Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christmas Lights

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 16, 2019, 08:22:42 AM
Quote from: hardstation on September 15, 2019, 10:25:42 PM
What sort of outfit did Carrickmore send to Derrylaughan?

I have heard nothing of the game and wouldn't blame Carrickmore if they rested players the week before a semi final but results like this emphasis why a system needs put in place to ensure the leagues are wrapped up before the championship.

These type of games turn the league into a lottery for teams in the bottom 4 or 5 with lots of points being thrown around. If you are fortunate enough you could get 3 games against reserve teams to stay up at the end of season.

Couldn't agree more, its vital that the league is finished before championship starts IMO.  Plus also for teams that are knocked out of the championship, its very difficult to get motivated to go back out for potential meaningless league games.  The league just needs to be rattled off over the summer.   

Redhand Santa

If they didn't want to change the system too much they could even increased the starred games to 7 matches. And ensure they aren't halted for the u20's like this year.

To counteract it the non starred games could be worth say 3 points to make it fairer for teams with county men. The 7 starred games would also help cut back the long break in the summer. On top of that if they could arrange one round of mid week fixtures with the county men early in the season it would be a help as well. The last time they tried it teams weren't happy with mid week match but if it was arranged months in advance I don't think there'd be too many complaints.

Those couple of changes would ensure you could at least have the regular league matches done and dusted before the championship.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Redhand Santa on September 16, 2019, 09:23:33 AM
If they didn't want to change the system too much they could even increased the starred games to 7 matches. And ensure they aren't halted for the u20's like this year.

To counteract it the non starred games could be worth say 3 points to make it fairer for teams with county men. The 7 starred games would also help cut back the long break in the summer. On top of that if they could arrange one round of mid week fixtures with the county men early in the season it would be a help as well. The last time they tried it teams weren't happy with mid week match but if it was arranged months in advance I don't think there'd be too many complaints.

Those couple of changes would ensure you could at least have the regular league matches done and dusted before the championship.
Wednesday night games happen in every other county, but of course Tyrone have to stick to Sundays

scout

I see theres no Intermediate semi finals now this weekend, according to Tyrone website?

SG08

Quote from: scout on September 16, 2019, 09:37:31 AM
I see theres no Intermediate semi finals now this weekend, according to Tyrone website?

Not sure what tyrone website you are looking at, but theres 1 on sunday and 1 on monday

Goals_Will_Come

Thursday 19th
Intermediate Replay:
Pomeroy V Loughmacrory - venue tbc

Friday 20th:
Junior SF - 6:45
Rock V Eskra - Healy Park
Senior QF - 8:30
Edendork V Carrickmore - Healy Park

Saturday 21st:
Minor Championship Final - 3:00
Killyclogher V Eglish - Loughmacrory
Senior QF - 4:45
Omagh V Errigal Ciaran - Loughmacrory

Sunday 22nd
Senior QF - 3:00
Trillick V Clonoe - Carrickmore
Senior QF - 4:45
Killyclogher V Coalisland - Carrickmore

Junior SF - 6:30
Kildress V Killeeshil - Healy Park
Intermediate SF - 8:15
Galbally V Gortin/Greencastle - Healy Park

Monday 23rd
Intermediate SF - time tbc
Owen Roes V Pomeroy/Loughmacrory - Healy Park

Pearse Blue

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 10:12:30 AM
Intense game last night between Lough and Pomeroy - youd be sick you were a Loughmacrory man, be a hard one to take. Galbally look a cut above. Good win for Derrylaughan, a needed one too. Tattyreagh as good as gone, preseason already started for next year i hear. Whos everyone fancy for the Pomeroy vs Loughmacrory replay?
Would depend on who got the cards.. any suspensions?

GlenMan

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 09:27:16 AM

Wednesday night games happen in every other county, but of course Tyrone have to stick to Sundays

I hear ye bark PearseBlue.
More of a crowd would go to a game over the weekend ye see ££££££££££££

They scheduled Galbally to play on a Monday night a few weeks ago and there was absolute uproar.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: GlenMan on September 16, 2019, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 16, 2019, 10:19:58 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 09:27:16 AM

I hear ye bark PearseBlue.
More of a crowd would go to a game over the weekend ye see ££££££££££££

They scheduled Galbally to play on a Monday night a few weeks ago and there was absolute uproar.
Thats championship, completely different, teams train all year for it and men be working all day and the next day and have to play a match at an insane time at night. A league game starting at 7:30 during the week in summer would be no problem for anyone id say

omagh_gael

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 10:22:43 AM
Intense game last night between Lough and Pomeroy - youd be sick you were a Loughmacrory man, be a hard one to take. Galbally look a cut above. Good win for Derrylaughan, a needed one too. Tattyreagh as good as gone, preseason already started for next year i hear. Whos everyone fancy for the Pomeroy vs Loughmacrory replay?

Mickey Mills got straight red and is def gone. I'm almost certain HP got straight red too. He gave the umpire a friendly finger gesture going off the field too so might get a bit more for that. Frank Burns got double yellow so he'll be free

Pearse Blue

Quote from: omagh_gael on September 16, 2019, 10:46:46 AM

Mickey Mills got straight red and is def gone. I'm almost certain HP got straight red too. He gave the umpire a friendly finger gesture going off the field too so might get a bit more for that. Frank Burns got double yellow so he'll be free
Good to see our u20 stars name isn't being mentioned today, he must've had a quiet night and proved a lot of critics wrong

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: Pearse Blue on September 16, 2019, 11:03:55 AM

Good to see our u20 stars name isn't being mentioned today, he must've had a quiet night and proved a lot of critics wrong
Thought he had an excellent game and shipped a few big hits with it.

GlenMan

Does he have a lot of critics? He's an excellent player.

superstar_

Grimes was impressive and did a fantastic job on McGeary. I would say he is a cert for a call up to the senior panel for the McKenna cup.
In saying that, he could've undone all his good work had he received a second yellow for kicking out in the Frank Burns second yellow incident.

Gaafan2

You thought wrong. The dirty B*****d spit at Frank.