Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

How about a points deduction the following season?

on the sideline

Quote from: StGallsGAA on October 18, 2015, 09:01:22 PM
How about a points deduction the following season?

Or losing home games the following year? Might be bit harsh, but I guarantee teams will field.

Norf Tyrone

I hear 3 teams in hat. Two pulled out to play each other. Winner is safe and the losers play rock. The 3rd team is safe.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

I hear now it's Rock v Urney to see who goes down. Urney at home that is.

on the sideline

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2015, 09:43:24 PM

How did they come up with that?! :o

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: on the sideline on October 18, 2015, 10:07:07 PM

No idea. They had that on the website half a hour ago.

It's now deleted.

Short answer is that I've no idea who plays who!

on the sideline

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 18, 2015, 10:10:43 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on October 18, 2015, 10:07:07 PM

No idea. They had that on the website half a hour ago.

It's now deleted.

Short answer is that I've no idea who plays who!

Some mess! Can't see any other way out of other than playoffs. First two teams out of hat to play each other, winner safe.  Losers play third team - with winners of that safe in Division 2 as well, and losers to play Rock at home in the 2nd vrs 3rd bottom playoff. With losers there relegated and winners playing the winners of the division 3 playoff.

If they play the games at the weekends that's another month of football!

tyroneboi

Division 3 play off 'final' next week so they'll be twiddling their thumbs for a good couple of weeks waiting on the division 2 side.

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roes v Tatts next Sunday in Newtownstewart followed by Gortin v Urney. Loser of the Gortin/ Urney game plays Rock I think.

WT4E

In fairness you have to say that this looks very poorly on the rock club! They showed no respect for anyone! They'll go down to division 3 when the game gets eventually played and good riddance I say!

TF15

What was Rock's rationale behind not fielding? Avoiding injuries?

WT4E

Don't know what excuse they could give but given the fact that they are in a serious relegation scrap you would imagine if they were serious about staying up they could have done with a competitive game to prepare for the upcoming playoff! If not ... I'd be sending that ballinderry prat down the road now and tell him not to come back! Poor form!!!!

Norf Tyrone

Sent out tonight.

Due to the three-way tie in division two, in accordance with T.O R6.20(4), a play-off draw was made at tonight's meeting of CCC.  The draw is as follows: Gortin will play Urney with the winners retaining their status and the losers going to play Loughmacrory; the winners of Gortin/Urney V Loughmacrory will retain their status and the losers will play Rock.

Stay On the Endline

Division 1 League semis should be 2 good ties.

Dromore v Carrickmore
Clonoe v Errigal

Dromore going very strong in League but Carrickmore have also come very strong.

parttimeexile

The whole thing is a mess. Gortin are at a disadvantage because the Rock did not field, that has to be wrong. If gortin had played the rock and had managed to beat them they would now be safe. As it stands some of these teams could end up playing 4 games to determine if they are to stay in Division 2. They are making the rules up as they go along!