Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Have just seen Enzo Maccarinelli get viciously knocked out for the umpteenth time. Stop giving this man a license please.

bridgegael

Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2016, 10:37:09 PM
Have just seen Enzo Maccarinelli get viciously knocked out for the umpteenth time. Stop giving this man a license please.

You'd imagine that will be it for enzo.  Savage knockout there. His 8th time being beat by KO.  Time to let it go
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

gallsman

Quote from: bridgegael on June 10, 2016, 10:45:55 PM
Quote from: gallsman on June 10, 2016, 10:37:09 PM

You'd imagine that will be it for enzo.  Savage knockout there. His 8th time being beat by KO.  Time to let it go

You'd hope so but it's happened so many times before and he keeps coming back.

He had gone down to light heavy and seemed to be getting back on some sort of track but I saw this was for a cruiserweight belt.

bridgegael

Yeah he took the fight at 10days notice.  He has just tweeted that he has retired.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

The Iceman

Quote from: bridgegael on June 10, 2016, 10:59:42 PM
Yeah he took the fight at 10days notice.  He has just tweeted that he has retired.
glad to hear that - on the receiving end of another KO - he gave it a go - definitely time to call it a day and stay safe
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Atticus_Finch

If anyone has ever considered doing a white collar fight as a challenge id, recommend it. There's a future event coming up in August with training being done out of Brian Magee's gym behind the ASDA on Kennedy Way. I'd be happy to put you in touch with the event organisers if anyone fancied it.

I had a white collar fight in the europa on saturday night there. I won it thankfully but trained hard for it for the past two months.  There were a couple of occasions I trained three times a day, went off the booze but it was well worth all the sacrifices. There's a great buzz on the night of it. Even though I'm a fan of boxing I'd be pretty useless at it. Your sister, even your mum would probably beat me in a boxing fight ! Training was tough but enjoyable. I even ended up sparring Martin Rogan on a couple of occasions (he was obviously going easy on me and doing his best to help me out) , given I'm a 11 stone dripping wet even if I could box that would always be a mismatch but it was definitely worthwhile in terms of not having any fear of sparring anyone after that.

I was raising funds for Cancer research which is a charity fairly close to my heart. To date sponsors have helped me raise nearly  £1300.

Massive thanks to board regular Milltown Row who not only had a few handy tips for me having done a white collar fight before but also was a massive help with my fundraising efforts.

MR - gentleman, thank you.

"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Well done, its a scary thing for a complete novice stepping into the ring!! Nothing worse than that first punch on the nose!!

Well done on raising the money btw
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyHarp

That was never a square ball!!

omaghjoe

Great to get that fight on, should be interesting, would like to see Kovalev win but this is a fight of styles Ward may just be too good

On another note, its an awful shame that you get excited at the prospect of the best actually getting into a ring and fighting each other.

JimStynes

I really hope Ward wins. I always like watching Ward, fabulous boxer.

nrico2006

Im actually the opposite in that I hope Kovalev beats him as Ward is as smug as they come.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Club Rossa

Fury v Klitscko postponed due to Fury injuring his ankle.

nrico2006

Fury looking a tube right now after his slating of Haye when he was injured and postponed
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

BennyHarp

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 25, 2016, 06:02:25 PM
Fury looking a tube right now after his slating of Haye when he was injured and postponed

Have you seen his ankle?
That was never a square ball!!