Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Boxing should be good tonight, McCullough beat Casey tonight which I'm sure to Casey was a shock, knocked him out in the 10. Promising fighter. Carl will have a tight enough fight to but should put in down in the middle rounds.

Jamie fight on soon, this guy he's fighting has a decent record so it should be close. lol, Jamie knocked him out in the first lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bridgegael

any links for the fight??
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Milltown Row2

Cracking fight and fair play to Carl, hopefully a title fight now on the back of that performance
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2013, 11:31:08 PM
Take it he won? Good man The Jackel.
6th round stoppage I believe.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 19, 2013, 11:44:36 PM
Hmm, "cracking fight" may be a bit subjective then.

Why? the French lad was boxing well, was very tough and took some decent punches and had a great counter jab, Carl fought a cracking fight and the body punch that put the French fighter down was a smashing punch. Did you watch it?  Be difficult for you to judge my post on it I'd say.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 12:23:01 AM

Why? the French lad was boxing well, was very tough and took some decent punches and had a great counter jab, Carl fought a cracking fight and the body punch that put the French fighter down was a smashing punch. Did you watch it?  Be difficult for you to judge my post on it I'd say.

That's like saying Mayo v Donegal was a cracking game of football. Frampton gave him a hiding.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on October 20, 2013, 01:33:11 PM

That's like saying Mayo v Donegal was a cracking game of football. Frampton gave him a hiding.

Yes he did, and it was a cracking fight for Carl, the french fighter fought well considering the barrage of punches coming in, but sure it's all about opinions. Been plenty of fights were one fighter will dominate and its still called a cracking fight or great fight. 

This hopefully will lead on to another fight with Kiko or even a fight with Quigg. The other champions are a step too far for Frampton, so it's a wait and see situation.

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 01:52:58 PM
Quote from: Franko on October 20, 2013, 01:33:11 PM

Yes he did, and it was a cracking fight for Carl, the french fighter fought well considering the barrage of punches coming in, but sure it's all about opinions. Been plenty of fights were one fighter will dominate and its still called a cracking fight or great fight. 

This hopefully will lead on to another fight with Kiko or even a fight with Quigg. The other champions are a step too far for Frampton, so it's a wait and see situation.

I doubt many Parodi fans would describe it as a great fight. But like you say, it's all about opinions. Hope Frampton kicks on from here. Could never have too many big fight nights in Belfast.

Atticus_Finch

As part of their Legendary Nights series, HBO aired "The Tale of Gatti Ward" last night after the Alvarado fight.

Beautifully crafted documentary, up there with the best boxing docs you will see:

http://www.putlocker.com/embed/E9BBBE2946A36C98

After clicking the link, click "Close ad and watch as free user", then on the next screen click "Start video now", that will bypass any registration crap.

P.S Well done the Jackal last night.  Bigger challenges lie ahead but there is no reason why he can't be a World Champion.  Go fight Kiko Martinez again and win his belt, go to Spain if you have to. Any great fighter should have a travelling fan base and a trip to Spain would be a good testing ground ahead of any trans-atlantic trips that may take place in the next couple of years.  Let Quigg stay on his own separate trajectory for as long as possible.  If Frampton and Quigg both meet as world champions it will be that extra bit special and the difference in terms of money on offer to both fighters would be significant !

Just stay away from Rigondeaux !  The Belfast Jackal is not ready to face the Cuban "El Chacal" (Jackal),  not yet ...
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

gallsman

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on October 20, 2013, 02:40:02 PM
Just stay away from Rigondeaux !  The Belfast Jackal is not ready to face the Cuban "El Chacal" (Jackal),  not yet ...

I like Frampton and he seems to be improving all the time but he's nowhere close to Rigo's level and I'm not sure he ever will be. If he does win a world title, I don't know if McGuigan is the manager and promoter to turn him into a global attraction for the likes of Rigo or Donaire.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2013, 06:19:07 PM

I like Frampton and he seems to be improving all the time but he's nowhere close to Rigo's level and I'm not sure he ever will be. If he does win a world title, I don't know if McGuigan is the manager and promoter to turn him into a global attraction for the likes of Rigo or Donaire.

Maybe not but if he wins the other titles it could lead to that, as Atticus_Finch said win the other ones and have a go at the states, It killed Barry but having been there before he could be better prepared. Carl's very composed in his fights, when he fought Kiko it was the the only time I saw him flustered but he managed to win that fight

gallsman

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 20, 2013, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: gallsman on October 20, 2013, 06:19:07 PM

Maybe not but if he wins the other titles it could lead to that, as Atticus_Finch said win the other ones and have a go at the states, It killed Barry but having been there before he could be better prepared. Carl's very composed in his fights, when he fought Kiko it was the the only time I saw him flustered but he managed to win that fight

Hopefully. There's no way somebody with the ambitions Frampton apparently has should have been out of action for so long after the Martinez fight.

JimStynes

As part of their Legendary Nights series, HBO aired "The Tale of Gatti Ward" last night after the Alvarado fight.

Beautifully crafted documentary, up there with the best boxing docs you will see:

http://www.putlocker.com/embed/E9BBBE2946A36C98

After clicking the link, click "Close ad and watch as free user", then on the next screen click "Start video now", that will bypass any registration crap.

P.S Well done the Jackal last night.  Bigger challenges lie ahead but there is no reason why he can't be a World Champion.  Go fight Kiko Martinez again and win his belt, go to Spain if you have to. Any great fighter should have a travelling fan base and a trip to Spain would be a good testing ground ahead of any trans-atlantic trips that may take place in the next couple of years.  Let Quigg stay on his own separate trajectory for as long as possible.  If Frampton and Quigg both meet as world champions it will be that extra bit special and the difference in terms of money on offer to both fighters would be significant !

That was brilliant!! Ive watch their fights 20 times they keep getting better. Two warriors.

the Deel Rover

Good luck to Jason Quigley in todays World championship boxing final this morning.The 1st Irish male boxer to reach a final.I think he has won his last 34 fights.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

lfdown2

Anyone heard of Dennis Hogan fighting for Australian middleweight championship in brisbane in couple of weeks, lad from Kildare.