Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Trap

A day for upsets with Trillick beating Coalisland and Coleraine beating Ballinderry........great to see these things can happen as football can be too predictable at club and county!

redhandofgod

Coalisland were totally toothless and clueless up front! Trillick much the better team throughout.

tyroneboi

Fiannas eyes were on 11th October as opposed to 27th September from talking to a few island men during the week.

Legoman5

The pace that trillick move he ball outa defence is impressive,Has to be one of the quickest half back lines in Tyrone of Niall Donnelly, Rory Brennan and Ruairi Kelly!! And up front they have some extremely talented players!
In sayin this I'm going for a close final but I think Killyclogher will edge it,there win over Dromore will have gave them a massive physiological lift and I just think it's there time! Shud be a great open game!

Redhand Santa

It was a one sided game yesterday and Coalisland were poor but I really enjoyed some of the football played by Trillick. They seem to be a really well drilled team who spread the ball well and always look for the right option. As has already been said they play with great pace as was evidenced by some of the counter attacks in the second half. Mattie Donnelly was excellent and has pushed on again this year. Richie Donnelly also had a very good game apart from a couple of bad passes was surprised how much space Coalisland gave him. Ruari Kelly was very good as was 7 and Rory Brennan in defence. They also have a very potent full forward line.

Shaped up well for a good final between two good footballing teams. Killyclogher will rightfully be the favourites but could go either way. Hard to believe a team that couldn't win the intermediate last year are now in a senior final but they have a lot of young players who have obviously improved over the last year.

This years final shows teams can have a good season with numerous county players even if Tyrone get a good run. I know there was talk in recent years and earlier this year that clubs benefited from boys not playing county but with Omagh winning last year and 7 players involved in this years final it shows it doesn't have to be a massive negative.

Soup an Samajiz

Great weekend's fudball. Sean O'Neill had an immense game for Dromore and it was tough on him to miss the last kick. Killyclogher and Mark Bradley especially were superb in the first half. Cathal McCarron couldn't live with Bradley in the first half although his ball carrying out of defense, especially in the 2nd half when it was really needed, was absolutely first class. Niall Sludden didn't really get going for me. Thought the penalty was actually outside of the box and convinced that Niall Sludden should have got an easy free in the last play of the night however a few other neutrals disagreed with me. And yes, Tiernan McCann made a cod of himself again - fella has shown his antics definitely weren't just a one-off. The Dromore substitute number 18 was lucky to stay on the field, came on and kicked the ball straight over the sideline and in the very next play punched Killyclogher man just after the ball had gone right infront of the linesman.. 1 of a million talking points though from a fantastic nights football. Have really enjoyed the Championship this year.
Think like a wise person but communicate in the language of the people

Redhand Santa

Also it should be said its been a very good senior championship this year. Plenty of good games and underdog wins including Coalisland beating Clonoe, Killyclogher beating Errigal (not a massive shock but still the underdogs), Dromore taking Omagh, Killyclogher beating Dromore and then Trillick beating Coalisland. Has made for a really good championship. Hopefully we'll get a decent final now to round it off.

everymanaman

Some consolation for Dromore yesterday as they see their friends and neighbours reach the final.

The Trap

Good championship redhand santa.................how many competitive games have their been??????

One sided games:
Carmen v Omagh
Ardboe v Dromore
Errigal went missing in second half against Killyclogher
Omagh went out tamely to Dromore
Dungannon v Trillick
Donaghmore v Coalisland
Coalisland v Trillick
Greencastle v Trillick
Strabane v Killyclogher

Close games
Eglish v Greencastle
Moy v Donaghmore
Augher v Strabane
Clonoe v Coalisland
Dromore v Killyclogher

Of those you would say only the last two were of a good quality. So yes there have a few upsets but only two quality games.

The final could be a very good match and will provide another new winner in recent years. Trillick in particular have made fantastic strides this year. Remember this is a team that only got promoted via the intermediate play-offs last year.

BennyHarp

Has a team ever played in Intermediate and Senior Championship finals in consecutive years before? Or better still, lose an intermediate final then win a Senior final the following year. Fair play to Trillick, their progress is an inspiration to all clubs.
That was never a square ball!!

GaelTheGael

Fair play to Trillick all right in getting a dream run to the final.....

GJL

Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2015, 10:01:59 AM
Has a team ever played in Intermediate and Senior Championship finals in consecutive years before? Or better still, lose an intermediate final then win a Senior final the following year. Fair play to Trillick, their progress is an inspiration to all clubs.

I think it will be loose the inter and then loose the senior. Just think Killyclogher will edge it. Good luck to both.

WT4E

Looking forward to the county final as I like both clubs and its a break from the norm. May the best team win!

everymanaman

Quote from: GJL on September 28, 2015, 10:56:01 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on September 28, 2015, 10:01:59 AM

I think it will be loose the inter and then loose the senior. Just think Killyclogher will edge it. Good luck to both.

Don't think there will be anything 'loose' about Trillick. Killyclogher will rightly be favourites but it will be a tight enough affair going by both performances at the weekend.

BennyHarp

Quote from: GaelTheGael on September 28, 2015, 10:49:37 AM
Fair play to Trillick all right in getting a dream run to the final.....

I assumed this was a doubled edged compliment to Trillick - then I read this blinding piece of analysis. I assume you were aware of the "dream run" they had to the final when you wrote them off as dark horses for the championship earlier in the year?

Quote from: GaelTheGael on July 28, 2015, 05:21:26 PM
Have to say I was very dissapointed in Trillicks performance at the weekend, missing as many men as us and didn't even look like putting a game up to us. A lot of hype is being written about trillick as dark horses for the championship but I just don't see it. Mattie Donnelly and lee Brennan fine players but other than that average enough team, with their defence very vulnerable and based on the way the league is going I would fancy Greencastle to beat them. Missing 7 starters they went and beat a full strength ardboe team and by all accounts fully deserved and that is no one off with their wins against errigal and coalisland to. Hopefully they get to play trillick with their full contingent. I know I wouldn't fancy getting Greencastle in a championship semi final anyway.
That was never a square ball!!