Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

I see Ring updated their ratings last week, Ward replacing Kovalev at no2, who drops to third.

Lomachenko is at 7 will likely move up tho, you would have to have him ahead of Crawford and Rigodeaux.

On another thought provided Frampton keeps winning is there a chance of him meeting Lomachenko

an léirmheastóir

Quote from: JimStynes on November 27, 2016, 10:19:15 PM
Quote from: gallsman on November 27, 2016, 02:25:28 PM
He was getting battered and had absolutely no answer for what was facing. Easy to criticise someone for not having heart but I imagine it's a hell of a lot easier to decide you don't want any more of it when getting the head chewed up with no idea how you might go about winning the fight.

As I said early it is easy saying it while sitting watching and any man that has to balls to fight for a living deserves respect. It's just he wasn't getting battered, he hadn't a mark on his face, but more of a boxing lesson. He didn't take any really bad punches and certainly wasnt hurt.  I think he realised he was getting outclassed and just gave up to easy for someone who was meant to be a world class fighter. One of Lomavchenko's weaknesses I feel is that he isn't really a heavy puncher and if he is going to go up the weight classes then this might be his one slight flaw. He is amazing to watch though, his speed and movement is phenomenal. Nearly 400 amateur fights and only beat once. Ridiculous.

What would you rather get a kick from a horse or 100 bee stings. Powers nice but speed and accuracy is lethal.

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 28, 2016, 03:49:33 PM
I meant with regards to the shot being spout last week that Ward was pound for pound number 1.

Wise up ffs. Lomachenko is a class operator but he has had eight pro fights. You disagreed with the judges' decision in the Ward-Kovalev last week. Well done. Now get the f**k over it.

gallsman

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 28, 2016, 09:00:40 PM
Lomachenko is at 7 will likely move up tho, you would have to have him ahead of Crawford and Rigodeaux.

No. No you wouldn't have to at all.

omaghjoe

Quote from: gallsman on November 28, 2016, 09:55:35 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on November 28, 2016, 09:00:40 PM

No. No you wouldn't have to at all.

Perhaps your not aware of common sentence structures for expressing ones opinion?

an léirmheastóir

Rigo v lomenchenko is the talk at a catch weight. Would be very interesting fight one can't miss the other doesn't get hit. Something's gotta give

an léirmheastóir

Is Mc Gregor on the wind up? Buying a southern Californian boxing license €50 would buy one. I don't think he would win an Irish amateur title at any weight from 54-75 kg. I fear this is a wind up as he's bound to know he's not at the level of any middle ranked welterweight out there.

BennyHarp

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on December 01, 2016, 08:29:35 PM
Is Mc Gregor on the wind up? Buying a southern Californian boxing license €50 would buy one. I don't think he would win an Irish amateur title at any weight from 54-75 kg. I fear this is a wind up as he's bound to know he's not at the level of any middle ranked welterweight out there.

I'd say he's quite happy with adding fuel to the fire about a possible fight with Mayweather. Being continually associated with a guy who the greatest of his generation doesn't do brand McGregor any harm whatever. McGregor plays the game very well!
That was never a square ball!!

gallsman

Quote from: an léirmheastóir on December 01, 2016, 08:29:35 PM

He's 100% on the wind up and Mayweather is complicit in it. McGregor would be annihilated in a boxing match by any competitive contestant in the Irish nationals.

bennydorano

Ferne Cotton meets Nigel Benn on BBC1 is good viewing, will presumably be on the iplayer later

Medic

David Haye Gets Owned By Tony Bellew On TV Show Very Funny! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yro9MRQ60s
All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

DuffleKing

I thought Bellew just looked and sounded like a prize co*k

BennyHarp

Very sad news that Alejandro Gonzalez jr, the young guy who put Carl Frampton down twice in the first round and gave him the scare of his life last year, was found dead today. Looks like he was murdered, only 23.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/report-alejandro-gonzalez-jr-found-dead/#
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyHarp on December 09, 2016, 08:34:04 PM
Very sad news that Alejandro Gonzalez jr, the young guy who put Carl Frampton down twice in the first round and gave him the scare of his life last year, was found dead today. Looks like he was murdered, only 23.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/report-alejandro-gonzalez-jr-found-dead/#

Wow!! 23!! Terrible
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes