a shred of evidence as fact. You haven't been able to make any cognitive points as to why the sponsors would be putting so much pressure on in this regard.

- They won the All Ireland U21 Championship and reached the semis of the senior Championship

Is that not great exposure for McAleer and Rushe? Why would they be throwing the toys out of the pram over a probable sum total of five minutes of interviews with RTE where their logo in most likelihood won't even be visible as I've illustrated above? How about you address these points rather than passing off unqualified bluster as facts.

The post match interviews are the money shots. It's subliminal advertising. The logo is on the screen in a stationary position for several minutes while a manager or player is talking and the company is getting massive exposure. There's a massive difference between that and the logo on jerseys which are constantly moving at high speed and are barely registered by viewers. That's why post match soccer interviews on sky and match of the day have so many companies vying for advertising space.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 11, 2015, 06:18:59 PM

The post match interviews are the money shots. It's subliminal advertising. The logo is on the screen in a stationary position for several minutes while a manager or player is talking and the company is getting massive exposure. There's a massive difference between that and the logo on jerseys which are constantly moving at high speed and are barely registered by viewers. That's why post match soccer interviews on sky and match of the day have so many companies vying for advertising space.

That's not true, look at an interview with McGuinness here, the sponsors logo doesn't come into shot at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsA7gwN4DyI

Were Donegal Creameries shouting the odds at the Donegal County Board over the way their kits were designed and not showing their logo?

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 06:33:23 PM

That's not true, look at an interview with McGuinness here, the sponsors logo doesn't come into shot at all.

Were Donegal Creameries shouting the odds at the Donegal County Board over the way their kits were designed and not showing their logo?
It certainly is true, ask anyone who works in advertising. Donegal creameries may or may not have complained but they more than likely werent too happy. The point is companies pay a lot of money for the advertising and want max exposure. For Harte to continue his boycott of rte is one thing but to bully the players and backroom team into not appearing for interview is quite another. If the sponsors walk it will be very interesting to see how the county board deal with harte.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on September 11, 2015, 06:57:46 PM

It certainly is true, ask anyone who works in advertising. Donegal creameries may or may not have complained but they more than likely werent too happy. The point is companies pay a lot of money for the advertising and want max exposure. For Harte to continue his boycott of rte is one thing but to bully the players and backroom team into not appearing for interview is quite another. If the sponsors walk it will be very interesting to see how the county board deal with harte.

The players would seem to support Harte on this matter, the truth for me is more that they have an awful lot of respect for Harte and that's probably the main reason they are in sync with it.

lenny

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 07:05:24 PM

The players would seem to support Harte on this matter, the truth for me is more that they have an awful lot of respect for Harte and that's probably the main reason they are in sync with it.

They dont seem to have as much respect for him after they finish playing. Whats the chances of sean cavanagh being on the sunday game in a couple of years time? I'd say pretty high. It says a lot when players like mcmenamin and mcguigan are happy to be on the sunday game not long after getting away from harte.

Disillusioned

I think there is a mistake with many posters considering that the sponsors wish to advertise via the logos, etc being shown on TV and media.  If this was the case then McAleer Rushe wouldn't be the sponsors because no one wanting to build a £15-20 million project would be watching the football or analysis and be drawn to employ them.  In the same way AIG are not expecting greater insurance sales because they work with Dublin.  The bigger sponsors and more corporate entities such as McAleer Rushe are there for brand association, PR and developing thier corporate image, etc.  Students of PR would be able to give a more detailed explanation.

The problem with the current setup is that the sponsors are not getting this deal when their team they are sponsoring are not appearing in the media through giving interviews etc.  A further issue is that while AIG, Kerry Group and Elverys are getting corporate association with teams which are being portrayed as top athletes in their sport by the media and TV analysis.  McAleer and Rushe are being associated with a team regarded by the TV and media as the cheats of their sport prepared to cheat and foul their way to success.  This media bias has a definite evidence base which has been highlighted by the media whereas the other top teams don't have the same problem because they meet the demands of the media by cooperating and feeding them with the interviews and access that they require.

So while the situation would have been no problem for WJ Dolan who was happy to see the jersey on TV, the sponsorship by McAleer Rushe is required to provide a more sophisticated return for the company than is possible with the current battle in which the team manager and players are currently embroiled.

Think about the value that the relevant sponsors are gaining from the media performances of the Kerry, Dublin and Mayo managers in how they present themselves on TV and to the media.  Are McAleer Rushe getting the same value for the tens of thousands they are pouring into the Tyrone coffers.  When a media night for Tyrone amounts to the manager and his nephew answering questions to media willing to make it to the wilds of Tyrone in Garvaghey, sponsors are not being provided with a good return.  While Fergal Lindsay does his best to manage the PR for Tyrone, you can be assured that he has at least one arm tied behind his back and cannot match the machine that is Dublin, Kerry or Mayo when it comes to being able to attract media outlets to such evenings and portraying his county in the best possible light and feeding the journalists with the information and quotes that they crave.

