LAOIS SENIOR FOOTBALL 2016

Started by Unlaoised, January 12, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

les Antiques

And yes it doesn't matter where Dublin play the likelihood is they will win comfortably. But Gaa is a community that depends on helping each out in hindsight. Kilkenny is a vibrant city with fantastic amenities but surely the Leinster Council realise this venue was a mistake . It's like putting the Munster hurling final in Kilarney !!!
  Common sense in this case has not prevailed .

The Monument Road

Quote from: les Antiques on April 18, 2016, 06:33:28 PM
I think your missing the point Monument Road !! It's not about who plays Dublin .. It's about where it's played ! We all realise that Wicklow and Laois will be very close and we will be in trouble if we repeat that Meath performance amongst others . The fact of the matter is Wicklow or anyone else should not have to go down to Kilkenny a hurling dynasty to play Dublin . There are many football orientated Towns in Leinster that are well capable of hosting the Dubs.
If they were that bothered surely the Laois CB could kick up about it and have it played in O'Moore Park. I doubt the Dubs care that much where they play it.

Wouldn't have anything to do with money now would it? A few seem to have forgotten about wicklow....and why would the laois CB kick up ....why hav'nt Wicklow CB kicked up

les Antiques

Portlaoise as a town are losing out and have more too lose than Wicklow in the that sense . ( Aughrim was never going to host the Dubs ) Hotels pubs etc would be all given a huge early summer boost with 10-15 thousand Dubs in town for the night . Dublin have finally come out of Croker again and I just believed a footballing venue would have been picked . Whether it's Wicklow or Laois playing them is Irrelevant.  Your correct Momentum Road in saying money is a factor . 

Tony

It should be in O'Moore Park IF IF IF IF IF Laois win. However, this will set a precedent and I think we will see the likes of Kildare Laois and Offaly etc hosting the Dubs in the Leinster Championship in the coming years. In my opinion, it should be in Wicklow if Wicklow win - I don't care about the capacity. It should not boil down to money - it should be about fairness (I almost laugh when I type that - the GAA is not at all fair at the moment).

SCFC

Hogan Stand reporting that Paul Cotter and Paul Kingston have left the panel. Disappointing if true.

redsetanta

Correct the game should be played in either Portlaoise or Aughrim and not Kilkenny. This is all about facilitating Dublin fans and nothing to do with fair play.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Helix

Is the upgrade in OMP even ready before we ask why game isn't in OMP should we bea Wicklow?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

ILikeStrawberryJam

Disappointing to see Cotter and P Kingston leave panel.
I thought a few might go after the league ..
Cotter has dropped down the pecking order and was unlikely to see game time i suppose
P Kingston is a surprise, he saw a good bit of action in the league .. would have been pushing for a starting place ..

les Antiques

Match scheduled in Graigue this weekend against Westmeath definitely postponed.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: les Antiques on April 20, 2016, 06:05:48 PM
Match scheduled in Graigue this weekend against Westmeath definitely postponed.

Called off, not sure if it will go ahead at all now...

From the Graiguecullen Twitter page:
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

Unlaoised

Laois Played Wexford Tuesday night up here....

It was an easy win Wexford were terrible ...Laois were short a load of players not playing for one reason or another...

No Quigley,Brody, O'Carroll, Donie,C Begley,Timmons,Kehoe,the list goes on some of these guys haven't trained since the Meath game either which is worrying. ....Not sure of the score but I think they won by about 10-12 points...

I hope things improve regarding the set up and injuries!

LAOIS ABÚ

redsetanta

Where's 'up here' Unlaoised.

If it's Dublin will you post up any other matches that may be on up here as I would be interested in tipping along to them.

Cheers.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

les Antiques

Any chance of the team that started Unlaoised !? Where was it played ?

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 21, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

It was an easy win Wexford were terrible ...Laois were short a load of players not playing for one reason or another...

No Quigley,Brody, O'Carroll, Donie,C Begley,Timmons,Kehoe,the list goes on some of these guys haven't trained since the Meath game either which is worrying. ....Not sure of the score but I think they won by about 10-12 points...

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: les Antiques on April 21, 2016, 06:21:06 PM
Any chance of the team that started Unlaoised !? Where was it played ?

Quote from: Unlaoised on April 21, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

It was something like:
McDonald,
S Murphy,
P O'Sullivan,
Seale
Dillon
Strong
D O'Connor
J Farrell
Meaney
Donoher
O'Loughlin