Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Hoping McCloskey wins but i have a feeling he will get knocked out in the 4th (well i backed that anyways)

Khan is a good boxer, and getting knocked out doesn't make you a bad boxer. Casey was cleaned out there recently and will be back hopefully better prepared.

Khan may underestimate Dudey but should have too much in his locker for him. Watched Dudey in M'felt last year and wasn't that impressed if i were honest.

Is McGuinness, Mickey Harte and Quigg going?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

isourboydownyet

apparently pubs are not asllowed to show the fight apart from dungiven where mccloskey had it in his contract that all the pubs in dungiven get free coverage.
my local tried to book it but was told there is no comercial coverage so i expect any pub showing it have used there home box to book it and taken the box and connected it in the pub.

souljaboy

Quote from: haranguerer on April 15, 2011, 08:34:47 AM
Will many pubs in Belfast have this? Does anyone know some that do for sure?

The bot is definitely showing it
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

Rav67

As the fight edges closer I'm beginning to fear McCloskey could end up being embarassed with an early stoppage.  A lot of people are saying Dudey has nothing to lose but it would be a major disappointment if he's out of there in the first 4 rounds.  I can't see it going the distance but hopefully Dudey can hang in there until the latter stages of the fight.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on April 16, 2011, 12:41:57 PM
apparently pubs are not asllowed to show the fight apart from dungiven where mccloskey had it in his contract that all the pubs in dungiven get free coverage.
my local tried to book it but was told there is no comercial coverage so i expect any pub showing it have used there home box to book it and taken the box and connected it in the pub.

is that legal
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bigfrank

What time is fight expected to start at 2nite?? how much is the fight to buy on sky tv??? and do you think it will be possible to get a link online to watch the fight for free  :P

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: isourboydownyet on April 16, 2011, 02:05:08 PM
nope

i didnt think a law abiding citizen like doc would be up to that sort of craic !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

CiKe

fight is not on sky but primetime (channel 480), about £15

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenmachine

Good man O'Neill - keep the links coming lads!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

bigfrank

what time are they expected to fight?? heard they thought around 10pm...

CiKe

Just tuned in getting excited now, Duke Mckenzie talking about Khan on a different level (easy enough to make the argument to be fair given the opposition they have fought), but they talk about his amazing performance against Maidana. Amazing in that he was supposed to be the class act in the fight who would win every round against a slugger who would always be in with a punchers chance - yet he got more than he could ever have asked for and was very lucky. Revisionism of that victory after the fact has been massive!

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CiKe

Quote from: ONeill on April 16, 2011, 08:17:48 PM
Khan in 4.

Feck i hope not, hope Dudey keeps his hands up a bit more. Still think if McCloskey doesn't find him out someone will. Maidana hit him all too easily.