Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic

All Things Dr. Karl Raymond Marx Kennedy  - https://allthingsdockarlkennedy-blog.tumblr.com/

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 15, 2012, 05:23:22 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on January 13, 2012, 05:12:30 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on January 13, 2012, 04:57:54 PM
See Amir has another crack at it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16450797.stm

The World Boxing Association has confirmed it has ordered a rematch between Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson.

Hope Peterson beats the arrogant p***k!

+1
See Golden Boy has cancelled the Khan appeal to the IBF. What does this mean for any rematch if only the WBA have accepted the appeal?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16605456.stm

Atticus_Finch

Thanks Orangemac / Declan for posting - have all the Ali shows sky plussed now  :)

Fantastic news about the cuban boxers setting up shop in Belfast ahead of the 2012 Olympics

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympics/london_2012/16595251.stm

In re to Khan and the whole appeal process / rematch saga - it's an absolute farce.

You can show footage of the mystery man (Mustafa Ameen) play some X files music and even get Mulder and Scully on the blower but the fact is he had fcuk all bearing on the outcome of that fight.  He's an IBF official who was off duty on the night and watching a fight.  But golden boy and Khan have been able to clutch at straws here and force a rematch.

As regards the bearing on the rematch - it means should there be a rematch (bear in mind Peterson can say no and relinquish his WBA belt) that it is up to Peterson whether he puts his IBF title on the line or not.

In regards the 50 50 split being offered by Khan's people that once again is a joke - only his people would have the audacity to try and call the shots as a loser.  Peterson won the fight - it's up to him to offer Khan the split.

You think if Khan had been a man and given Paul McCloskey a deserved rematch that he would have got a 50 50 split ....

I think i need to go and have a post in that "What grinds my gears" thread !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Radda bout yeee

I think its fair to say he's made an ass of himself again!

Radda bout yeee

I hear Pacman V Mayweather will happen May 5???

Milltown Row2

Carl Frampton fighting tonight in London. I'm going for a 5th round stoppage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Atticus_Finch

Had him down for a 6th round knockout MR .... no cigar !

Impressive enough performance - think Hughes was there for the taking from earlier on than the sixth and Frampton probably won't get a great deal of credit for the fight but you can only beat what is put in front of you at the end of the day.

Stylewise was a hard enough fight with Hughes having a far superior reach and his record would suggest he's durable enough. 

Lot of hype from the media building up a potential fight between Frampton and Scott Quigg.  Quigg boxing next weekend is no coincidence.  Sky are praying a match is made this year and trying to do all they can to bring it about.  Quigg is different class to anyone Frampton has fought but i'd be hopeful he would edge it.  But Frampton seems a decent kid, got good ring entrance music and hopefully he will go far.
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Milltown Row2

Aye decent fight but as you said should have put Hughes away earlier. Difficult fighting someone 7 inches taller than you but he managed a lot of head shots before finally landing the KO at the end.

He's a good kid and I hope he gets Quigg in the end. He'll probably have another fight before Quigg I'd imagine.

He really did only do half pace i thought, a flurry of punches every so often. More to come I hope.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

heganboy

See Angelo Dundee passed away today
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

JimStynes

Raging Pac couldnt get things sorted for the floyd fight. His camp running scared  >:(

Floyd should beat cotto easily on points!!!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Kenny Egan 9-5 down to Joe Ward after the first round of the Amateur in the National -- on RTE2 now!
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

randomtask

Ward is a machine, looks like a good medal hope

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 03, 2012, 09:32:14 PM
Kenny Egan 9-5 down to Joe Ward after the first round of the Amateur in the National -- on RTE2 now!
These London 2012 qualifiers?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: randomtask on February 03, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
Ward is a machine, looks like a good medal hope

True, very decent boxer by the look of it, and a good win at 29 points to 10.

No Tony, Ward has the Qualifiers to come yet.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...