Carlow v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 11, 2018, 08:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2018, 11:51:42 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 10:07:13 AM
Quote from: WT4E on June 13, 2018, 09:56:03 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 13, 2018, 07:43:51 AM
Tyrone can rack up big scores against Ulster teams alright.

So let me get this straight only scores against non ulster teams count????

2-14 against Meath this year

1-14
0-19
0-21
against non ulster teams in 2015

2-21 in 2014

Seafoid serious question - Why do you hate Tyrone so much can't understand it as you are a Galwegian.
I don't hate them. I just think they are not good enough. Racking up big scores against mediocre teams means nothing.
I thought after they got promoted in 2016 that they would kick on. I thought they might be good enough to challenge Dublin.  And they weren't.
I think they need a new approach.

I think everyone in Tyrone is acutely aware that we arent on the same level as Dublin (who is?)
We are probably a level below Kerry/Mayo also, but still capable of beating them.

What counties do rack up big scores against Dublin?

The way some on here and those in the media go on you'd think Tyrone won every game 7 points to 6

Might be best to speak for yourself. I see nothing to indicate we are on level of Kerry or Mayo and havent been for 10 years.

blewuporstuffed

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

longballin

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on June 13, 2018, 12:02:28 PM
read my post again.

Ok  fair enough though you do say we are capable of beating Mayo or Kerry which I see nothing to indicate that.

smort

Quote from: longballin on June 13, 2018, 12:17:50 PM
read my post again.

Ok  fair enough though you do say we are capable of beating Mayo or Kerry which I see nothing to indicate that.

Tyrone have already beaten Kerry and mayo this year

outsideoftheboot

read my post again.

Beat both of them comfortably in the league? surely that's an indication that its possible anyway.

Jayop

Quote from: smort on June 13, 2018, 01:20:32 PM
read my post again.

Tyrone have already beaten Kerry and mayo this year

LOL a good point well made

Jayop

I think where the various counties are at the moment is pretty obvious.

Dublin

Kerry/Mayo/Galway (yes I'd put Galway here after their league and beating Mayo again)

Tyrone/Donegal/Monaghan

Everyone else....

Rossfan

Time ye put Galway in their rightful place .......right alongside Dublin.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on June 14, 2018, 12:08:48 AM
Time ye put Galway in their rightful place .......right alongside Dublin.
plámás.  Rossie psy ops
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

RedHand88

read my post again.

Narrow championship defeats to these two teams in the last few years. We are absolutely capable of beating Kerry/Mayo.

trailer

Yeah they won a few games and got promoted out of Div 4. They've had their day in sun against Kildare. #carlowrising will become #carlowlowered Tyrone by 12.

JoG2

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 14, 2018, 08:55:33 AM
read my post again.

Narrow championship defeats to these two teams in the last few years. We are absolutely capable of beating Kerry/Mayo.

It's the hope that kills

Jayop

Quote from: JoG2 on June 14, 2018, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 14, 2018, 08:55:33 AM
read my post again.

It's the hope that kills

Would I put us as favourites against either of those teams if we managed to meet later in the year? No. Would I be surprised if we won? No.

The only team I'd regard as a shock if we beat them at the moment is Dublin. That's not at all saying I think we're better than the other top sides, just that on our day we are certainly capable.

2016 Mayo only beat us by a point after a soft red for Cavanagh and a site of bad wides.
2015 Kerry beat us by 4 in a tight game that was refereed farcically one sided with crazy blacks for us and worse fouls let away with for them. We also as usual missed a load of goal chances.

The league this year we destroyed Mayo in what was a big game for both of us and we beat Kerry in what was a crucial game for us but not so much for them iirc. I don't think Tyrone look much better or worse than they did in 2015 or 2016 but Mayo to my eye look a worse team than they were and this young Kerry side are untested but look very good.

bogball88

Carlow is under an hour on the train from Houston Station and Dr Cullen Park is a 15 minute walk from the station for anyone looking at that option

Jayop

I'm going to go to the Sligo Armagh game instead and try to get a rise out of a few Armagh bucks.