Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

How many McGuigan boys is there? All over the fookin place.

Syferus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 28, 2015, 11:37:44 PM
No value for money there.
I always hate seeing pricks in the first few rows shadow boxing. Cringe.

It was an incredible performance. Great occassion.

Tony Baloney

Line Ball

Them Mc Guigans are some arseholes, jumping and leaping about the ring - I have more time for the lad from T Bay.

Kidder81

Barry & the son seem like a pair of cocks

BennyHarp

I like Quigg but he looked intimidated in that interview. He won't come to Belfast to fight Frampton in a million years.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Some amount of asinine begrudgery on this thread. 90% of the posts don't have anything to do with Frampton's excellent performance.

Gaffer

I wonder was Barney Eastwood there?
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

gallsman

Cracking fight, excellent stoppage, but Frampton still managed to ship a lot of punches from a limited, albeit very game, opponent.

Doesn't matter what McGuigan says, Rigo is the divisional king and I think Carl has a bit to go yet before stepping in ring with that kind of quality.

ONeill

Nothing learned from that fight.

Barry doing a Eubank.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:15:19 AM
Cracking fight, excellent stoppage, but Frampton still managed to ship a lot of punches from a limited, albeit very game, opponent.

Doesn't matter what McGuigan says, Rigo is the divisional king and I think Carl has a bit to go yet before stepping in ring with that kind of quality.

Did you see Rigondeaux's last fight? Did he really look that impressive whilst getting tumbled twice? 

Syferus

Frampton is clearly improving. If he beats Quigg (and I think he should) he shouldn't be fearing the 34 year-old Cuban, who would probably be willing to come to Belfast.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

Did you see Rigondeaux's last fight? Did he really look that impressive whilst getting tumbled twice?

You mean the one he travelled to Japan for, came back from the above and ended up winning?

ONeill

Quote from: Syferus on March 01, 2015, 12:21:22 AM
Frampton is clearly improving. If he beats Quigg (and I think he should) he shouldn't be fearing the 34 year-old Cuban, who would probably be willing to come to Belfast.

What do you not like about Quigg?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on March 01, 2015, 12:34:40 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on March 01, 2015, 12:18:04 AM

You mean the one he travelled to Japan for, came back from the above and ended up winning?

And got put down twice? Showed enough weaknesses to suggest he is beatable. It doesn't matter what country he travelled to, he was still getting punched which is your crititicism of Frampton and in my view he is good but not the undisputable number one that seems to be the standard comment in this division.