In the modern world sponsors want brand association, what have Tyrone sponsors got this year in return for their investment?
The global warming scenario is pretty grim. I'm not sure I like the idea of polar bears under a palm

rrhf

Quote from: lenny on September 11, 2015, 08:08:07 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 11, 2015, 07:05:24 PM

They dont seem to have as much respect for him after they finish playing. Whats the chances of sean cavanagh being on the sunday game in a couple of years time? I'd say pretty high. It says a lot when players like mcmenamin and mcguigan are happy to be on the sunday game not long after getting away from harte.
Silly thought process. These guys have mortgages to pay and are in demand and are much more knowledgable than Spillane brolly and o rourke.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Disillusioned on September 11, 2015, 08:15:43 PM
I think there is a mistake with many posters considering that the sponsors wish to advertise via the logos, etc being shown on TV and media.  If this was the case then McAleer Rushe wouldn't be the sponsors because no one wanting to build a £15-20 million project would be watching the football or analysis and be drawn to employ them.  In the same way AIG are not expecting greater insurance sales because they work with Dublin.  The bigger sponsors and more corporate entities such as McAleer Rushe are there for brand association, PR and developing thier corporate image, etc.  Students of PR would be able to give a more detailed explanation.

The problem with the current setup is that the sponsors are not getting this deal when their team they are sponsoring are not appearing in the media through giving interviews etc.  A further issue is that while AIG, Kerry Group and Elverys are getting corporate association with teams which are being portrayed as top athletes in their sport by the media and TV analysis.  McAleer and Rushe are being associated with a team regarded by the TV and media as the cheats of their sport prepared to cheat and foul their way to success.  This media bias has a definite evidence base which has been highlighted by the media whereas the other top teams don't have the same problem because they meet the demands of the media by cooperating and feeding them with the interviews and access that they require.

So while the situation would have been no problem for WJ Dolan who was happy to see the jersey on TV, the sponsorship by McAleer Rushe is required to provide a more sophisticated return for the company than is possible with the current battle in which the team manager and players are currently embroiled.

Think about the value that the relevant sponsors are gaining from the media performances of the Kerry, Dublin and Mayo managers in how they present themselves on TV and to the media.  Are McAleer Rushe getting the same value for the tens of thousands they are pouring into the Tyrone coffers.  When a media night for Tyrone amounts to the manager and his nephew answering questions to media willing to make it to the wilds of Tyrone in Garvaghey, sponsors are not being provided with a good return.  While Fergal Lindsay does his best to manage the PR for Tyrone, you can be assured that he has at least one arm tied behind his back and cannot match the machine that is Dublin, Kerry or Mayo when it comes to being able to attract media outlets to such evenings and portraying his county in the best possible light and feeding the journalists with the information and quotes that they crave.

In the modern world sponsors want brand association, what have Tyrone sponsors got this year in return for their investment?

Fergal, Eunan, Jack, what the fcuk is his name anyway?

T Fearon

Harte,because of his relative success (1 All Ireland and 2 Backdoors) seems to have the same undue influence as Ferguson did at Man Utd,in that he is virtually unsackable.This is not good for any sporting team,as the aftermath of Ferguson's reign is now proving

Throw ball

The problem that Tyrone have is that sponsors are business men. If they have a reason to withhold payment to Tyrone they will. The non interviews with RTE give them a reason. Tyrone could be relying on their sponsors being more concerned with how the county team is doing than trying to save their company money. It is very rare for this trait to be evident with successful businessmen.

BennyHarp

Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2015, 08:13:51 AM
Harte,because of his relative success (1 All Ireland and 2 Backdoors) seems to have the same undue influence as Ferguson did at Man Utd,in that he is virtually unsackable.This is not good for any sporting team,as the aftermath of Ferguson's reign is now proving

For someone who invests so much time and effort trying to wind people up, this must be a milestone in embarrassing attempts for you Tony.
But I acknowledge your admiration for Mickey by making the connection between himself and Ferguson, who many regard to be the greatest manager English football has ever produced.
That was never a square ball!!

reddgnhand

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 12, 2015, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 12, 2015, 08:13:51 AM

For someone who invests so much time and effort trying to wind people up, this must be a milestone in embarrassing attempts for you Tony.
But I acknowledge your admiration for Mickey by making the connection between himself and Ferguson, who many regard to be the greatest manager English football has ever produced.

He's a product of Scottish football by the way.