Football All Stars 2019

Started by Estimator, August 05, 2019, 11:19:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Surely Conor Cox is worthy of one?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Cunny Funt

I reckon

S Cluxton
T O'Sullivan R McNamee J Cooper
J McCaffrey J McCarthy P Durcan
B Fenton  D Moran
S O'Brien M Murphy C O'Callaghan
D Clifford C McShane P Mannion

Dublin 7
Kerry 4
Tyrone 2
Mayo 1
Donegal 1

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2019, 09:37:09 PM
Mcshane much bigger influence than Clifford today. Not sure how well he will do in the final either - might not see much ball.
True, but Clifford being double marked, barely saw him but almost anytime he got the ball it was a score

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on August 12, 2019, 07:50:46 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 11, 2019, 09:37:09 PM
Mcshane much bigger influence than Clifford today. Not sure how well he will do in the final either - might not see much ball.
True, but Clifford being double marked, barely saw him but almost anytime he got the ball it was a score

Yeah having watched it back I underestimated his influence.

Erne Man

In my opinion, I dont think either Durcan or Murphy will have done enough to warrant All Stars this year - and would expect both to be replaced on the team above by Howard and Kilkenny respectively after the final -  on the assumption that Dublin win.
At the minute Fitzimmons has done more to merit an award than Cooper at corner back.

Given the magnitude of winning 5 in a row, I'd expect Dublin to deservedly pick up 10 or 11 this year.

thejuice

Keoghan and possibly McGill to be nominated but can't see either winning.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on August 12, 2019, 10:11:04 AM
Definitely both should get nominated. Keoghan a genuine contender, but half back is loaded so he won't get one.

Menton will get nominated too. The media have heard of him and he got a couple of great goals

greatpoint

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 11, 2019, 10:34:31 PM
I reckon

S Cluxton
T O'Sullivan R McNamee J Cooper
J McCaffrey J McCarthy P Durcan
B Fenton  D Moran
S O'Brien M Murphy C O'Callaghan
D Clifford C McShane P Mannion

Dublin 7
Kerry 4
Tyrone 2
Mayo 1
Donegal 1

It's highly unlikely that Tyrone will receive two All-Stars.

larryin89

Kerry will get the majority , champions always do.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

oliverkelly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 11, 2019, 10:18:27 PM
Surely Conor Cox is worthy of one?

If they were handed out after the Connaght Championship yes he would, but about as much chance of me getting one now as Cox

thejuice

Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2019, 10:15:12 AM
Definitely both should get nominated. Keoghan a genuine contender, but half back is loaded so he won't get one.

Menton will get nominated too. The media have heard of him and he got a couple of great goals

Not sure, he's got his name out there for getting on the scoreboard but as a midfielder he's not picking balls out of the sky enough and there's quite a few others to get nominated.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Quote from: thejuice on August 12, 2019, 10:32:58 AM
Quote from: Hound on August 12, 2019, 10:15:12 AM

Not sure, he's got his name out there for getting on the scoreboard but as a midfielder he's not picking balls out of the sky enough and there's quite a few others to get nominated.
Agree completely. But I reckon he could still get nominated. Goals grab the headlines!