American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2008, 09:42:27 AM
Arizona Cardinals 5-3, every one else in the Division (Worst in football maybe) is 2-6.

3 game lead with 8 games to go. Only the Cardinals could screw this up. Oh.. wait.

No maybe about it........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

AFC West is just as bad.

Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders?

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2008, 09:58:40 AM
AFC West is just as bad.

Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders?

Chargers are one of the most talented teams in the NFL but are playing gash, i will give you the other three though.

thejuice

Well done to the Bungles fior picking up their 1st win. I like them and I wish they'd win something but they seem to implode everytime they improve. I've always like Palmer and Housmanzada (and #85 I've liked but he's gone down a bit in my estimation). Giants rolled over the Cowboys quite comfortably. If one thing this season has taught us it is imperitive to have 2 good QBs.

"Romo, Romo, where art thou Romo?"
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Cowboys might be done. Playing in the NFC East is punishment. It's like Ulster :D

The Cowboys are bottom of the NFC East at 5-3. Looks like the Giants will win that division, and you could conceivably bottom of that division with a winning record. The AFC West and NFC West might end up with 3 teams below .500, and a winner just above it.

In fairness to the NFC West, at least the division leader is 5-3, the division leader in the AFC West is 4-4!!

The Iceman

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 03, 2008, 10:25:03 AM
Cowboys might be done. Playing in the NFC East is punishment. It's like Ulster :D

The Cowboys are bottom of the NFC East at 5-3. Looks like the Giants will win that division, and you could conceivably bottom of that division with a winning record. The AFC West and NFC West might end up with 3 teams below .500, and a winner just above it.

In fairness to the NFC West, at least the division leader is 5-3, the division leader in the AFC West is 4-4!!

there is a good few games to go yet
cowboys as much as I hate them will be back - Romo should be available in another two weeks
giants defense were excellent this weekend - manning was ok and Jacobs is a wrecking ball - I doubt Francie Bellew could even stop him
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

DrinkingHarp

Just announced on ESPN that Brady Quinn will start for Cleveland Browns in week 10.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Minder

Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 03, 2008, 10:05:16 PM
Just announced on ESPN that Brady Quinn will start for Cleveland Browns in week 10.

Good stuff, i always thought Anderson was a one hit wonder. He will probably be traded in the spring.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: Minder on November 03, 2008, 10:06:55 PM
Quote from: DrinkingHarp on November 03, 2008, 10:05:16 PM

Good stuff, i always thought Anderson was a one hit wonder. He will probably be traded in the spring.

He will end up as a backup QB making over a million a year, not a bad gig.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Carmen Stateside

How boring are Pittsburgh!!! Some defence though.
Steelers 23
Redskins  6

Carmen Stateside

By the way for anyone that is interested Ben Roethilsberger was replaced in the second half by Byron Leftwich. Shoulder injury.
Leftwich looked the part, played well!

thejuice

Brady Quinn got his start last night, did alright, 23 of 35 passes, 239yds 2TDs and no Ints. But they still lost and blew a 14 point lead  :-\ 
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

thejuice

Just gonna throw out my picks for Week 10

NO  SAINTS beat ATL FALCS  - though I hope not

TEN TITS beat CHI  BEARS 

JAC JAGS beat DET LIONS

HOU TEXS beat BAL RAVENS

SEA SEA beat MIA DOLS

NE PATS beat BUF BILLS

NY JETS beat STL RAMS

CAR PANTS beat OAK RAID

PIT STEELERS beat IND COLTS

SD CHARGERS
beat KC CHIEFS

NYG beat PHILLY EAGLES

ARI CARDS beat SF 49ERS

Carmen Stateside

Taking the Bears to beat the Titans along with Jets,Chargers and Cardinals.

Eagles vs Giants Sunday night should be interesting!