LAOIS SENIOR FOOTBALL 2016

Started by Unlaoised, January 12, 2016, 12:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unlaoised

Can't argue with them Derry boys....Ref has a lot to answer for with his performance on sunday....

Quigley was immense especially in the first 50 minutes...

I hear we have picked up a few injuries rather not say who on here but we all know Lillis is gone but it looks like there is 3 more big players struggling along with him  >:( >:(  ...Lets hope young O'Carroll come through the Dublin game okay he is kicking a lot of football lately it must be hard on the chap!
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Yeah, i hear Timmons is out almost certainly. Poor lad is injury prone. Big loss. Lillis most likely out for months.

les Antiques

The prognosis on Kieran Lillis is better than first thought. Out for 5-6 weeks with a fracture. No break luckily.

Tony

I had a dream last night that I was talking to Jack Nolan, and he said we beat Cavan, scoring 4 goals in the process. Make of that what you will  :)

blueandwhite1

Quote from: les Antiques on March 23, 2016, 10:37:36 AM
The prognosis on Kieran Lillis is better than first thought. Out for 5-6 weeks with a fracture. No break luckily.

Isn't a fracture a break?

Shapes Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on March 23, 2016, 12:31:07 PM
Quote from: les Antiques on March 23, 2016, 10:37:36 AM

Isn't a fracture a break?

Hairline fracture to be exact.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2016, 11:00:51 AM
I had a dream last night that I was talking to Jack Nolan, and he said we beat Cavan, scoring 4 goals in the process. Make of that what you will  :)

Hope its true Tony, just a bit worried that you're dreaming about Jack Nolan...    ;D ;D
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

OTF

If we beat Cavan and lose to Meath we're gone.
If Armagh lose one of their last 2 games and we beat Meath we survive.
I'm I right ??

Tony

Quote from: OTF on March 23, 2016, 01:13:51 PM
If we beat Cavan and lose to Meath we're gone.
If Armagh lose one of their last 2 games and we beat Meath we survive.
I'm I right ??
Yes you're right. In short, in all likelihood we have to beat Meath to stay up. It's shaping up to be a championship style last League game in O'Moore Park.

Stad

__________Pts__SD____Fixtures
Fermanagh    4      -2         Galway (away) Tyrone (home)
Meath            3      -12       Derry (away) Laois (away)
Laois             3      -20        Cavan (away) Meath (home)
Armagh         3       -22       Tyrone (away) Derry (home)

There's a number of different scenarios. If Fermanagh lose both their games we only have to win one. If us, Meath and Armagh win one each it'll go down to score difference. If only 2 of those 3 win one game it will go down to head to head. Whatever way you look at it, I think it'll come down to beating Meath on the last day. A win in Cavan would be a big boost though.

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Tony on March 23, 2016, 11:00:51 AM

I dreamt about Jennifer Lawrence......but each to their own!

Mind you, she said the exact same thing in my dream.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

From Cavan's Hogan Stand page, a nice little incentive for our lads before Sunday...

QuoteOur NAP this weekend is Cavan to score over 16.5 points versus Laois at a nicely priced 11/10 with Paddy Power.

Cavan have been building up a serious head of steam over the last number weeks and have come closest to upsetting Tyrone in the first round.
They also seem to have finally turned the corner in the scoring department, with Seanie Johnston racking up some very credible scores they have really seemed to let lose recently.

They have scored on average 22 points per game over their last three fixtures, these are figures that Cavan have never produced to date under Terry Hyland
and the Laois team they play has conceded the most scores in division two to date, a porous 98 points or an average of just under 20 points a game.
All of which indicates a high scoring performance from Cavan, not to mention the advantageous home advantage.

Paddy Power are the only book makers to have priced up this market to date, so also remember to keep an eye on other bookmakers for  a bit of better value.

OTF

Bad result for us in Omagh tonight.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Its still in our own hands. Win tomorrow and beat Meath and we stay up. Let's stand up for ourselves and not be depending on other teams to save us...

Itchy

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on March 26, 2016, 03:09:19 PM
From Cavan's Hogan Stand page, a nice little incentive for our lads before Sunday...

QuoteOur NAP this weekend is Cavan to score over 16.5 points versus Laois at a nicely priced 11/10 with Paddy Power.

Cavan have been building up a serious head of steam over the last number weeks and have come closest to upsetting Tyrone in the first round.
They also seem to have finally turned the corner in the scoring department, with Seanie Johnston racking up some very credible scores they have really seemed to let lose recently.

They have scored on average 22 points per game over their last three fixtures, these are figures that Cavan have never produced to date under Terry Hyland
and the Laois team they play has conceded the most scores in division two to date, a porous 98 points or an average of just under 20 points a game.
All of which indicates a high scoring performance from Cavan, not to mention the advantageous home advantage.

Paddy Power are the only book makers to have priced up this market to date, so also remember to keep an eye on other bookmakers for  a bit of better value.

Very unwelcome piece from a Cavan perspective. We ain't Dublin ffs.