TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gawa316

Surely it is so easy for yer doll to prove Gadd and Netflix wrong...look no 9 month prison sentence...sue papers incoming?

Watched the interview and thought she was a bit mental. Stated she hadn't watch the show but knew a fair bit about it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gawa316 on May 13, 2024, 05:33:11 AMSurely it is so easy for yer doll to prove Gadd and Netflix wrong...look no 9 month prison sentence...sue papers incoming?

Watched the interview and thought she was a bit mental. Stated she hadn't watch the show but knew a fair bit about it.

She might have had the 9 months suspended, she just states she never went to prison.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JoG2

Red Eye on ITV, decent so far, 3 episodes in

gallsman

Every now and again ITV puts out a really, really good show. They make them so hard to watch though with the quality and ads on ITVX.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on May 13, 2024, 09:07:09 AMEvery now and again ITV puts out a really, really good show. They make them so hard to watch though with the quality and ads on ITVX.

Have lost all faith with ITV X and don't bother with it, maybe its the broadband we have or I've looked at some reasons being the TV isn't up to speed, or whatever, but I'm not alone when it comes to the quality of their streaming
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

It's ITVX. Not even broadcast in full HD, never mind UHD.

Crazy that it's the guts of 20 years old and the iPlayer is probably still the single best VOD service going.

JPGJOHNNYG

I find all 4 or whatever it is called now is unwatchable too. I used to love it but it seems to play all the adds perfectly and then buffers non-stop for the programs. Netflix, prime, Disney, iPlayer all work fine so not an internet issue

trueblue1234

Tipping through the new series of Blue lights. Bit Meh to say the least.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

quit yo jibbajabba

Don't think Inside no9 ever been discussed in here. Decent wee show. Clever. Last series on atm. Tonight's effort decent

bennydorano

Man in full on Netflix is very good, read some mixed reviews but I'm loving it anyway, 1 episode (of 6) to go.

J70

Manhunt is really good.

Dramatization of the Lincoln assassination and subsequent hunt for John Wilkes Booth. Booth played by Anthony Boyle, Edwin Stanton, Secretary of War who was Lincoln's right hand man and led the investigation, by Tobias Menzies.

statto

Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2024, 10:53:09 AMManhunt is really good.

Dramatization of the Lincoln assassination and subsequent hunt for John Wilkes Booth. Booth played by Anthony Boyle, Edwin Stanton, Secretary of War who was Lincoln's right hand man and led the investigation, by Tobias Menzies.

What platform is this on?

J70

Quote from: statto on May 16, 2024, 11:24:05 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 16, 2024, 10:53:09 AMManhunt is really good.

What platform is this on?

In the US, it's on Apple TV.

Jell 0 Biafra

Evil on Netflix is a fun watch. A tongue-in-cheek show in which a group of (mostly) skeptical exorcists investigate various supernatural events. There are some mawkish moments, and some episodes focus a bit too much on the cutesy kids of the main female protagonist, but there are some great characters, and it's one of those rare shows that does the horror and the humor more or less equally well.